Build Threads

BHunts build is on!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 11:13 PM
BHunts

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
Not feeling the wheels but the chrome definitely had to die a fiery death.
Originally Posted by steve_ipl
I'm with the others, not feeling the wheels either.
Other than that awesome car man, especially that SC
Ouch! No love on the wheels huh? lol.. that's ok because I prefer originality and everyone is entitled to their own opinion so hate away people, I will still play nice in the sandbox
Originally Posted by blnewt
lol^^^
Looking good, definitely a unique new wheel set that you picked out, what tires are you running to keep that extra hp on the road?
The tires are Lexani LX6 and honestly they suck! Can't get traction in the wet and it's hard for them to even stay planted in the dry. It makes the car fun being able to kick it sideways whenever I want (and sometimes when I don't) and the tires that were on those chrome rims were only Delinte Thunder D7 so I'm not sure if they were actually that much better or if it was the weight of the rims that made it so much harder to spin out.. lol. Will most likely use them over the summer and then dump them for something useful.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 12:06 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by BHunts
Ouch! No love on the wheels huh? lol.. that's ok because I prefer originality and everyone is entitled to their own opinion so hate away people, I will still play nice in the sandbox

The tires are Lexani LX6 and honestly they suck! Can't get traction in the wet and it's hard for them to even stay planted in the dry. It makes the car fun being able to kick it sideways whenever I want (and sometimes when I don't) and the tires that were on those chrome rims were only Delinte Thunder D7 so I'm not sure if they were actually that much better or if it was the weight of the rims that made it so much harder to spin out.. lol. Will most likely use them over the summer and then dump them for something useful.
Ewww, yeah, I'd dump those tires ASAP, you & your G deserves better for sure!
Old 04-14-2017, 02:36 PM
BHunts

Posted update. Check out #4 for new info. Got a bit of work done this morning. Will post up some pics with progress when I get back at it later. Wifey had to go out for a while so I am stuck inside the house watching my little 1yr old. Wish I could put a wrench in his hand and have him help me but he just likes hitting this at this point.. lol
Old 04-14-2017, 09:43 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice updates, look forward to all the install info along the way, quite a bit on your plate right now, should be beastly when done.
G/L
Old 04-15-2017, 09:23 PM
BHunts

Torn apart

Well I managed to get a lot of work done today.

The Frozenboost IC and relocating the oil cooler I actually took care of last week so that task had already been done which was nice because I would still be putting it back together if I had to start that this weekend. Still have to mount the tranny cooler over on the passenger side. Just need to extend the lines a bit to make that happen.

Sorry I didn't manage to get any pics up until I had the Stillen manifold off but I was on a mission and didn't even think about getting my phone out once to snap some progress photos. But as you can see I have the ports coverd by a thick plastic bag and re-inserted the bolts to keep it tight and secure so nothing has the potential to get in there that shouldn't. I have also taped and labeled everything so matching it back up will be a breeze when it comes to plugging it back together.

I will tell you one thing, that Stillen manifold is one of the biggest pains in the a$$ I have ever had to deal with and that's including removing the stock cats.. lol. The wrench supplied by Stillen to get at the 3 bolts under the manifold is inadequate at best. It doesn't have the right angle in it to allow the box end to sit on the bolt head properly to get a good enough bite to turn it without either slipping off or slightly stripping the bolt. I had to try heating the wrench to bend it a bit more to allow it to properly sit on the bolt. Didn't have a torch so I tried the stove top.. not soo good of an idea. Was able to bend the middle a little more but couldn't get the end where it was thicker and the more important spot to accomplish my goal. After wasting enough time on the wrench I went back to trying my luck at the bolts under the manifold. Still no luck and with my frustration growing by every minute I ended up undoing all the other bolts on the manifold as well as the drivers side fuel rail then grabbed a pry bar and moved the damn thing over enough to clear the bolts and remove it. Think I will need to get a blowtorch and correct the angle of the wrench in order to secure the manifold back on properly

Other things I did was get the blower off, remove the fuel pump and take off the oil pan. Gotta figure out how to remove the impeller now to install the new one from superchargerrebuild.com that has better low and mid end with a good top but not as good as the 928 motorsports. Thats ok, I want more low-mid anyways. The oil pan I had to remove because I have an AAM pan spacer to put in. Looking forward to the added benefits of another quart of oil.

After dealing with all that I decided to drain my rad so I could install my blue Samco hoses. Have had them for almost a year and never had the time to get to it so it felt good to actually have them on even though it is probably the least effective upgrade that is happening to Lexi at this point. But it's nice to get the engine bay looking nice. As a matter of fact while I have it at this stage I am going to try tidying up the wiring. I am definately going to add a catch can to the passenger side to help unclutter the way the Stillen kit plugs up the drivers side pretty well. Also going to do a TB coolant delete and add a couple breather filters on the valve covers to help remove a couple unneeded hoses as well. That should simplify things enough to make it look a little cleaner under the hood.

So that's about it for today. Will hopefully update with some more progress again tomorrow. Cheers fellas
Attached Thumbnails BHunts build is on!!-20170415_135108.jpg   BHunts build is on!!-20170415_135049.jpg   BHunts build is on!!-20170415_135125.jpg   BHunts build is on!!-20170415_141042.jpg   BHunts build is on!!-20170415_164629.jpg  

BHunts build is on!!-20170415_163927.jpg