D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: 2008-2009 Infiniti G37 Bluetooth AUX Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 10:26 AM
ShawnDawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello I'm not sure if you still use this site but I ordered this off of eBay for my 2009 G37 and it's not working. My iPhone 6 is pairs to both the car and NFC but the when the car is in AUX mode nothing plays weather the car is moving or not. I have it hooked up exactly like your picture. How do you get the music to play through the car? Please help!
Old 10-31-2016, 12:34 PM
GariepyVQ
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a 2008 coupe and was looking into a Bluetooth conversion since I'm upgrading the the iPhone 7 soon and ditching the headphone jack. What I was thinking was using that weird iPod connector thing the '08s have so i could use the steering wheel controls to change songs and not have to use another port to charge the Bluetooth device as well. A quick search for "iPod to Bluetooth adaptor" will give you tons of 30pin to Bluetooth converters. Haven't bought yet but seems like a sound idea on paper.

AG
Old 04-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Bcrazy911

Originally Posted by ShawnDawn
Hello I'm not sure if you still use this site but I ordered this off of eBay for my 2009 G37 and it's not working. My iPhone 6 is pairs to both the car and NFC but the when the car is in AUX mode nothing plays weather the car is moving or not. I have it hooked up exactly like your picture. How do you get the music to play through the car? Please help!
Same for me.... do you find something to fix it ?!?!?!
Old 07-12-2017, 03:30 PM
GClayt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GariepyVQ
I have a 2008 coupe and was looking into a Bluetooth conversion since I'm upgrading the the iPhone 7 soon and ditching the headphone jack. What I was thinking was using that weird iPod connector thing the '08s have so i could use the steering wheel controls to change songs and not have to use another port to charge the Bluetooth device as well. A quick search for "iPod to Bluetooth adaptor" will give you tons of 30pin to Bluetooth converters. Haven't bought yet but seems like a sound idea on paper.

AG

Were you successful with this?
Old 07-12-2017, 03:48 PM
GariepyVQ
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GClayt
Were you successful with this?
Yes and no. Bought a Bluetooth adapter called "coolstrem duo" from Amazon, was like $20 ish and is an aux to Bluetooth adapter but charges with the old 30 pin iPhone chargers (pre iPhone 5), which is why I bought it since I couldn't find any other kind of charger that would connect to that port in the center console. Thought it would just play through the iPhone charger but didn't, only charged, so I hooked it up to the aux port and it plays through there. So yeah I got it to work in the sense of getting Bluetooth in my car, but I was hoping for it to work through the iPod connector so I could still use the steering wheel controls. Still works well enough for me though, see below for the setup.

2008-2009 Infiniti G37 Bluetooth AUX Install-photo546.jpg

AG
Old 07-13-2017, 05:47 AM
UCLAG37
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
I have found the perfect solution to play music from your Iphone through your bluetooth without losing music quality for Gs with the RCA cable ports. For my 08 coupe, I bought the 1) Griffin iTrip Bluetooth Car Kit Aux -Free for Cars with 3.5 mm Aux Input and a 2) 3.5 Aux plug to dual RCA male plug Y Audio Stereo Cable. This entire setup cost me under $40 total.

I've had this setup for the past 7 months and have enjoyed it ever since. The music sound quality/fidelity is as good as playing directly from a music source such as a CD. I was frankly amazed at the sound quality. I play music from Pandora, Spotify, Youtube and saved music on my Iphone 6.

The only minor critique I have is that when a new song plays, sometimes there is a split second when you hear a transitioning sound--a sound best described as a speeding up of the sound for a split second. This is a minor glitch for the great sound quality and a reliable product. I've had no problems at all and have kept the system plugged in for the entire 7 months. In addition, the Griffin has a lifetime warranty--at least when I purchased it in January 2017 directly from Griffin on Ebay. Below is a video I found of someone who has this setup.

By the way, I first tried the Coolstream Duo which which had such poor sound quality that I returned it.

This is one of the best things I've found for our Gs. You will be thanking me later.

UCLAg37
The following 2 users liked this post by UCLAG37:
GClayt (07-13-2017), vannatte (09-05-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 11:05 PM
vannatte
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by UCLAG37
I have found the perfect solution to play music from your Iphone through your bluetooth without losing music quality for Gs with the RCA cable ports. For my 08 coupe, I bought the 1) Griffin iTrip Bluetooth Car Kit Aux -Free for Cars with 3.5 mm Aux Input and a 2) 3.5 Aux plug to dual RCA male plug Y Audio Stereo Cable. This entire setup cost me under $40 total.

I've had this setup for the past 7 months and have enjoyed it ever since. The music sound quality/fidelity is as good as playing directly from a music source such as a CD. I was frankly amazed at the sound quality. I play music from Pandora, Spotify, Youtube and saved music on my Iphone 6.

The only minor critique I have is that when a new song plays, sometimes there is a split second when you hear a transitioning sound--a sound best described as a speeding up of the sound for a split second. This is a minor glitch for the great sound quality and a reliable product. I've had no problems at all and have kept the system plugged in for the entire 7 months. In addition, the Griffin has a lifetime warranty--at least when I purchased it in January 2017 directly from Griffin on Ebay. Below is a video I found of someone who has this setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4sLwfthygo

By the way, I first tried the Coolstream Duo which which had such poor sound quality that I returned it.

This is one of the best things I've found for our Gs. You will be thanking me later.

UCLAg37
Not sure why more people haven't commented on this post. This Bluetooth hack is the real deal! I ordered mine off of Amazon for about $30 and it works perfectly with excellent sound quality.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:28 PM
LPG37

Hello all,

Just got my liquid platinum 2009 G37 over the weekend! I was wondering if anyone had tried using the Griffin adapter or any other bluetooth adapter to stream videos on a non-nav G37. I see some on eBay that have both audio and video capabilities, but wanted to see if they work and, if they do, get an idea of the quality.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:28 PM
vannatte
Registered Member

Originally Posted by LPG37
Hello all,

Just got my liquid platinum 2009 G37 over the weekend! I was wondering if anyone had tried using the Griffin adapter or any other bluetooth adapter to stream videos on a non-nav G37. I see some on eBay that have both audio and video capabilities, but wanted to see if they work and, if they do, get an idea of the quality.
Amazing audio quality. I haven't had any luck getting video to work even with the parking brake on. You won't be disappointed for the ability to add the bluetooth capabilities.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:54 AM
LPG37

Thanks Vannatte! I'll check out the Griffin and report back, its only $20 on eBay, so not a huge investment. This will be my first mod to the car!

When I got my car I had to choose between two 2009 G37 Sedans, both were the same price at $12k.

The first was liquid platinum, 58k miles, base model with only the sunroof option.

The second was obsidian black, 90k miles, premium package and sport package.

I ended up getting the liquid platinum base model because the miles were so low, it was practically brand new. It looks like if I get this bluetooth adapter and upgrade my suspension, I'll have most of the specs that I really wanted from the premium and sport packages. No need for heated seats here in Houston. I do have to use my garage remote like an animal, instead of the integrated homelink, but I guess I can live with that.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:59 AM
vannatte
Registered Member

Thanks Vannatte! I'll check out the Griffin and report back, its only $20 on eBay, so not a huge investment. This will be my first mod to the car!

When I got my car I had to choose between two 2009 G37 Sedans, both were the same price at $12k.

The first was liquid platinum, 58k miles, base model with only the sunroof option.

The second was obsidian black, 90k miles, premium package and sport package.

I ended up getting the liquid platinum base model because the miles were so low, it was practically brand new. It looks like if I get this bluetooth adapter and upgrade my suspension, I'll have most of the specs that I really wanted from the premium and sport packages. No need for heated seats here in Houston. I do have to use my garage remote like an animal, instead of the integrated homelink, but I guess I can live with that.
Even an 09 with premium package would not have come with Bluetooth. I have heated seats, HomeLink, backup camera, Navigation etc with no Bluetooth. I'll bet you could get a HomeLink equipped mirror on Ebay or at a salvage yard for $50-$75. Don't forget to buy the RCA to 3.5mm adapter to hook the car to the Griffin. I was about $30 all in with both items.

Last edited by vannatte; 10-24-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:08 AM
LPG37

Yeah, my understanding was that the premium package comes with bluetooth calling, but not bluetooth audio.

I do have an extra RCA converter that I can use, its a little long but it'll be out of sight in the armrest so I don't think its an issue.

Thanks for the advice about the rearview mirror, I didn't know you could just buy the mirror with the buttons and have it work. I'll definitely look into that further.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:12 PM
vannatte
Registered Member

Yeah, my understanding was that the premium package comes with bluetooth calling, but not bluetooth audio.

I do have an extra RCA converter that I can use, its a little long but it'll be out of sight in the armrest so I don't think its an issue.

Thanks for the advice about the rearview mirror, I didn't know you could just buy the mirror with the buttons and have it work. I'll definitely look into that further.
A free adapter that is not being used is a good option too! I just tried to get as short of one as I possibly could to conserve space in the already tight console (6 inch I think). I'm super happy with the way it turned out.

Don't quote me 100% on the Homelink mirror, but I am fairly confident. I did the same thing on a Saab 9-3 and it worked flawlessly. I also had to wire up the Homelink in my 09 Infiniti because someone had cut it or damaged it during a windshield replacement so that was a fun experience.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:52 PM
LPG37

Talking

Originally Posted by vannatte
A free adapter that is not being used is a good option too! I just tried to get as short of one as I possibly could to conserve space in the already tight console (6 inch I think). I'm super happy with the way it turned out.

Don't quote me 100% on the Homelink mirror, but I am fairly confident. I did the same thing on a Saab 9-3 and it worked flawlessly. I also had to wire up the Homelink in my 09 Infiniti because someone had cut it or damaged it during a windshield replacement so that was a fun experience.
I went out to my car during lunch and noticed that there is a big gap in the windshield between the review mirror and the headliner. So it looks like there is no prewiring available for me to plug and play the homelink. I don't think its worth it to run wiring through the headliner just to have the homelink interface. Oh well, I'll just have to find other things to customize on my car to make up for that one.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:06 AM
bellatriks

Originally Posted by vannatte
Not sure why more people haven't commented on this post. This Bluetooth hack is the real deal! I ordered mine off of Amazon for about $30 and it works perfectly with excellent sound quality.
The sound quality is perfect. But if you are going to listen to phone calls through this adapter, don't buy the Griffin. Only music streaming is possible. Return it back.

Quick Reply: DIY: 2008-2009 Infiniti G37 Bluetooth AUX Install