Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Recent Prices Paid

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Kb Cool
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by MetsFan
I never actually met with the finance guy. I don't know what the interest rates are or even what the payments are yet. Unfortunately I was in a hurry to get home because my wife had a meeting so I was rushing through everything. I really should have left without signing anything, but it seemed like a good deal and I didn't want to lose the car.

The price is predicated on me using IFS for financing per the price sheet I signed so I don't think I can bring my own financing. I'll see what happens when I meet with the finance guy.

Thanks for the replies.
I think you'll be alright! Enjoy your low mileage, almost brand new car!
Old 04-20-2016, 01:13 PM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
Hey guys, 1st time poster here. I'll post in the intro section after I pick up my new car.

I just put a deposit down on a CPO black on black 2013 G37x sedan AT with Nav and Premium packages with 10K miles. The original listed price was $27.8K, but it's been sitting on the lot for over 60 days, so after watching the price drop over time, I got it for $24K. They also gave me $600 more than what Carmax offered on my car, so I think I did ok.

The car looks brand new. The only blemish is a small ding, which the sales guy said they would take care of.

I think I might have signed my life away on financing though. They added their own financing to the price sheet. The problem is that I don't know what the interest rate is yet. He said it would be nice if I kept their loan for at least 6 months so they can get paid, but also said that technically, I could refinance right away although they wouldn't be very happy. Has anyone else had this experience?

edit: the website does say online pricing is only available with financing through IFS at standard rates.
They wouldn't be happy? LOL who cares....you will never talk or see that salesrep again...thats the way they work. They try to rape you act like your friend and once you negotiate or purchase your dead to them...and thats the way you should be too.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:38 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by G37sGraphite
They wouldn't be happy? LOL who cares....you will never talk or see that salesrep again...thats the way they work. They try to rape you act like your friend and once you negotiate or purchase your dead to them...and thats the way you should be too.
Another thing he mentioned is there is a door ding they promised to fix. Get it written down on a "We Owe" sheet before signing, or else, good luck. After you're dead to them they tend to forget about those empty promises, especially when they cost money.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:09 PM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
I completely disagree with this. 6MT sedans are rare and the dealer knows this. I bought 2 of them in the last 4 months (traded in my 09 a month after purchase when I found a '13). both dealers said it takes the right person to buy one but they are always very happy to find it and therefore will pay what they ask for hence little to no wiggle room. I paid $27,700 for my moonlight white 6MT Sedan 2 months ago. CPO with 26k miles. has every package possible and warranty out to 120k miles, + GAP added another $2800. worth every penny. I could not possibly be happier. having driven the paddle shift variant of this car, I can't imagine being happy with anything other than a true clutch.

Originally Posted by kickintheglass
$28k is asking a bit too much, and they probably won't lower it by much if you offer a trade-in (which you lose out on too). If you can't find any others in the area, I suggest looking through the classifieds or give the dealer incremental offers over the course of the next couple months, reminding the dealer that they'll probably sell this for a few thousand below market value once the Q60 is released.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:16 AM
rm2342

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
I am looking nationally for 6mt sedan. I've had an 11 7AT which I love the looks of(slightly modded) but want a stick again.

Anyone know how out of state buying process works assuming unseen? fee's taxes(which state) etc?
Old 04-25-2016, 05:36 PM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by rm2342
I am looking nationally for 6mt sedan. I've had an 11 7AT which I love the looks of(slightly modded) but want a stick again.

Anyone know how out of state buying process works assuming unseen? fee's taxes(which state) etc?
Refer to the DMV guide when in doubt. Taxes should be paid to the state in which you register the car. If it's a private party, just agree to a lower stated price because of "engine or transmission issues" so there's a smaller tax burden

Massachusetts Car Buying & Selling FAQ | DMV.org
The following users liked this post:
rm2342 (04-27-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 09:54 AM
MetsFan
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
At least in MA, the taxes you pay goes by the car's value, not by what you paid for it. The value is determined by the state.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:11 AM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

At least in MA, the taxes you pay goes by the car's value, not by what you paid for it. The value is determined by the state.
What a shame, I'm in NJ and got away with a $10k valuation on a $20k purchase. Saved $700 in sales tax
Old 04-26-2016, 11:35 AM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryne
Another thing he mentioned is there is a door ding they promised to fix. Get it written down on a "We Owe" sheet before signing, or else, good luck. After you're dead to them they tend to forget about those empty promises, especially when they cost money.

Truth ....I had some road rash on a wheel of a car I purchased long ago and they promised to fix. Never fixed it...sales terd acted like he never promised it....Good advice Ryne!
Ryne (04-26-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 04:29 PM
MetsFan
Registered Member

^^ I didn't get it in writing but I know a couple of people there know about it. Hopefully they remember to fix it. I'll see once I pick up the car tomorrow.

I need to stop looking at Autotrader. I just saw they dropped the price on a 2015 Q40 with the same mileage and packages as the '13 G I just bought and only $1K more. My only consolation is that I did save $1K and I get a couple of extra features. On the other hand, the resale value on that Q might have been better.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:48 PM
Kb Cool
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
^^ I didn't get it in writing but I know a couple of people there know about it. Hopefully they remember to fix it. I'll see once I pick up the car tomorrow.

I need to stop looking at Autotrader. I just saw they dropped the price on a 2015 Q40 with the same mileage and packages as the '13 G I just bought and only $1K more. My only consolation is that I did save $1K and I get a couple of extra features. On the other hand, the resale value on that Q might have been better.
The Q40 is missing some stuff like power tilt and telescoping steering wheel and also memory seats. But, i'm sure you knew that after i reread your post above! What was the final outcome on your car. Did they screw on the interest rate?

Last edited by Kb Cool; 04-27-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:00 PM
MetsFan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kb Cool
The Q40 is missing some stuff like power tilt and telescoping steering wheel and also memory seats. But, i'm sure you knew that after i reread your post above! What was the final outcome on your car. Did they screw on the interest rate?
Oh yeah, I forgot about the memory seats. I could only think of the sonar and power tilt.

They ended up giving me 5.4% APR with a 72 month payoff. They also forgot to include my deposit in the paperwork so they have to give me a refund on that. It's not terrible, but I should be able to get around 3% elsewhere.
Kb Cool (04-27-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 05:04 PM
GeezerB
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot about the memory seats. I could only think of the sonar and power tilt.

They ended up giving me 5.4% APR with a 72 month payoff. They also forgot to include my deposit in the paperwork so they have to give me a refund on that. It's not terrible, but I should be able to get around 3% elsewhere.
Ouch. Now they will get finance charge on your deposit. I got 1.9% 48 months.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:27 AM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

They ended up giving me 5.4% APR with a 72 month payoff.
5.4% is ridiculous these days. You can get a home loan for 3.5%.
If you didn't sign any financing paperwork with the stated quote, go back to them and say that you're going to finance elsewhere. If you signed it and they just filled in the rate, say that they could get sued for non-disclosure.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:14 AM
MetsFan
Registered Member

Oh it's all signed already. Not much I can do other than refinance soon.

Quick Reply: Recent Prices Paid