D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: Headlight and Foglight Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:55 PM
sick6speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else have trouble even seeing the foglights while our HIDs were on? After I did a few rotations on the driver side and realized I couldn't tell a thing....I gave up. Went to the passenger side and did a few turns....blah.

This was a great and easy-to-do write up btw! THANKS!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks! Try cutting out some cardboard and taping over headlights to block the beams is an idea I have.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:54 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Man... I keep forgoting to do this. Maybe today after work.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:17 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Does anyone know if this headlight adjustment can be done with a vehicle with AFS? I tried looking for the gears, but there is no cylinder housing shown in the pictures before. I don't see an adjustment screw.

I brought it to the dealer before and they said that the vehicle cannot have the headlight adjusted and that the AFS adjusts it themselves. I call BS. I have searched everywhere for someone to show pictures of how to adjust a car with AFS but I could not find anything. Anyone please give input on this? My headlights are aimed way lower than vehicles without AFS.

I did find the adjustment for the foglights though, but it appears that there isn't a headlight adjustment screw for the AFS...Thanks for the help guys in advance!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:16 AM
NiTeHawKPwNeD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no lies, i ****ed up my adjustment lol. my left is lower than my right side.. i need to get into an empty building and do the DIY correctly
Old 09-28-2010, 05:06 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
i have afs and im certain my headlights can be adjusted. its a few inches behind the foglight adjustment screw. just like in the picture.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:52 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
The AFS headlights do have the adjustment ***** as well, but they're in a slightly different location from the non-AFS equipped housings. I have the AFS on the car and a non-AFS housing as a spare (originally to swap out the clear plastic covers as my old lights were crazing).

I have read on the FSM that for those with AFS, the adjustment needs to be done at the dealership, but so far the **** adjustments i've made have remained intact.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:23 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

I forgot to make clear in my previous post that my car is a Sedan, not a coupe. My car does not match the pictures in the second page of this post. It has the foglights integrated with the headlight. Can someone post a pic of where a sedan with AFS adjustment **** would be?
Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 PM
soundmike

I have a sedan myself. Don't have pics ATM, but you can find it on the FSM - gshack » Factory Service Manuals
Old 09-28-2010, 05:29 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Werd... I had no idea our driver side light was to be slightly lower than the passenger. I was getting irritated because I thought Nissan messed up with its alignment, guess not! lol
Old 09-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
If you guys are going to adjust your headlight that has AFS, please take a pic of the AFS headlight adjustment and e-mail me it and Ill post it up here.

Originally Posted by Wlmngtn310
Werd... I had no idea our driver side light was to be slightly lower than the passenger. I was getting irritated because I thought Nissan messed up with its alignment, guess not! lol

Yes with projectors its typical for the right cut off beam to be higher and to overlap the left cut of beam. I do mention this at the bottom of the DIY at step #6.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:31 AM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Xcalibur
If you guys are going to adjust your headlight that has AFS, please take a pic of the AFS headlight adjustment and e-mail me it and Ill post it up here.

Yes with projectors its typical for the right cut off beam to be higher and to overlap the left cut of beam. I do mention this at the bottom of the DIY at step #6.

I'm going to try adjusting my headlights with AFS on a 07 sedan...but I'll have to look for the headlight adjuster gear. I couldn't find it before, and it was not in the same location as the pictures before. If I do find the adjuster, I'll try to post pics up. Otherwise, I'm also in need of advice of where it is located.

Is there one of those tamperproof cylinder housings on the sedans with AFS? Because that would really suck if I wanted to adjust my headlights. I don't want to void the warranty until my car reaches 60k miles...
Old 09-29-2010, 01:34 PM
soundmike

Originally Posted by mathnerd88
I'm going to try adjusting my headlights with AFS on a 07 sedan...but I'll have to look for the headlight adjuster gear.
It's there, just rather deep inside. I had to use a long Philips screwdriver to reach it and properly make the turns.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:42 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Originally Posted by soundmike
It's there, just rather deep inside. I had to use a long Philips screwdriver to reach it and properly make the turns.
I think I found the adjuster. However, there is a tamper proof cover over it like what the previous poster said. I was wondering if that is the actual adjuster, because some other person told me it was for lateral adjustment, and that the vertical adjustment shouldn't have a tamper proof cover. Pleaes let me know if yours has one. Thanks in advance
Old 10-01-2010, 10:25 PM
soundmike

Here you go. Just posted some descriptive photos on my site, with links to the full-sized images. They're fairly visible and with the proper length screwdriver, pretty accessible.

gshack » G35 Sedan Headlight Adjustment **** Locations

Quick Reply: DIY: Headlight and Foglight Adjustment