Review Tanabe Front / Eibach Rears

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:33 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Since we're on the subject...

What do you guys think about having Eibachs in the front and the stock sports springs in the rear. (raked stance) I have the 20x10.5 GT30's on and with 285/30/20 tires and I rub everyday going on inclines, bumps, and dips. Havent grinded the bracket yet and I dont want to run narrower tires. I actually would want to run 295 or possibly a 305 tire when the time comes.

Last edited by myk1013; 05-02-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:57 PM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by myk1013
Since we're on the subject...

What do you guys think about having Eibachs in the front and the stock sports springs in the rear. (raked stance) I have the 20x10.5 GT30's on and with 285/30/20 tires and I rub everyday going on inclines, bumps, and dips. Havent grinded the bracket yet and I dont want to run narrower tires. I actually would want to run 295 or possibly a 305 tire when the time comes.
I think it would look pretty bad, considering youd have almost an inch lower in the front than the rear.

If you want the slightly raked stance that still looks OK, you get that from the full eibach setup.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:22 PM
myk1013

Originally Posted by philter25
I think it would look pretty bad, considering youd have almost an inch lower in the front than the rear.

If you want the slightly raked stance that still looks OK, you get that from the full eibach setup.
I dont think Eibachs give off the raked stance.

Right now, my car sits with zero wheel gap. If I go with the stock sport rear springs, there'll probably be a 3/4 to 1 inch gap... which I don't mind at all. I'm not doing this for the raked stance, although that will eventually be the end result......I just want to get rid of the rubbing issues and the ability to run wider rear tires in the future.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:54 PM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by myk1013
I dont think Eibachs give off the raked stance.

Right now, my car sits with zero wheel gap. If I go with the stock sport rear springs, there'll probably be a 3/4 to 1 inch gap... which I don't mind at all. I'm not doing this for the raked stance, although that will eventually be the end result......I just want to get rid of the rubbing issues and the ability to run wider rear tires in the future.
My eibachs were a little more than a half inch lower in the front than the rear. See pics in my first post. Definately a slight rake to it.

If you dont think having the rear an inch higher than the front will look silly, then by all means go ahead.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:58 PM
myk1013

My eibachs were a little more than a half inch lower in the front than the rear. See pics in my first post. Definately a slight rake to it.

If you dont think having the rear an inch higher than the front will look silly, then by all means go ahead.
Yeah, there's only one way to find out. I'll post pics when I make the switch.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:32 AM
Silver_HR
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just saying.

New to the forum, just bought a G35S 2007 sedan and am already looking to remove just a bit of the "wallow" from the look and feel of my car.

Just wanted to say:

What you've done here looks amazing. Bravo!

I'm going to start doing some research and see if I can't replicate this with my sedan!
Old 05-25-2011, 04:01 AM
Peyman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
philter25 great info! thanks!

im considering putting tanabe in front, and leaving rear non sport springs.
id imagine the fender gap will be about even on front/rear after that.
what do you think?

has anyone tried this? (i know many have done tanabe front with sport rear)
Old 06-08-2018, 04:29 PM
SeanMasterFlex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I finally joined the tanabach family, only Im reversed what most people have done.

I wanted a mild drop to even out the fender gap and liked the drop of the eibach rear. I like to just be able to see the top of the tread of the tire and have a very very small amount of fender gap and I got it.

My front fender is just a tad over 27 1/4 inches off the ground and my rear fender is just a tad under 27 1/4 inches. Visually, it looks dead on even from the side of the car.

Compared to my stock springs, the Eibach fronts drop the car about 1.5 inches, the tanabe fronts drop the car 1 inch, and the eibach rears drop the car 1/2 inches, and the tanabe rears drop it closer to 3/4 inches. My stock springs were around 28 - 28 1/4 in the front and the rears were 27 1/2 - 27 3/4 in the rear. The front and rear height varied about 1/4 inch.

The car handles and drives just a little firmer than stock and doesnt have as much body roll through corners. The tanabe and eibach's are pretty similar springrates. I debated coilovers, but the cheapest coilovers are 900ish and since I dont plan on autocrossing, I felt that was a lot to pay for height adjustment. Also, since my car is more of a daily driver and weekend driver for road trips, I didnt want to go up to a 10/9 kg spring and have that increase in spring rate.

I know this isnt everyones tastes, as some people like the car slammed, and some people like the car dropped more, but for anyone who wants to drop the car just a little to even out the fender gap and not have the slammed look, I think this is the best combination. Plus, since this combination is the mildest drop, you probably wont need an alignment and your stock shocks wont wear out as fast as they would with other springs. Also, I dont notice the "tucked in" look with the stock rims and tires as much as I did with the Eibachs.

The Eibach fronts and tanabe rears would also be a very good combination, as a few people already have put on their car. It would also even out the fender gap but the drop would be about 1/2 to 3/4 inch more than the tanabe fronts and eibach rears.

For comparison, my eibach fronts were just a tad over 26 1/2 inches when I took them off.

Tanabe Fronts:

Eibach Rears:

Current Stance:

And for reference, heres my car with Eibach's on the front and the rear. You can see how tucked in and lower the front is than the rear.

And for more reference, here is jedmonds car with eibach fronts and tanabe rears, which is the opposite combo of what I did, but is a very nice and even looking drop:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...ings-rear.html
Hey, love this stance because it is my daily driver (G37 coupe) and I was wondering how did you order these springs without ordering the whole set from tanabe and eibach? Would it be possible to just order tanabe fronts and eibach rears? Also, I still have my stock shocks on the vehicle, (100k miles) Ive been told that this would maybe shorten the life of the shocks and maybe even blow out. Will installing these springs put some stress on the shocks? Again, I would just like this setup to get rid of the nasty gap. Thank you!

Last edited by SeanMasterFlex; 06-08-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:35 PM
sr20dehauler
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SeanMasterFlex, I have a pair of new Tanabe front springs that I'm thinking of selling. PM me your zip and I can get you an estimate.