Build Threads

My Mod + Dyno Log

Old 12-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
Don't forget a pulley swap, drive shaft switch, and light wheels.
...and lightweight tires, rotors, flywheel, etc.

That's weight reduction of a very particular type, where the weight is a component of the power-train and not just sitting on the suspension. But yes, unsprung weight reduction is a valid power mod.

However, everything is open to compromise, and I'm keeping my big rotors.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:50 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
subscribed.....alfred..any other plans on mods besides cai and the hfc? I would assume cbe would be next?
Yes. Still deciding on which. I want something quiet so ark or fast intentions (but i dont think i can wait 3 months for build)

Originally Posted by Rochester
...after which, maybe the Motordyne M37 Intake Manifold before a tune? Other than 4.083 gears, and weight reduction, doesn't that pretty much wrap up NA power mods? Intake + UIM + HFC + CB + Tune =
Intake manifold (maybe) and definetely tune. Not sure about the gears yet.

Don't forget a pulley swap, drive shaft switch, and light wheels.
Light wheels yes. Not sure about other ones.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
Light wheels yes.
Pretty sure a set of 18" Enkei RPF1 would make me smile, at only 17 and 19 lbs staggered, with fitment over the BBK and the ability to simply swap my PSS tires. I just can't get over the blandness.

Like I said earlier... compromises.

but i dont think i can wait 3 months for build
3 months? LOL That's nothing. Barely a tick on the clock. What's the rush?
Old 12-03-2013, 03:00 PM
alfredo24pr

3 months? LOL That's nothing. Barely a tick on the clock. What's the rush?
It is for me. I have to bit by bit get enough money to order and then having to wait even more is a downside for me. Im a student.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:15 AM
Rochester
Administrator

It's been a few weeks with the RHFC on the OEM cat-back... any new impressions you'd like to share, OP?
Old 12-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Turbotwiggs

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
^^ x2 I want to see what kind of gains are to be had on this
Old 12-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Drive Clean
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 25 Posts
Been following this thread closely, i'd also like to see what kind of gains you can make with those RHFCs!
Old 12-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Jack10525
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Wow this thread is an eye opener. The factory claims 330 HP and 270 Torque at the flywheel. 255/220 at the rear wheels is horrible in my opinion. I know that's about a 22% drive train loss but it seems high. I would think they would be more efficient. Must be the weight and gearing.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:21 PM
alfredo24pr

It's been a few weeks with the RHFC on the OEM cat-back... any new impressions you'd like to share, OP?
Originally Posted by Drive Clean
Been following this thread closely, i'd also like to see what kind of gains you can make with those RHFCs!
my bad. have been busy (more like lazy) lately. Also, haven't used the car much since I was in caveman mode for finals. Thanks god Im done.

I did install a mesh grille yesterday, will upload pics tonight.

As for the RHFC, I have to call dyno to make appointment. Hopefully on thursday. Sorry for the delay.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Sorry for the delay.
No apologies necessary, you're under no obligation just because of a forum thread.

It wasn't so much "gains" that I'm initially interested in, because that will all come together eventually when the intake+cats+cbe+tune reaches the end-game. My question was more focused on the sound of FI's RHFC when mated to the OEM cat-back. You were underwhelmed, and I was wondering if that opinion has more nuance (good word) now that you've driven it for a few weeks.

But if you haven't been driving the car, then that's it, I suppose. In for the dyno.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:54 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 748 Likes on 356 Posts
my bad. have been busy (more like lazy) lately. Also, haven't used the car much since I was in caveman mode for finals. Thanks god Im done. I did install a mesh grille yesterday, will upload pics tonight. As for the RHFC, I have to call dyno to make appointment. Hopefully on thursday. Sorry for the delay.
Make sure you dyno after that new grille!
Old 12-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Drive Clean
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 25 Posts
my bad. have been busy (more like lazy) lately. Also, haven't used the car much since I was in caveman mode for finals. Thanks god Im done.

I did install a mesh grille yesterday, will upload pics tonight.

As for the RHFC, I have to call dyno to make appointment. Hopefully on thursday. Sorry for the delay.
No need to apologize! I appreciate what you're doing, it's interesting to see how the car responds after each mod individually. Thanks for doing this
Old 12-16-2013, 03:53 PM
alfredo24pr

No apologies necessary, you're under no obligation just because of a forum thread.

It wasn't so much "gains" that I'm initially interested in, because that will all come together eventually when the intake+cats+cbe+tune reaches the end-game. My question was more focused on the sound of FI's RHFC when mated to the OEM cat-back. You were underwhelmed, and I was wondering if that opinion has more nuance (good word) now that you've driven it for a few weeks.

But if you haven't been driving the car, then that's it, I suppose. In for the dyno.
i did get to drive back home for 100 miles. It does seem a little more alive now.
Idk if its me, but after initial install, I was about to buy an exhaust ASAP (since I was a bit dissapointed), but now I feel more calm, so I guess it is a bit louder now.

Make sure you dyno after that new grille!
lol will do, but it will be with the RHFC. the filters are more exposed so I guess that would help for about 1hp? lol

Originally Posted by Drive Clean
No need to apologize! I appreciate what you're doing, it's interesting to see how the car responds after each mod individually. Thanks for doing this
No prob, but i dont like to break my word
Old 12-16-2013, 03:57 PM
NeverEnough007

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Also interested in this. Maybe a few sound clip vids would help when you are caught up.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

i did get to drive back home for 100 miles. It does seem a little more alive now.
Idk if its me, but after initial install, I was about to buy an exhaust ASAP (since I was a bit dissapointed), but now I feel more calm, so I guess it is a bit louder now.
I think it was you, and the disappointment of unrealistic expectations. Lots of reasons for that, too, not the least of which is youthful exuberance. I also think the cats needed to break in, get fully cooked and sooted up, if that makes any sense. Newly installed exhaust parts always sound different right away than they do after settling in. At least, that's been my experience.

So all that in context... YAY! I'm back on track to looking forward to this mod.

Thanks, Alfredo.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Mod + Dyno Log