Canada Serving Canada.

Need Advice/ Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:25 AM
SakuShI-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Advice/ Suggestion

Hey Folks,
Not sure what I was thinking earlier, I went to to Guelph Infiniti and pull the trigger on a 09 G37 Coupe. Im currently still driving my 06 G35 coupe which has about 7 months to go. After much thought, I didnt think I made the right decission because its winter (sucks to drive ur new car in the snow/salt) and theres a penalty for turning the car in early and the deal I got was hmmmm lets just say not so great because of our ongoing market situation. Now, I have left a $3000 deposit and have signed some legal papers, car is due to be picked up next month. What are my options ? Can I back out at all. Ideally I'd like to wait till my current lease expires as Im in no rush. What should I do?
Old 01-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Oggie

Ask Guelph if they would hold onto your deposit for 5-6 months when you are ready to proceed. Some dealers are good about this. The sooner you tell them, the better. The worse case is you have a new car in a month; otherwise, in 5-6 months.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:31 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Can they really force it on you even though you signed the papers? I mean you didn't take delivery yet.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:14 PM
SakuShI-G

Originally Posted by Oggie
Ask Guelph if they would hold onto your deposit for 5-6 months when you are ready to proceed. Some dealers are good about this. The sooner you tell them, the better. The worse case is you have a new car in a month; otherwise, in 5-6 months.
Yup I did that, waiting for the manager to draft a letter, but this guarantees that the car has to be bought from them and the same deal does not apply, they will have to work out a new deal based on what is being offered at that time. Now, What Im worried about is what if the time comes and they do not work out any sort of deal for me ?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:16 PM
SakuShI-G

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
Can they really force it on you even though you signed the papers? I mean you didn't take delivery yet.

Not sure, thats is what I am asking everyone. Im not sure if theres a loophole in this some where. Something like if you have a bad credit or loose your job, I wonder if they will have no choice but to cancel the deal.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Oggie

In terms of discounts, the dealer will at most give you the same discount as the current deal. Rates could be higher or lower depending on when you decide to purchase. However, if the factory provides dealer incentive program like last year, you should be entitled to them as well. Just confirm with the Business Manager.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:13 PM
SakuShI-G

Originally Posted by Oggie
In terms of discounts, the dealer will at most give you the same discount as the current deal. Rates could be higher or lower depending on when you decide to purchase. However, if the factory provides dealer incentive program like last year, you should be entitled to them as well. Just confirm with the Business Manager.
Hey Oggie,
Yup Confirmed it, basically they will work out whatever future offer is. And the Sales rep will continue to contact me incase theres any aggresive promo in light of selling the vehicle. These guys are not too bad.. pretty reasonable I guess. I think so atleast.. will wait till I actually take delivery of the new G... If they treat me right they will have my business for good.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Blario

you would have to check with the dealerships policy on down payments....some dealerships have a non refundable policy, others will give it back if you decide to back out. However, if you did a factory order or a dealer locate, you will be on the hook as the dealer had to pay to get it to you (as opposed to having it in stock).