Build Threads

BHunts build is on!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 09:12 PM
BHunts

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
BHunts build is on!!

Hello my fellow G owners/lovers! I joined this site a few weeks ago and let everyone know that I was installing a Stillen supercharger to my 2012 IPL. I have added no other bolt ons to this yet as I was curious to see what it would produce as is.

I must tell you that there was an issue with getting my G started after the install of the supercharger. This was due to the fact that I had tried to get the shop prepared for the ECU flash afterwords so I called up the local Infiniti dealer and gave them my VIN # so that they could give me the ECU # in return. Apparently they gave me a generic number and the ROM file that was sent by Stillen wouldn't allow my baby to fire up. This obviously wasn't a screw up on Stillens part because they could only work with what they were given. On the other hand, instead of just plugging my car in and getting the proper ECU # themselves, the shop where my car was at decided to explore every other option first. Also, the head tuner for Stillen was on holidays for the next 2 weeks and the contact that the had for UpRev was away sick as well so they couldn't get steered in the right direction. I chose this shop because they were Stillen certified and I had assumed that they knew about tuning G's since I knew they worked on another one with a supercharger there. Well after they had exhuasted all other option they contacted another shop (which was only 2 blocks from my house as opposed to all they way across town like the other one) that specializes in Nissan/Infiniti and UpRev. The tuner there sent them a ROM file that allowed my girl to fire up first try!!

Finally!! After 2 weeks of my car being away from my possession I finally had her back . I have learned not to trust just anyone that may be certified by Stillen because that only means that they can order their product and might not actually know very much about it (not going to let that one happen again). Another thing that was unfortunate is I had a lightweight Unorthodox pulley I wanted installed with the supercharger and the shop that was handling that "didn't have the tool" to do it. They said they called around looking for it but were unable to track one down. I figured that was a red flag right there but my G was already in pieces and my first priority was to get the supercharger installed anyways.

So once I did get her back the shifting was all wrong and it was having trouble starting so I really wanted to get a proper tune done to make sure everything was proper with Sexy Lexi . Funny thing is, I called the only Osiris Pro Tuner shop in British Columbia (oh ya, I'm Canadian ) and it just happened to be the same shop that the last one called to have the ROM file dealt with. When I started talking with the tuner he knew my car and exactly what I was going through so I booked a dyno tune with him and also had them install my lightweight pulley. I am so glad I went to them because within minutes of them starting to work on it they noticed a boost leak and traced it back to the seal for one of the injectors. Needless to say they fixed up my G right and gained just over 20hp from the dyno.

I have also installed 7000k headlights and fog lights with LED city lights too. I have also installed a ground kit just to be safe. I should also add that I added the oil cooler and transmission cooler (yes it is a 7at) from Stillen installed with the supercharger. I have added a few pics as a start to this thread. I am going to be following up with my dyno charts and maybe a video. I am extremely happy with how my G performs now and am looking forward to add to her. Stay tuned and I will keep updating as I save money and add more mods

Stay sexy and have fun,

BHunts.
Attached Thumbnails BHunts build is on!!-img_0143.jpg   BHunts build is on!!-img_0155.jpg   BHunts build is on!!-img_0165.jpg  
Old 01-31-2016, 09:30 PM
BHunts

Old 01-31-2016, 09:43 PM
BHunts

So I managed to save up a little bit of pocket change (lol) and made a few more changes to Lexi.

#1. If there is one thing that bugs met the most about our beautiful rides is the atrocious amount of wheel gap that comes stock. I have been searching relentlessly for which setup would suit me best and wasn't sure if I would be happy with whatever drop a set of lowering springs would give me and didn't want to settle for a cheaper brand of coil overs either but I do have a bit of a budget to work with so lucky for me a gently used set of KW V3's came up for sale locally and I pulled the trigger immediately on them. Only issue now was the issue with my rims and tires that I knew weren't going to be staying on Lexi and I didn't want to install and setup the coilovers onto something that wasn't going to be a permanent which brings me to the next mod.

#2. Those god awful heavy *** chrome rims just had to go! I wasn't in any rush to look for new wheels for my whip since the rubber on them were in almost new condition but since I was now about to drop my ride I needed to get myself some proper shoes to go out and play with the bigger kids..lol. I was keeping an eye on package deals for the last little while anyways so I kind of had a jump on the search anyways. I had come across a nice set of 19's but they were a 255/295 stagger and I wasn't up for rolling my fenders or doing much trimming either so I gave up on the idea of those and quickly after came by something that caught my eye and was kind of a little different from the style that most G owners seem to go with. They seem to make it more of a muscle/sporty look and since it's a G it still maintains the elegance and style that we all love about them, so to me it creates the best of both worlds. The owner of the shop let me have them for a smokin deal which made it a no brainer for me. They are Gianelle (made by Giavana) Puerto's 20x8.5 +35 and 20x10 +40 wrapped in 245/35 and 285/30.

#3. This one I actually had done right after I brought Lexi home. I had a friend of mine at a home & car audio shop install a DSP (digital sound processor) which allows for a pre-out to hook up an amp and sub. Needles to say he hooked me up with a deal and designed a custom box sunken into the trunk itself which means that I had to remove the donut in the trunk which I saw as being worth waiting for a tow truck instead of changing a stinking tire on the side of the road by myself. The sub is a 12" 1200w Hertz with a mono 1000w Hertz digital amp. Let me tell you, I used to have 3 10" Kenwood subs along with 4 4.5" mids and 2 tweeters powered by 2 600w Kenwood amps and this Bose system with the added sub and amp BLOWS my old one out of the water.

Well that's where I'm at with my mods now and I think next on the list (in no particular order) is ART pipes, CBE, sway bars and tint. Thanks everyone for checking out my latest additions and I will be sure to keep you posted as the saga continues!

Last edited by BHunts; 03-13-2016 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Update to car mods
Old 01-31-2016, 09:43 PM
BHunts

APRIL 14, 2017

Well it's been over a year since I have posted anything about my progress so I figured I would share what I have been up to. I haven't been able to get any time to work on my Lexi since it was my DD but I have recently picked up another vehicle so the G is off the road and about to get the new goodies installed.

I have been busy gathering up pieces over the year to upgrade the Stillen kit and add some serious power. It started with wanting to get the Frozen Boost intercooler. With all the research I did on making the Stillen kit more reliable I came across an idea I had been thinking of for a while. Simply remove the intake pipe to the blower and add a filter directly to the unit then move the MAF sensors from intake to the charge pipe into the manifold which will allow for proper AIT's. So with the ease of that modification I decided to start collecting the bits to add more power at the same time as making this change to the kit.

Here is what I have ready to install:
CJM S1.SE fuel system
ID 1000 injetors
Walbro 450 pump
SI impeller upgrade
9psi pulley
Flex fuel sensor
Frozen Boost IC
EcuTek cable & license
Specialty Z MAP sensor kit (for SD tuning)
Greddy FV(floating valve) BOV
K&N air filter (to mount directly to the blower)
MD ART pipes
GT Spec strut bar

I think that I have included most everything I have acquired so far. I am doing the work myself so I will take some pics and add them to my progress as I go. My plan is to keep the W/A set up the Stillen kit uses at this time. If it turns out that I can't make it reliable doing this mod then I will end up getting Top's A/A kit but that will have to wait until next year since I have pretty well spent (or still spending) this years budget.

I am also picking up a FI non resonated CBE from a friend that is putting his G up for sale in a month. Can't wait for that one! I am also having Seb do the tuning. I am a part of the group tune he is doing in Edmonton, Canada. Already paid my deposit that pays for his flight and hotel plus my dyno time. I will be having him do my flex fuel tune there so I can run Lexi on corn (E85).

Well there it is peeps! I will keep you posted

Last edited by BHunts; 04-14-2017 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Update
Old 01-31-2016, 09:44 PM
BHunts

Reserved for future #3
Old 01-31-2016, 10:01 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Looking forward to your progress!
Old 01-31-2016, 10:29 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Nest bhuntsmod, take wheels off and burn them.
The following users liked this post:
kevinmward (02-02-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 10:41 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Great to hear you have Lexi sorted out and you're at a happy place. That's a great start, look forward to seeing more! Sorry to hear of the issues along the way, but going SC never seems to be without some roadblocks. Sounds like you've done your homework w/ the coolers and the tuning and found a shop you can trust.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:09 AM
BHunts

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Lol.. don't know if that is the next thing on my list but yes I will eventually be dumping those rims. Will be looking for some 20" Vossen or Stance wheels when I get around to it. Thanks for your concern
Old 02-02-2016, 12:15 AM
stevo4756
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Nice setup so far! Keep us updated on that supercharger.

I'm on the fence about adding a supercharger to my daily driver.

Can't wait to see dyno #s...
Old 02-02-2016, 11:37 PM
BHunts

Dyno

Green line is my boost , dotted is base line and solid is final. Finished with 386 WHP / 300 WTQ and 9.4lbs of boost. Keep in mind this is an all stock IPL with nothing but a light weight pulley and the supercharger. I am extremely satisfied with the way she runs. Can't wait to see what some headers and a cat back will do
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
IMG_20160202_0001.pdf (547.1 KB, 107 views)
File Type: pdf
IMG_20160202_0002.pdf (618.8 KB, 140 views)
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (02-03-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 01:27 AM
BHunts

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Can you see that off in the distance there.. the smoke coming up over the horizon? Those would be my wheels because I took your advice and lit those ****ers on fire!!! lol
Old 03-14-2016, 08:44 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
lol^^^
Looking good, definitely a unique new wheel set that you picked out, what tires are you running to keep that extra hp on the road?
Old 03-14-2016, 09:32 AM
VenomGT9
Registered Member

Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts
Not feeling the wheels but the chrome definitely had to die a fiery death.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:59 PM
steve_ipl

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm with the others, not feeling the wheels either.

Other than that awesome car man, especially that SC

Quick Reply: BHunts build is on!!