D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: 2008-2009 Infiniti G37 Bluetooth AUX Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 08:11 AM
vannatte
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bellatriks

The sound quality is perfect. But if you are going to listen to phone calls through this adapter, don't buy the Griffin. Only music streaming is possible. Return it back.
I guess I am not sure what you mean. If a call comes in while I am hooked up to the Griffin, the music is muted, and then the call comes through the speakers and the details are up on the touchscreen.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:44 AM
bellatriks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vannatte
I guess I am not sure what you mean. If a call comes in while I am hooked up to the Griffin, the music is muted, and then the call comes through the speakers and the details are up on the touchscreen.
According to the FAQ on Griffin's website, it's not possible to route the phone call through the car's speakers.

"
CAN I LISTEN TO PHONE CALLS THROUGH THE ITRIP?
No. When a phone call comes in, you will hear the ringing come through the iTrip. However, once you answer the call, you will hear your voice and the other person’s voice come through the phone normally, and not through the radio. The other person’s voice will come through the iPhone’s speaker, so, your iPhone will behave as it would if nothing were connected. You do not need to remove the iTrip at any time to answer the call."So I wanted this feature.