D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: Easy Way to Reset ECU without battery disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 07:37 PM
Stephen Michaud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick easy video/tutorial

See video below. Its what I used.
Easy tutorial you can watch along with step by step instructions

Shrink your URLs and get paid!

Hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:01 AM
L0c0
Registered Member

2015 q60 coupe and this still worked.

thank you myg37.com
Old 04-12-2020, 11:28 AM
Freddy Junior

no, no, no, no,

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
No this was posted from the G35Driver forum (as mentioned) I do not know where it came from, most likely an old Nissan forum. I highly doubt the techs at Infiniti know how to do this..

What other ways are you thinking of? I know you probably don't know the exact steps anymore but what was involved with the other resets? I take it no more counting is involved. Anyways just curious.. If anything this process was used before any real computer with an interface could be used. Heck now we should be able to do it with our Nav systems!

Funny thing is I tried to video it today real quick before I was heading back out of town and I couldn't get it to work!! I suppose I was just going to fast since I was in a hurry. Most of the time you will mess up with the gas floor/release so yes test your counting with a stopwatch because most likely you are counting too fast, and then you will realize that and then count too slowly. I'll try again when I get home Sunday.
ecm reset procedures should only be performed after a repair has been made, especially if the system is obd2. there are adaptive strategies the ecm learns that improve performance. constantly resetting the system will cause driveability issues. leave the tech stuff to the techs and stop giving out bad advice. if you don't know what you are talking about, and you obviously don't on this issue, talk about something you know. no intention of being disrespectful, you can ask any auto engineer or manufacturer and they will tell you the same thing.

Last edited by Freddy Junior; 04-12-2020 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-12-2020, 12:19 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,251 Likes on 1,013 Posts
Originally Posted by Freddy Junior
...if you don't know what you are talking about, and you obviously don't on this issue, talk about something you know. no intention of being disrespectful...
And you found it necessary, as a new member, for your first post to quote a 12 year old comment from a long time, valued member of this forum who is a forum administrator no less? And further to challenge his knowledge base?

I, along with MANY others, have been resetting ECU's for quite a while and I have NEVER had one issue. Like any computer, smartphone, or other electronic device a simple reset/restart doesn't hurt anything.

What a way to join the forum. Oh yeah, welcome, btw.