Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Infiniti Finance Payoff

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Infiniti Finance Payoff

Hi. I recently bought a CPO G37x. I intended to pay cash, but the dealer would only offer the car at a below-market price if I financed. Further, he said I had to make two payments before paying off the loan. I just got my first statement, registered online, and was able to get a pay-off amount. There was absolutely no indication of having to make two payments. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Thanks,
Myles
Old 08-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
When you say dealer, do you mean the salesman who sold you the car, or the finance/office manager who did all the paperwork? Did you ask to have a member of the dealerships management confirm that?

There is probably some sort of incentive on # of cars financed or total amount financed by period through whatever lender they use

Hopefully you didn't pay some application fee or incur some extra cost using their finance department.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:42 PM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
When you say dealer, do you mean the salesman who sold you the car, or the finance/office manager who did all the paperwork?

There is probably some sort of incentive on # of cars financed or total amount financed by period through whatever lender they use

Hopefully you didn't pay some application fee or incur some extra cost using their finance department.
This was from the finance manager. I didn't pay any fees, but obviously I'll pay a small amount in interest even if I pay it off immediately. There was absolutely nothing in writing about having to make two payments before payoff.

Thanks,
Myles
Old 08-11-2015, 09:40 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
If the deal was to pay off after 2 payments. I would wait until the 2 payments are made. After all, they need to make a little money from deal right?

But, if you don't care about families having money to put food on the table, and there is no early payoff penalty, I don't see any problems with paying it off early.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:30 PM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
car salesman are lowlife scum of the earth. they will find any shenanigan they can and pull crap out of their asses to make flowers to close the sale. ive dealt with many of lowlife ****ers while working at various dealers.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Infiniti Finance Payoff

Originally Posted by clutchfan
If the deal was to pay off after 2 payments. I would wait until the 2 payments are made. After all, they need to make a little money from deal right?

But, if you don't care about families having money to put food on the table, and there is no early payoff penalty, I don't see any problems with paying it off early.
I don't think he should feel that way, first of all its not his fault that he has a sales job that's they're problem he is not responsible for feeding them and trying to make him feel bad, if they don't like it they should find another career as bad as it sounds but that's how commission works. Just in my opinion. Not trying to bash you at all tho but I just feel op shouldn't feel bad if he's is able to pay it all off.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:17 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
Look over the paper work, if you suffer no penalties, pay the car off and be done with it.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:34 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts

And that is why you should always pay over asking price, that way those people can keep their families fed.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:45 AM
MeatySock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My family always ask why we never have money to eat, I tell them I always pay more for things and play into banks scams so the bankers/salesman/business owners familys can eat. Oh I also Discount my work so others who have familys can feed those familys... How do I become one of these other people whos family's are more important than mine?
The following users liked this post:
Tripleblack_ (08-08-2016)
Old 08-12-2015, 02:00 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by MeatySock
My family always ask why we never have money to eat, I tell them I always pay more for things and play into banks scams so the bankers/salesman/business owners familys can eat. Oh I also Discount my work so others who have familys can feed those familys... How do I become one of these other people whos family's are more important than mine?
Instead of being the buyer, you need to become the seller. Then everything will fall into place with people putting food on your table for you.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:09 AM
User 122320
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ricio1991
I don't think he should feel that way, first of all its not his fault that he has a sales job that's they're problem he is not responsible for feeding them and trying to make him feel bad, if they don't like it they should find another career as bad as it sounds but that's how commission works. Just in my opinion. Not trying to bash you at all tho but I just feel op shouldn't feel bad if he's is able to pay it all off.

No, just saying that if the negotiation involved a great deal but he was required to make 2 payments. Why not just do that?

And by no means should am I saying you pay MSRP....
Old 08-12-2015, 06:50 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts

And this, coming from the guy who wanted, what was it, $4000-8000 off invoice price because a new Q60 incurred $2000 damage on the dealership lot

Old 08-12-2015, 12:03 PM
GeezerB
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
This thread is worthless.
Call the finance company for a payoff. Mention the 2 payment minimum. Listen for the laughter then cut them a check.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:31 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
And this, coming from the guy who wanted, what was it, $4000-8000 off invoice price because a new Q60 incurred $2000 damage on the dealership lot

That seems more than fair. A 9 year old design with prior damages that exceeds $1,500 and must be reported to the DMV. And a car with more than 80 miles on the odo.

I mean, imagine if I drove a brand new Q60 off the lot. How much would the car depreciate w/o even being in an accident.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:45 PM
kilya

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My .02 is that.... If they got you a great deal for the cost of $100 bucks in interest over the first to months for the dealership to earn some bonus, why not just wait two months.

If I walked in had a cash offer of 30k and the guy came back and said ill give it to you for 28k but you have to finance it and pay two months before pay off, I would be all over that deal. This is assuming there aren't any additional penalties added by financing the car.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Finance Payoff