Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GTM Performance Engineering: GTM TD05 16G Test Results 91 Octane 7AT

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 04:47 PM
G-Rex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
Wow!! You just made my day Sam!

Will the stock cats hold up with this setup? Interesting how the highest low-end tq figures were achieved with the stock exhaust
I too am curious about the reduction in low end torque when using the test pipes. Why do you think this occurs?

Count me in on a PM with kit pricing; I'd probably use Baker in Houston for the installation.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:59 PM
wattles
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Legz
More info on the 7at valve body upgrade please! I neeeeeeeed
I have only gotten a bit to drive the car with the valve body upgrade. It is back in the shop for some more tweaking.
I definitely noticed some more solid grab on the shifts but I would have liked to see the shift times decrease more. I'm going to ask Sam if it's possible to adjust them to be quicker and harder.
To be fair I did say I didn't want he shifts to be too aggressive making the car hit hard every time it shifts. I am Lookin for a happy medium between stock and 5AT performance Trannys. So I imagine it will take some back and forth to get it how I like.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:34 PM
rcebowl
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any more info?!?!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:54 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
This has my attention
Old 07-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Steveoh187
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
can't wait for more details regarding this kit
Old 07-06-2012, 01:44 AM
wattles
Registered Member

I'll update as soon as I have anything to report.
I'm looking into exhaust. Hoping it will get me up over the 500 Whp mark. That combined with some firmed up shifting on the valve body upgrade will make me a very happy G owner.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:59 AM
UncleFunkle
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any news on this yet?
Old 08-01-2012, 11:29 PM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
How is this possible on a stock 7AT Transmission that has not been enhanced from a clutch package standpoint but instead only receiving a VB upgrade........

How can it manage that much TQ and not experienced chronic transmission slippage caused by the magnitude of Power??????
Old 08-02-2012, 08:08 AM
SharpByCoop

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Pat at Level Ten told me the difference between a 450hp Mercedes and an 800hp Mercedes trans is simply the settings in the software.

There is only so much space and availability for increasing the clutch packs. Beyond that the tension, provided through hydraulic pressure, is the source.

Probably the same here.

Coop
Old 08-02-2012, 09:49 AM
warpeacelove

Originally Posted by SharpByCoop
Pat at Level Ten told me the difference between a 450hp Mercedes and an 800hp Mercedes trans is simply the settings in the software.

There is only so much space and availability for increasing the clutch packs. Beyond that the tension, provided through hydraulic pressure, is the source.

Probably the same here.

Coop

Coop,

This FI affect on the AT Transmission is a problem. I also invested in an upgraded Transmission from Pat at Level Ten for my previous car. I'd a Vortech V3 SC setup on my previous car (G35X) putting down around 380'ish WHP & 324 TQ (Mustang Dyno). Mine you I even had a Stillen Oil Cooler, A 28,000 BTU Transmission cooler, Temperature gauge, Upgraded Transmission and other elements to mitigate and prevent transmission hiccups.

After all those investment I still endured chronic Transmission Slippage. The car would shift much better I must admit but that is about it, I was able to drive the car hard for about 3-5 pulls, after that the car performed like **** especially in the heat, in the Cold it was a little bit better in terms of Transmission performance.

I invested in a SC after doing extensive research on the between factors that impact the automatic Transmission between Turbo & SC. Super Charger happened to be safer due to its linear climb vs Turbo. Anyhow I hope Level Ten or Uprev can straighten out your problem but I highly doubt they can based of off my experience. I truly feel that the issue is the transmission hands down.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:58 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by warpeacelove
Coop,

This FI affect on the AT Transmission is a problem. I also invested in an upgraded Transmission from Pat at Level Ten for my previous car. I'd a Vortech V3 SC setup on my previous car (G35X) putting down around 380'ish WHP & 324 TQ (Mustang Dyno). Mine you I even had a Stillen Oil Cooler, A 28,000 BTU Transmission cooler, Temperature gauge, Upgraded Transmission and other elements to mitigate and prevent transmission hiccups.

After all those investment I still endured chronic Transmission Slippage. The car would shift much better I must admit but that is about it, I was able to drive the car hard for about 3-5 pulls, after that the car performed like **** especially in the heat, in the Cold it was a little bit better in terms of Transmission performance.

I invested in a SC after doing extensive research on the between factors that impact the automatic Transmission between Turbo & SC. Super Charger happened to be safer due to its linear climb vs Turbo. Anyhow I hope Level Ten or Uprev can straighten out your problem but I highly doubt they can based of off my experience. I truly feel that the issue is the transmission hands down.

Really I have the else mods as you and have made I handful (7) 1/4 runs at the same time no waiting( No one was there LOL) and the tranny shifted fine. I have not once had any issues with slippage with mine?

All tho I do have my doubts about this much TQ so soon,

Last edited by ANMVQ; 08-02-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:28 PM
warpeacelove

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Really I have the else mods as you and have made I handful (7) 1/4 runs at the same time no waiting( No one was there LOL) and the tranny shifted fine. I have not once had any issues with slippage with mine?

All tho I do have my doubts about this much TQ so soon,

How long have you'd your setup, and how much miles with the SC thus far?

So you haven't had transmission problem's.......is that correct?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:32 AM
wattles
Registered Member

How is this possible on a stock 7AT Transmission that has not been enhanced from a clutch package standpoint but instead only receiving a VB upgrade........

How can it manage that much TQ and not experienced chronic transmission slippage caused by the magnitude of Power??????
I have seen no slippage thus far. The car shifts well and grips like a mother!
I guess only time will tell if I wear the AT out before its normal life. I drive hard, there is no doubt, but I don't track the car or any thing like that so I left the stock AT with the VB upgrade.
I'll certainly post any irregular activity as time passes.
For now I have a beast that is a blast to drive.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:02 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
How long have you'd your setup, and how much miles with the SC thus far?

So you haven't had transmission problem's.......is that correct?
I have had no slippage or tranny issues, either, just SC issues( Water) ???

But the tranny has been perfect so far not one thing, KNOCK ON WOOD
Old 08-03-2012, 09:07 AM
wattles
Registered Member

I have seen no slippage thus far. The car shifts well and grips like a mother!
I guess only time will tell if I wear the AT out before its normal life. I drive hard, there is no doubt, but I don't track the car or any thing like that so I left the stock AT with the VB upgrade.
I'll certainly post any irregular activity as time passes.
For now I have a beast that is a blast to drive.

Quick Reply: GTM Performance Engineering: GTM TD05 16G Test Results 91 Octane 7AT