D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: OEM Aluminum Sport Pedal Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 09:32 AM
OBJ

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
The DIY took about an hour for me. Honestly the hardest part was getting the new brake cover on and getting the bolt cover off the accelerator assembly. Also the negative temps didn't help. Two things I found made it easier:

1. I put the bottom of the brake cover on first and then pushed up and back on the pedal to force the top to go on. Worked like I charm but took me a half hour to get to that point of trying to do the top first and force the thicker bottom on.

2. When removing the bolt cover use two thin items on each long side. There are tabs that hold it in place. If you go at the cover from each short end you ultimately have to force it off which to be honest I found difficult given a tool that is thin enough to fit and strong enough.

Last edited by OBJ; 02-19-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
That looks great OBJ! Thanks for adding your experience and tips, I'm sure it will help other members in the future.

The tool that I found to work well for getting the cover off was a box cutter blade. The blade is very thin and strong (basically a razor blade on a handle) so it was able to slide in the gap and allow me enough leverage to pop the cover off rather easily.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

I made a few revisions in the OP to be more specific in some areas.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:07 PM
13BlkG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryne...this is a great DIY!!! Thank you! Now I only have one major problem...finding these pedals. I checked ebay no luck. Has anybody found these recently. Does anybody have them and which online parts houses should I try? I have no problem paying full price. Thanks, I have the brushed aluminum trim and these would look great!
Old 03-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by 13BlkG37
Ryne...this is a great DIY!!! Thank you! Now I only have one major problem...finding these pedals. I checked ebay no luck. Has anybody found these recently. Does anybody have them and which online parts houses should I try? I have no problem paying full price. Thanks, I have the brushed aluminum trim and these would look great!
Thank you, there are some accelerator pedals available here:

g37 accelerator pedal | eBay

The brake and dead pedals are reasonably priced new so it may be worth buying those from an online replacement parts store.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:25 AM
OBJ

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 13BlkG37
As Ryne pointed out the brake and dead pedal are cheaper and are probably worth buying new. The accelerator assembly is the most expensive part. I bought all the parts new from Discount Infiniti parts. Shipping was fairly quick and well packaged. I would highly advise to buy all new dead pedal clips. I pretty much broke all of the originals in trying to remove the stock dead pedal.
The following users liked this post:
madjack (04-11-2015)
Old 03-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by OBJ
As Ryne pointed out the brake and dead pedal are cheaper and are probably worth buying new. The accelerator assembly is the most expensive part. I bought all the parts new from Discount Infiniti parts. Shipping was fairly quick and well packaged. I would highly advise to buy all new dead pedal clips. I pretty much broke all of the originals in trying to remove the stock dead pedal.
That is a good point. Although you can salvage the clips from the old dead pedal, it takes a bit more work and delicacy to do. For the relatively small cost, it's a good idea to purchase the extra clips so you don't have to worry about not breaking them.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:10 AM
madjack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have done 2/3 of this mod. I have to say that I'm not comfortable doing the accelerator pedal as the recalibration has me worried. Can anyone say if there were any problems with that process and give any insight into it?
Old 04-13-2015, 03:27 AM
MidlifeCrisis
Not a cheap hobby to have

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by madjack
I have done 2/3 of this mod. I have to say that I'm not comfortable doing the accelerator pedal as the recalibration has me worried. Can anyone say if there were any problems with that process and give any insight into it?
Extremely easy, I followed the instructions in this thread and I did not encounter any issues whatsoever.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:20 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

I also did not have any issues with the accelerator pedal. Just follow the relearning process in the original thread and you will be fine.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:22 AM
G37xhibeet

Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts
I think I need to do this. Let's see...
Old 04-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by G37xhibeet
I think I need to do this. Let's see...
Do it!
Old 04-25-2015, 08:01 PM
madjack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's one out there right now...
I ordered and installed the dead pedal and brake pedal, but was waiting for the accelerator. Ordered it on Friday and received it today. Going in tomorrow!
Old 04-28-2015, 04:22 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

There's one out there right now...
I ordered and installed the dead pedal and brake pedal, but was waiting for the accelerator. Ordered it on Friday and received it today. Going in tomorrow!
Sounds great! Let us know how it goes!
Old 04-29-2015, 10:14 AM
sLADe781
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryne
This will allow you to pull back the carpet to see (6) pins held in place by metal clips. Using a combination of a flathead scerwdriver and pliers I was able to remove these with a little elbow grease. I decided to clean the carpet with carpet cleaner in the area while I had the chance.
Thank you for this. When I pulled back the carpet awhile back, I heard a pop and ever since, the dead pedal always falls off if accidentally kicked. I could never figure out how it fit into the carpet and not move until I read your post.

Anyways, just a quick note for those who plan to reuse the old clips, I found that they would not stay on unless you bend/flatten the clips prior to putting them on again. IE, the clips bend when you put it through the back of the pedal to hold the pedal onto the carpet so you have to bend it back to its original shape so it'll be a tight hold when you put it through again (if that made any sense ). lol

Quick Reply: DIY: OEM Aluminum Sport Pedal Installation