Build Threads

The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 01:57 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
I hope these Moog end links hold up. I called another distributor before I ordered and asked about the durability and he said they were better than stock and more "heavy duty." Right on the box it states that the end links are not designed to work with any type of lowered suspension or competition use. Well that is just super since the car is lowered and the whole point of these is to be used on the track. As a result, it may be a while before I post up a review regarding durability.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:48 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I hope these Moog end links hold up. I called another distributor before I ordered and asked about the durability and he said they were better than stock and more "heavy duty." Right on the box it states that the end links are not designed to work with any type of lowered suspension or competition use. Well that is just super since the car is lowered and the whole point of these is to be used on the track. As a result, it may be a while before I post up a review regarding durability.
I think they say it as a disclaimer so a dude in a slammed civic can't blame their product.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:09 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MaQG37
I think they say it as a disclaimer so a dude in a slammed civic can't blame their product.
I think you are right, but it was funny to see that printed on the box after the guy on the phone stressed how much more "heavy duty" the Moog end links are compared to stock.

On a weird side note, I tried installing them in my garage last night and quickly realized it would be much easier to do at work with a lift so I bolted the passenger side back up (the side that clunks). Now there is no noise. WTF? Not sure how long this will last. The nuts were definitely not loose when I took them off. Weird
Old 04-30-2016, 02:47 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
I think you are right, but it was funny to see that printed on the box after the guy on the phone stressed how much more "heavy duty" the Moog end links are compared to stock.

On a weird side note, I tried installing them in my garage last night and quickly realized it would be much easier to do at work with a lift so I bolted the passenger side back up (the side that clunks). Now there is no noise. WTF? Not sure how long this will last. The nuts were definitely not loose when I took them off. Weird
It's the same as how most aftermarket parts will have something saying 'offroad use only' or something along those lines. Just covers their own ***.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:36 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Epiphany
It's the same as how most aftermarket parts will have something saying 'offroad use only' or something along those lines. Just covers their own ***.
I get what you are saying, it was just funny that they cover their *** for their parts breaking after the rep gets done telling me they are heavy duty parts. There is no disclaimer like that on the "weaker" stock parts. I wish they had the "offroad use only" disclaimer as that would probably indicate the parts are badass and illegal to use on the street like any aftermarket exhaust parts.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:38 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

So another day in the books of driving after reinstalling the nuts on the OEM passenger end link and still no noise. This is very strange as the nuts were extremely tight to take off. My tech who did the alignment swears it was the bearing that was popping in and out and not the bolt on the endlink moving due to the nut being loose. Any ideas?
Old 05-02-2016, 01:15 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Finally had a chance to get some pics together of the new wheels and tires. Went w/ TSW Interlagos 19's and sticky Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Super strong and light rims with lots of brake caliper clearance and great handling.

Old 05-02-2016, 02:13 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Looks like perfect stance and fitment to me... even gap front to back, dropped but not slammed, flush and fitted with 19's that have a clean design. Moonlight White 6MT being the obvious connection, but you and I have very similar cars, 4DRZ. Fitted with different parts but following the same overall theme. Granted, you actually track that sedan, whereas I'm mostly a garage queen.

Blah blah blah... /respect
Old 05-02-2016, 02:53 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

Looks great man loving how classy you've kept it all. And a really nice choice on wheels.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:37 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Looks like perfect stance and fitment to me... even gap front to back, dropped but not slammed, flush and fitted with 19's that have a clean design. Moonlight White 6MT being the obvious connection, but you and I have very similar cars, 4DRZ. Fitted with different parts but following the same overall theme. Granted, you actually track that sedan, whereas I'm mostly a garage queen.

A compliment from Rochester?!? Are you feeling ok? Thanks!

Originally Posted by kennyz424

Looks great man loving how classy you've kept it all. And a really nice choice on wheels.
Thanks! Trying to keep it a bit of a sleeper. I've never had such a tough time finding strong & light wheels with the right offset that didn't break the bank and look decent. Glad that's over.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:40 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I forgot to mention something about the TSW's that is hard to see in the pictures. They have a really high polished face- almost look like chrome. The inside of the wheel and between the spokes is painted so it is a little easier to keep clean. So far they have not been too bad to keep clean.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:48 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
A compliment from Rochester?!? Are you feeling ok? Thanks!
Hey, I say nice things, too! It's a mixed bag.

I forgot to mention something about the TSW's that is hard to see in the pictures. They have a really high polished face- almost look like chrome.
A few years ago, Brad started this thread on my behalf, and reading your comment here, I was reminded that I'd noticed the exact same thing about the Interlagos.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ml#post3728863

I genuinely like the wheel for a number of reasons, but the chrome-like finish on the spokes was too much.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:31 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice choice 4D, looks factory fresh (but much better).
What offsets & tire specs are you at now?
Old 05-02-2016, 10:06 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I genuinely like the wheel for a number of reasons, but the chrome-like finish on the spokes was too much.
I think you would like the finish if you saw it in person. A nice classy high polished look just like the OEM 19" rims I had on my '05 BMW M3. Not as dull a finish as a painted wheel, but not as bling-like and heavy as full chrome plated. I could never get the full effect from pics, but very happy with them in person.

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice choice 4D, looks factory fresh (but much better).
What offsets & tire specs are you at now?
I knew I forgot something. They are 19x9 +32 with 245/40 in front and 19x9.5 +41 with 275/35 in the rear. Much larger than stock, but they actually weigh a bit less front and rear and I have a lot more brake caliper clearance (for those of you track guys).
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 12:43 AM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Gorgeous car. I have always loved TSWs style. A lot of their wheels are very classy with affordable quality. You've done a great job and I love the theme here

Quick Reply: The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan