Does anyone have the Brembo 6 piston front calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 03:08 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Obviously, forged aluminum is lighter and stronger than cast or billet. Does it matter in this application? IDK

And you would think 355.6 mm is the same thing as 356 mm, but IDK that either.

And yeah, "assembled in the USA" is not the same thing as "made in the USA". It's kind of like that patriotic KIA ad during the Superbowl, which I thought was odd. Be that as it may, how this affects you is a personal choice, neither right nor wrong. Personally, I don't care.

Anyway, keep going, see where it takes you.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:14 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Obviously, forged aluminum is lighter and stronger than cast or billet. Does it matter in this application? IDK

And yeah, "assembled in the USA" is not the same thing as "made in the USA". It's kind of like that patriotic KIA ad during the Superbowl, which I thought was odd. Be that as it may, how this affects you is a personal choice, neither right nor wrong. Personally, I don't care.

Anyway, keep going, see where it takes you.
The forged calipers I have used before had a lot better pedal feel and a lot better stopping power (I'm guessing from less flex?). I am not sure if they can absorb more heat though as they would be less porous.

Cars are a tricky comparison as even the most "U.S. made" car has a high percentage of parts (especially electronics) from other countries. This brake company has USA in their name, touts being in the USA, and talks about being hand made (which you assume is in the USA), but their parts are 100% made and assembled in Taiwan. Maybe it's just me, but it seems strange. I try to buy stuff made in the US whenever I can, but it is amazing how difficult that is to do. So I was stoked about a US company, but Taiwan is not usually the place I think of for high quality hand made brake components. The one part I cannot have fail at the track is the brakes.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:21 PM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
You're only talking about 0.4mm, which is only .016", so, basically they are the same Outside Diameter.....

As for a reference, take the standard 3" x 5" index card.
The thickness of the paper is normally .020", so, the Total Difference in outside diameters is Less than the thickness of the paper used to make the standard 3" x 5" index card.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:21 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by The Pope
You're only talking about 0.4mm, which is only .016", so, basically they are the same Outside Diameter.....

As for a reference, take the standard 3" x 5" index card.
The thickness of the paper is normally .020", so, the Total Difference in outside diameters is Less than the thickness of the paper used to make the standard 3" x 5" index card.
I agree which is why I think they were blowing some pretty big smoke when they were trying to convince me that the pad would stick out past the inside edge of the rotor and wear funny. Sure it would...