Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Has anyone replaced the front seats in their sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 03:04 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Gregor12
as long as you find a bracket to mount to the sedan floor you can make the sparco seat work for sure. If i get to it before you do, ill have a write up for sure. i dont mind being the guinea pig lol
If the Sparco seats work with the coupe rails, couldn't I just remove the seat rails from the factory seats that I already have? I'll let you be the guinea pig as I would prefer not to guess and buy parts that don't actually work. Thanks for volunteering.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:54 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
If the Sparco seats work with the coupe rails, couldn't I just remove the seat rails from the factory seats that I already have? I'll let you be the guinea pig as I would prefer not to guess and buy parts that don't actually work. Thanks for volunteering.

Nah i dont think so, because our factory seats dont blot up like that and they have the rods in the rails for the electronic seats. I wont be guessing. The seat brackets for the sparco seat are adjustable to fit the different bracket holes. All i have to do is check the width of the Wedge bracket and see if it matches the dimensions of the sparco brackets lol Im not sure why bride has different part numbers for the coupe and sedan. Maybe the coupe was for convertibles... or maybe the seat brackets changed when the sedan upgraded to a g37 from the g35HR like tony's. thats all i can think of when considering Tony's situation.

However, i will have concrete info for you soon... lol
Old 11-29-2016, 04:06 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Nah i dont think so, because our factory seats dont blot up like that and they have the rods in the rails for the electronic seats. I wont be guessing. The seat brackets for the sparco seat are adjustable to fit the different bracket holes. All i have to do is check the width of the Wedge bracket and see if it matches the dimensions of the sparco brackets lol Im not sure why bride has different part numbers for the coupe and sedan. Maybe the coupe was for convertibles... or maybe the seat brackets changed when the sedan upgraded to a g37 from the g35HR like tony's. thats all i can think of when considering Tony's situation.

However, i will have concrete info for you soon... lol
I must be reading this wrong because the factory coupe seat rails would have all the same rods and rails for the electronic seats just like the sedan coupe rails.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:47 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

I must be reading this wrong because the factory coupe seat rails would have all the same rods and rails for the electronic seats just like the sedan coupe rails.
I'm saying the sparco seat will not bolt to the factory seat rails in either car.... I meant to say AFTERMARKET COUPE RAILS lol. Not the factory coupe rails. Sorry about that.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:48 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I'm saying the sparco seat will not bolt to the factory seat rails in either car.... I meant to say AFTERMARKET COUPE RAILS lol. Not the factory coupe rails. Sorry about that.
Gotcha. I don't know anyone that even makes those aside from Bride, but who knows if those will work with Sparco seats? Even then, the one dead post supposedly showing coupe rails in a sedan is not very confidence inspiring.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:50 AM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Gotcha. I don't know anyone that even makes those aside from Bride, but who knows if those will work with Sparco seats? Even then, the one dead post supposedly showing coupe rails in a sedan is not very confidence inspiring.
Very true! Lol. However, he has part numbers, and it's clearly bolted in a sedan. And then the other number has pictures of coupe seats in the sedan so I'm pretty confident right now that they'll work. What really sucks is Sparco doesn't even have a seat bracket listed for the g37 coupe or sedan on their website. So it looks like we'll just have to make it work... I think I'm going to order the wedge rails/floor bracket and also order the sparco seat bracket. Because you can return those a lot easier compared to a seat lol
Old 12-01-2016, 02:47 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I recently discovered that Z1 carries some really nice Corbeau seats and they make seat rails for the coupe. The guy there also did not think they fit the sedan, but he was going to dig into a bit more. He said they also have Buddy Club side mount (race seats) specific to the sedan so I am getting close. I am digging these suede A4 seats and they are even lighter than the Sparcos:

Old 12-01-2016, 03:06 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Then again, these Sparcos are pretty nice too... Sparco lists seat bases for the G35 and does not specify between coupe or sedan. Would G35 rails work?

Last edited by 4DRZ; 12-01-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Then again, these Sparcos are pretty nice too... Sparco lists seat bases for the G35 and does not specify between coupe or sedan. Would G35 rails work?

They don't specify because the seats in the g35's were interchangeable from coupe to sedan.

As far as the g35 base fitting in a g37 I am not sure...

I personally would stick to the sparco seat between those two
Old 12-05-2016, 01:24 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I personally would stick to the sparco seat between those two
I am starting to think the same thing. The Sparcos look to be of a bit higher quality. Now, to find someone who has a set so I can sit in them and make sure they are not too wide for track days...

Be careful trying to get coupe rails to fit your sedan. 2GorNot2G sent me a lot of pm's with a ton of good info. about this and he also tried the coupe rails and found they do not fit the sedan. However, he thought the Bride rails might bolt up ok to the Sparco seats. He said he was going to post up some of his findings here when he had time.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

I am starting to think the same thing. The Sparcos look to be of a bit higher quality. Now, to find someone who has a set so I can sit in them and make sure they are not too wide for track days...

Be careful trying to get coupe rails to fit your sedan. 2GorNot2G sent me a lot of pm's with a ton of good info. about this and he also tried the coupe rails and found they do not fit the sedan. However, he thought the Bride rails might bolt up ok to the Sparco seats. He said he was going to post up some of his findings here when he had time.
I agree with you on sparco seeing a higher quality.

And that would be awesome. It would save me the restocking fee lol but that thread confirms the wedge rails in a newer sedan. I'll def wait for more info from 2goornot2go though! I need all the info I can get
Old 12-06-2016, 01:15 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
I agree with you on sparco seeing a higher quality.

And that would be awesome. It would save me the restocking fee lol but that thread confirms the wedge rails in a newer sedan. I'll def wait for more info from 2goornot2go though! I need all the info I can get
Look closely at the picture you posted the inside right front bolt isn't bolted in - likely because it doesn't line up just like the Bride 370z and G37 Coupe rails I tried.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:59 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ttv36
Look closely at the picture you posted the inside right front bolt isn't bolted in - likely because it doesn't line up just like the Bride 370z and G37 Coupe rails I tried.
Good eye man. I see the bolt there but can't tell if it's screwed in or not. Looks to be just sitting there. Something else I realized, that's the same year as your car I'm still trying to figure out if your year model g35 is the same as the 09+ G37. My friend has a coupe and I think I'm just going to swap seats with him to solve the headache lol. So much mixed information.

I'm not questioning you and I'm already assuming you're right and that our seat layout is the same.... but, I don't want to believe you because 6 weeks for seat rails sounds crazy hahaha. No hard feelings bro
Old 12-09-2016, 05:10 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Hey guys. The OP PM'ed me and asked me to post up in this thread about my experience with putting custom seats in my car.

I can confirm that the Wedge brackets for the G37 coupe do NOT fit our cars (V36 Sedans). I tried test fitting a set of these for Wedge and driver's side bracket was close with 3 of the 4 holes lining up but the passenger's side bracket didn't line up at all. All the companies I talked to about these seat brackets confirmed that the sedan and coupe are different. I even talked to a couple of other companies about custom making brackets, but without my car and/or the lower seat assemblies from the sedan they couldn't make them.

I have a buddy that works for Tanabe USA/Bride/SSR here in town and he also confirmed that Bride Japan is currently the only company making seat brackets for our V36 sedans. So, just like Tony, I ended up going with the Bride brackets (Part #'s N109MO and N110MO). Although these brackets seem pricey, they are high quality mounts and come with the mount, sliders and adapter plates. They also have mounting points for the factory seat belts, which a lot of the other coupe mounts seem to omit. The bride brackets will also fit most bottom mount aftermarket seats including Sparco and Cobra, assuming they have one of the bolt patterns listed in the below drawing.

Name:  Bride%20N109MO%20Seat%20Bracket_zpsqljvt5od.jpg
Views: 4995
Size:  21.9 KB
The following 2 users liked this post by 2GoRNot2G:
4DRZ (12-09-2016), slartibartfast (05-01-2017)
Old 12-09-2016, 06:21 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Thanks for posting this up. Do you remember roughly what the Bride seat rails run or a good place to get them?

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Hey guys. The OP PM'ed me and asked me to post up in this thread about my experience with putting custom seats in my car.

I can confirm that the Wedge brackets for the G37 coupe do NOT fit our cars (V36 Sedans). I tried test fitting a set of these for Wedge and driver's side bracket was close with 3 of the 4 holes lining up but the passenger's side bracket didn't line up at all. All the companies I talked to about these seat brackets confirmed that the sedan and coupe are different. I even talked to a couple of other companies about custom making brackets, but without my car and/or the lower seat assemblies from the sedan they couldn't make them.

I have a buddy that works for Tanabe USA/Bride/SSR here in town and he also confirmed that Bride Japan is currently the only company making seat brackets for our V36 sedans. So, just like Tony, I ended up going with the Bride brackets (Part #'s N109MO and N110MO). Although these brackets seem pricey, they are high quality mounts and come with the mount, sliders and adapter plates. They also have mounting points for the factory seat belts, which a lot of the other coupe mounts seem to omit. The bride brackets will also fit most bottom mount aftermarket seats including Sparco and Cobra, assuming they have one of the bolt patterns listed in the below drawing.

Quick Reply: Has anyone replaced the front seats in their sedan?