Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Recent Prices Paid

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 11:20 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by dagger
Damn that was my plan! He beat me to it !!

This is going to be my first purchase by the way! Got any tips on how to go about this whole process? I researched a lot and have gathered lots of insight and advice thanks to you guys!!! I just feel like once it comes to the negotiation I will mess up or not know the best way to go about it. I will try to obtain more service reports and history about the car, test drive it, take it to a mechanic for PPI, and then negotiate a deal. Since I don't know every single part of the car, and I was never really a car guy, I feel like it would be hard to negotiate with a salesman compared to someone who has more knowledge or a car expert. Or is that what the mechanic and PPI is for? I definitely like the car a lot though and idk if I am willing to wait for prices to drop as a previous user had said. I just hope this car doesn't escape! too anxious! and exciting at the same time:drivin gdrivingbowroflbowrofleek3eek3icon17 icon17confused2confused2:
Be prepared to say no, negotiate depending on the outcome of the inspection, tell them that you are pre qualified like I said got get pre approved at a bank and use that to your advantage and tell them you want to have to this price out the door, I would go 1k lower than asking price maybe 1500 out the door. If the car is in good condition which it seems it is I'm sure they won't let it go under 22k out the door or maybe 23k. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
dagger (04-16-2016)
Old 04-16-2016, 11:24 PM
dagger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricio1991
Be prepared to say no, negotiate depending on the outcome of the inspection, tell them that you are pre qualified like I said got get pre approved at a bank and use that to your advantage and tell them you want to have to this price out the door, I would go 1k lower than asking price maybe 1500 out the door. If the car is in good condition which it seems it is I'm sure they won't let it go under 22k out the door or maybe 23k. Good luck!
Yeah I will go get my loan preapproved. I should borrow 20k right? I saved so far 3500 for the down payment and will probably be able to get up to 4k+. Thanks for the tips bro I will make sure to do these! appreciate it as always.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:34 PM
dagger

Also isn't it bad that the car was sold at an auction? Thats what my dad is telling me but maybe he is just stuck in the past. He told me don't get a car that was sold at an auction but most of the cars I've researched were sold at auctions as leased vehicles..
Old 04-16-2016, 11:49 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Also isn't it bad that the car was sold at an auction? Thats what my dad is telling me but maybe he is just stuck in the past. He told me don't get a car that was sold at an auction but most of the cars I've researched were sold at auctions as leased vehicles..
No it's not bad most dealers buy cars from auctions. My G was bought at a auction in California and was in perfect condition. You shouldn't have to worry about that
Old 04-17-2016, 12:22 AM
dagger

No it's not bad most dealers buy cars from auctions. My G was bought at a auction in California and was in perfect condition. You shouldn't have to worry about that
Actually I talked it over with my dad and he made a good point to don't waste time. It's from the south and it probably was in a flood. I'll just go with cpo
Old 04-17-2016, 04:16 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Actually I talked it over with my dad and he made a good point to don't waste time. It's from the south and it probably was in a flood. I'll just go with cpo
That might be why it has been sitting for so long good luck on your search
Old 04-17-2016, 08:57 AM
dagger

That might be why it has been the sitting for so long good luck on your search
Thanks. I guess I'll go with cpo awd sport unless I find a rwd sport.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:13 PM
J.Tilley

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just bought a '13 Coupe w/ sunroof, Bose, automatic trans, and 20,172 miles on the odometer. Paid $24,500 out the door.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:39 PM
MetsFan
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys, 1st time poster here. I'll post in the intro section after I pick up my new car.

I just put a deposit down on a CPO black on black 2013 G37x sedan AT with Nav and Premium packages with 10K miles. The original listed price was $27.8K, but it's been sitting on the lot for over 60 days, so after watching the price drop over time, I got it for $24K. They also gave me $600 more than what Carmax offered on my car, so I think I did ok.

The car looks brand new. The only blemish is a small ding, which the sales guy said they would take care of.

I think I might have signed my life away on financing though. They added their own financing to the price sheet. The problem is that I don't know what the interest rate is yet. He said it would be nice if I kept their loan for at least 6 months so they can get paid, but also said that technically, I could refinance right away although they wouldn't be very happy. Has anyone else had this experience?

edit: the website does say online pricing is only available with financing through IFS at standard rates.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:30 AM
Kb Cool
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Sounds like you got a nice car! But, without knowing your interest rate. How would you know what your monthly payment is? Serious, was the dealership almost closed or did they give you a monthly payment amount and maybe they are going to shop you around for a better rate?
Old 04-20-2016, 01:34 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MetsFan
Hey guys, 1st time poster here. I'll post in the intro section after I pick up my new car.

I just put a deposit down on a CPO black on black 2013 G37x sedan AT with Nav and Premium packages with 10K miles. The original listed price was $27.8K, but it's been sitting on the lot for over 60 days, so after watching the price drop over time, I got it for $24K. They also gave me $600 more than what Carmax offered on my car, so I think I did ok.

The car looks brand new. The only blemish is a small ding, which the sales guy said they would take care of.

I think I might have signed my life away on financing though. They added their own financing to the price sheet. The problem is that I don't know what the interest rate is yet. He said it would be nice if I kept their loan for at least 6 months so they can get paid, but also said that technically, I could refinance right away although they wouldn't be very happy. Has anyone else had this experience?

edit: the website does say online pricing is only available with financing through IFS at standard rates.
The important thing is the interest rate you got it at, that will determine if it's worth refinancing with a credit union. Most of the time credit union have the best rates. I would look into what interest rate they offer vs the dealer, after signing price isn't going to change if you finance somewhere else
Old 04-20-2016, 08:48 AM
MetsFan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kb Cool
Sounds like you got a nice car! But, without knowing your interest rate. How would you know what your monthly payment is? Serious, was the dealership almost closed or did they give you a monthly payment amount and maybe they are going to shop you around for a better rate?
I never actually met with the finance guy. I don't know what the interest rates are or even what the payments are yet. Unfortunately I was in a hurry to get home because my wife had a meeting so I was rushing through everything. I really should have left without signing anything, but it seemed like a good deal and I didn't want to lose the car.

The important thing is the interest rate you got it at, that will determine if it's worth refinancing with a credit union. Most of the time credit union have the best rates. I would look into what interest rate they offer vs the dealer, after signing price isn't going to change if you finance somewhere else
The price is predicated on me using IFS for financing per the price sheet I signed so I don't think I can bring my own financing. I'll see what happens when I meet with the finance guy.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

I never actually met with the finance guy. I don't know what the interest rates are or even what the payments are yet. Unfortunately I was in a hurry to get home because my wife had a meeting so I was rushing through everything. I really should have left without signing anything, but it seemed like a good deal and I didn't want to lose the car.The price is predicated on me using IFS for financing per the price sheet I signed so I don't think I can bring my own financing. I'll see what happens when I meet with the finance guy.

Thanks for the replies.
I meant after you close the deal, let's say when you finance with them the interest rate is high you can refinance right away after the deal is closed not before. Get your pricing and then compare interest rates because once you sign the price is set and the bank can payoff your loan.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:51 AM
MetsFan
Registered Member

I meant after you close the deal, let's say when you finance with them the interest rate is high you can refinance right away after the deal is closed not before. Get your pricing and then compare interest rates because once you sign the price is set and the bank can payoff your loan.
Gotcha, thanks. I'll shop around and see what I can get.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:14 AM
infamous84
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gotcha, thanks. I'll shop around and see what I can get.
check penfed they usually have good rates

https://www.penfed.org/ and
https://www.dcu.org/

Quick Reply: Recent Prices Paid