Deelow's G37 Sedan Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 06:50 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by rm2342
Isn't this the truth..

My wife gets a kitchen but if I mod my car, its a travesty...
True that ^^My wife gets even w/ my mod itch by getting purses for every occasion, season, color, and style out there. Pretty sad that I know how to ID Michael Kors, Louis Vuitton, Coach, Dooney & Bourke almost as easy as I can car parts
Oh well, I've got to save up twice what my BBK is going to cost since the new summer fashions are coming out, and can't be mis-matched u know
Sorry for the hijack Delow, I'm not really setting a very good example around here
Old 03-18-2014, 07:36 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
I guess we all catch it about modding. I'm responsible in my mods and cash usage....BUT.... I've found it easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
I'm responsible in my mods and cash usage....BUT....
No "BUT", just share the details of your plans, and spread them out year over year so that the expenses are reasonably balanced on an annual bases. And if at all possible, dovetail purchases around things like birthdays and xmas.

Wives love it if you solve their gift dilemma for them with a car part.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:14 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Thats what I have been doing. She still believes gifts are things she wants for me, not what I would like for myself. I'm not going to be modding much for a while anyhow. Have a ton of little to big projects in the works for my house.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:52 PM
Deelow
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
True that ^^My wife gets even w/ my mod itch by getting purses for every occasion, season, color, and style out there. Pretty sad that I know how to ID Michael Kors, Louis Vuitton, Coach, Dooney & Bourke almost as easy as I can car parts
Oh well, I've got to save up twice what my BBK is going to cost since the new summer fashions are coming out, and can't be mis-matched u know
Sorry for the hijack Delow, I'm not really setting a very good example around here
Dude it's cool with me lol. I've installed my R2C intake and as you see from the previous pics a roof spoiler. Still working on my decals, grille getting painted and the project that will take the longest my Akebono BBK. Slowly but surely! Oh and never apologize for chatting here, better here that at a hookers house....

Originally Posted by Rochester
No "BUT", just share the details of your plans, and spread them out year over year so that the expenses are reasonably balanced on an annual bases. And if at all possible, dovetail purchases around things like birthdays and xmas.

Wives love it if you solve their gift dilemma for them with a car part.
and Rochester has discovered how I got all the mods for my ride lol! While you may not have given me this advice exactly, I picked up on the hint itself.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Deelow
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kOrE
LOL, Thanks! I gotta figure it out. I don't want to thread jack so I will post up some questions in the 19" Rims on Sedan thread.

On a more relative point: Deelow, you need more pics in this thread!!!
I agree. Pics incoming this weekend I hope!

Old 03-21-2014, 08:24 AM
_Invictus

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This thread makes me want the coupe wheels even more. >_<
Old 03-21-2014, 08:45 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Perspective is everything. For example, in this picture here your car looks fantastic. From this angle, the trunk and roof spoilers, and particularly the wheels, even the little 4DSC sticker, it all comes together in a very appealing way for me. The only thing that looks like a detail of lesser quality are those awful OEM exhaust tips. And maybe those bright red tails could be very gently smoked. Nothing overboard, just a little bit of polished nightshade to set it off as unique, and not so clash-y with the black.

Originally Posted by Deelow
But in this picture, there's something awkward. Probably the big chrome grille, and the overly chrome-y, headlight lenses. That said, it still looks better (IMO) than the black sedan you're next to.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-21-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:45 PM
tchoke

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
very nice ride op, makes me want to start modding
Old 03-24-2014, 12:03 AM
Deelow
Registered Member

Definitely the lights and grille Rochester. Lol
Old 03-25-2014, 08:51 AM
PongSanity

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts
ever thought on getting the chrome trim around the windows wrapped? imo the G would look alot better.... plus it would be a nice addictive if you get the midnight grill, smoke your tail lights... and some oneighty headlights....
Old 03-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Deelow
Registered Member

Considering that and a few other items at the moment. Had to put a hold on modding for now. Got my intake installed so pics to follow soon.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:25 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Considering that and a few other items at the moment. Had to put a hold on modding for now. Got my intake installed so pics to follow soon.
Play with the grille a little before you decide. I went all black on mine and now I'm thinking I would like just a little color.

Car looks good though, nicely done
Old 04-02-2014, 12:36 AM
Deelow
Registered Member

Thanks Rex! Yeah I'm considering my options carefully. I've been considering the OEM black grille as well. Still going to take my time deciding. If my wife gets a job soon, the modding will be back full force! LOL.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:09 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
I really like mine completely blacked out (except for the damn rocks) but I want to try Color matching the outer chrome and leaving the center chrome with the black mt Fuji. I think I'll like that. Guess we'll see.

I like the midnight grille there's just something about that outer ring if chrome that I'm not crazy about on the black cars. At the same time, I seem to be chrome averse... I'm still liking that roof spoiler, I really need to get mine painted and installed too.
The following users liked this post:
Deelow (04-03-2014)

Quick Reply: Deelow's G37 Sedan Build Thread