Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help Will leatherique make new car smell go away?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Fire0nIc3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will leatherique make new car smell go away?

I bought some leatherique products a couple of months ago and just now put on the rejuvinator oil on to let it sit over night before I remove it using prestine clean and warm water to remove it. What I'm wondering is the Leatherique going to make my new car smell go away?

The Leatherique stuff stinks pretty bad and doesn't really smell like new leather, and more like a dead animal.

Before I put it on my new car smell was pretty strong and smelled like new leather. I just don't want the smell to go away and smell like that stuff.

Any help?

My ride has 27,000 miles on it and I still got my new car smell.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:46 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Shouldn't affect it. I've used rejuv oil + pristine clean, and it didn't smell like a dead animal. It was actually kind of pleasant.

I use zaino leather in a bottle now though.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Chemical Guys make a product that is supposed to restore that new leather smell. I put an order in and should have it by the end of the week.
They also have another product that is supposed to recreate that new car smell.

Shane D
Old 08-24-2010, 10:36 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
let us know. Im all out of all my detailing items and about to put an order in myself. I almost have 32k on her already
Old 08-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Fire0nIc3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhhh everybody knows Infiniti leather is just as delicate as their paint is. It creases easily, then starts to look like **** if not cared for. I've had the car for almost 5 months and the seats are starting to look dirty, oily, and creased. I've tried every single leather care on the market from Meguiars, PoorBoys, Lexol, Chemical guys, you name it.

Then I came across the Leatherique leather restoration and cleaning system. Basically you just apply the Leatherique rejuvenator oil on the seats then use a hair drier to cause a sauna effect on the leather or you can turn the heat on your seats like what I did. Doing this opens up the leather's micro pores, and let it sit on there for 24-28 hours. After that you come back with the Leatherique Prestine clean and a leather brush/terry cloth and spray and wipe on the seats to remove the rejuve:wave:nator oil. After that use a bucket of hot water and wipe all the seats down again.

Seriously this stuff is amazing! It actually removes any cracks and creases in the seats, while removing any dirt and other oily buildup while restoring it's natural oils to the leather thus further preventing any future damage. Basically after leaving it on the seats overnight it lifts dirt up within the leather. This morning when I came out I couldn't believe all the dirt it had lifted to the surface. All of it was laying on top of the seat ready to be cleaned.

I have no before pictures since it was raining on me 2 days ago, but here are some good after pictures (yes I take bad pictures):

The product:

Rear seats:

LOOK AT HOW DIRTY THE RINSE BUCKET WAS:

I forgot to mention that this stuff also brings back the plushness of the leather and cushion padding. The seats are super soft now plus it made the new car smell even stronger than it was before, the smell is overwhelming lol. Good ****:wave: