Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Has anyone replaced the front seats in their sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 11:12 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Those are the custom seats I told you about in your build thread, but you said something about wanting cloth, not leather.
Exactly. I pm'd him to get info on the installation, not the seats.

Originally Posted by ttv36
I have repalced the OEM seats with aftermarket ones and you will need resistors to trick the car into thinking the airbags are still there. Also you will need a weight sensor - either from your old seat or from another seat. I went to a local salvage yard and had them get the weight sensor from a 370z passenger seat. The weight sensor can be placed under the cushion of the seat, but may not work with people who don't weigh much (read: wife). I ended up having to roll mine up and zip tie it so my passenger airbag is always on. Another side effect with an aftermarket seat you will lose your power mirror functions.

Keep in mind that there aren't many options for seat rails - I had to order mine from Bride Japan which took 6 weeks. From my trial and error I learned that 370z and G37 coupe rails do NOT fit, so if you wanted to use a 370z seat you would need to modify the rails.

Bride RO Rails part numbers
Sedan: N109 (driver) and N110 (pass)
Coupe: N115 (driver) and N116 (pass)

Here is the resistor you would need two of they are 4.7Ohm 1/2W
http://amzn.to/2gKFSn9
Thanks for all the good info. What ports do you plug the resistor into? Did you just tape up the other plug ins? The seat rails sound like a pain, but I suppose I could live without power mirrors. This might be a good future project.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:18 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I have repalced the OEM seats with aftermarket ones and you will need resistors to trick the car into thinking the airbags are still there. Also you will need a weight sensor - either from your old seat or from another seat. I went to a local salvage yard and had them get the weight sensor from a 370z passenger seat. The weight sensor can be placed under the cushion of the seat, but may not work with people who don't weigh much (read: wife). I ended up having to roll mine up and zip tie it so my passenger airbag is always on. Another side effect with an aftermarket seat you will lose your power mirror functions.

Keep in mind that there aren't many options for seat rails - I had to order mine from Bride Japan which took 6 weeks. From my trial and error I learned that 370z and G37 coupe rails do NOT fit, so if you wanted to use a 370z seat you would need to modify the rails.

Are the Bride seat rails specific to Bride seats or would they work with Sparco sliders?
Old 11-26-2016, 12:08 AM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

Thank you so much for sharing this.

I'm also looking into doing this. I was reading up on the 370z forum and it seem to be the same. Did you mess up your stock seats getting the weight sensor out? I'm worried about ruining the passenger seat.

4drZ,

If you do a write up I would be super happy lol
Old 11-26-2016, 10:22 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Gregor, ttv36 mentions that he went to a salvage yard to get a weight sensor for his new seats. Not a bad idea.

I was on www.conceptzperformance.com yesterday getting some black friday deals and noticed they have sparco seat rails, so I thought the search was over. However, they are universal and not specific to the G37 so some custom fabricating would be in order. So close!
Old 11-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Gregor, ttv36 mentions that he went to a salvage yard to get a weight sensor for his new seats. Not a bad idea.

I was on www.conceptzperformance.com yesterday getting some black friday deals and noticed they have sparco seat rails, so I thought the search was over. However, they are universal and not specific to the G37 so some custom fabricating would be in order. So close!
That was my fault haha I meant to ask if he damaged the seat pulling it out but I see that he said he had the junkyard pull it out for him. Guess I'll start looking for blown air bag seats haha

Also, the seat brackets are the same from coupe to sedan from what I've heard. Surely the sparco brackets bolt up. My friend has a sparco bracket in his 370 and it's universal to all sparco seats so maybe that's what it meant?
Old 11-26-2016, 04:48 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Gregor12
That was my fault haha I meant to ask if he damaged the seat pulling it out but I see that he said he had the junkyard pull it out for him. Guess I'll start looking for blown air bag seats haha

Also, the seat brackets are the same from coupe to sedan from what I've heard. Surely the sparco brackets bolt up. My friend has a sparco bracket in his 370 and it's universal to all sparco seats so maybe that's what it meant?
ttv36 also mentions in the post you quoted that coupe and 370Z rails DO NOT fit the sedan. The Sparco rails fit their seats, but they are not specific to our cars.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:07 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

ttv36 also mentions in the post you quoted that coupe and 370Z rails DO NOT fit the sedan. The Sparco rails fit their seats, but they are not specific to our cars.
Hmm that's weird. I read where someone swapped seats using coupe brackets... it seems that I'm having issues reading here. Please excuse my lack of ability to read an entire post
Old 11-27-2016, 11:35 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Hmm that's weird. I read where someone swapped seats using coupe brackets... it seems that I'm having issues reading here. Please excuse my lack of ability to read an entire post
No worries. It's probably just all the turkey clouding your brain.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:33 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Thanks for all the good info. What ports do you plug the resistor into? Did you just tape up the other plug ins?
I actually just plugged the resitor into the airbag port. Sorry I don't remember which plug it was, but I it's the only one with 2 pins. I didn't tape the other plugs up, I just put some zip ties on them to hold them in place.

Are the Bride seat rails specific to Bride seats or would they work with Sparco sliders?
I think it would depend on how the seat is mounted. Bottom mount probably would work, but if the seat is side mounted it might not. You might want to google around to verify.

Hmm that's weird. I read where someone swapped seats using coupe brackets...
Perhaps they didn't use all 4 bolts or modified the coupe rail to fit the 4th bolt? IIRC its the front inside bolt that doesn't line up.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:45 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I actually just plugged the resitor into the airbag port. Sorry I don't remember which plug it was, but I it's the only one with 2 pins. I didn't tape the other plugs up, I just put some zip ties on them to hold them in place.

I think it would depend on how the seat is mounted. Bottom mount probably would work, but if the seat is side mounted it might not. You might want to google around to verify.
So you just put each end of the resistor into each of the 2 pins? That sounds easy enough.

I wonder if the Bride rails would work with the sparco seat base and slider set. That would be great if it worked.

Anyone put Sparco seats in a G37S sedan?
Old 11-28-2016, 10:52 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

So you just put each end of the resistor into each of the 2 pins? That sounds easy enough.

I wonder if the Bride rails would work with the sparco seat base and slider set. That would be great if it worked.

Anyone put Sparco seats in a G37S sedan?
As far as mixing and matching seats and brackets I'll see what I can find as well.

As far as sticking the resistor in the 2-port pin for the air bag, I've seen it done with Z's. Just add electrical tape to make sure it stays in there. But I've also seen people cut the plug off of the seat side and weld the resistor onto the wires. Either way should be fine.

As far as seats go, in going sparco Evo III's my friend has one in his track car and it was mad comfy and I fit in it perfectly.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:02 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Found this on here. Someone needs to prove this....

"Bumping this thread from the dead, yes g37 coupe seats fit the g37 sedan.

My 2010 G37xS sedan currently riding with 2012 IPL G coupe front seats.

Thank you to OnEighty Customs, Kenny (Da Mayor), Infiniti of Massapequa and Aron.

My seats were swapped with rails intact, direct bolt on.

Driver's side wires up, but you need to get coupe memory seating plug and figure out the heated seats.

Passenger side also directly bolts on, but you need to swap the complete harness. Same thing with heated seats.

Last thing, you need to reset the airbag light.

Here's a quick pic:

Happy modding. PM or call OnEighty for further details."
Old 11-28-2016, 11:08 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Seems that the seat brackets for coupe and sedan are interchangeable. Check this link out

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-brackets.html
Old 11-29-2016, 10:35 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Found this on here. Someone needs to prove this....

"Bumping this thread from the dead, yes g37 coupe seats fit the g37 sedan.

My 2010 G37xS sedan currently riding with 2012 IPL G coupe front seats.

Thank you to OnEighty Customs, Kenny (Da Mayor), Infiniti of Massapequa and Aron.

My seats were swapped with rails intact, direct bolt on.

Driver's side wires up, but you need to get coupe memory seating plug and figure out the heated seats.

Passenger side also directly bolts on, but you need to swap the complete harness. Same thing with heated seats.

Last thing, you need to reset the airbag light.

Here's a quick pic:

Happy modding. PM or call OnEighty for further details."
That's interesting. It sounds like ttv36 had a different experience. I saw the other thread you posted when I was searching for info, but also noticed there was never a confirmation or pictures that the seats worked so I was not sure if that guy ran into issues or not. Know any seat rails that would fit Sparco seats for my car?

Last edited by 4DRZ; 11-29-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:28 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

That's interesting. It sounds like ttv36 had a different experience. I saw the other thread you posted when I was searching for info, but also noticed there was never a confirmation or pictures that the seats worked so I was not sure if that guy ran into issues or not. Know any seat rails that would fit Sparco seats for my car?
In the second link that i posted, there is a picture of the brack in the seat. That bracket should work with the sparco seats. the sparco seats bolt to the side of the supplied brackets. Once youve bolted the brackets to the seat, you bolt the brackets to the seat rails which then get bolted to the vehicle.

The sparco seat brackets run along the entire length of the bottom so you could drill your own hole as well if one didnt line up.

as long as you find a bracket to mount to the sedan floor you can make the sparco seat work for sure. If i get to it before you do, ill have a write up for sure. i dont mind being the guinea pig lol

Here are the copied pictures

Although this does not guarantee the passenger bracket it does guarantee the drivers. Ive google a few different things and i also found some sedans with both the passenger and driver side coupe seats in them.

Last edited by Gregor12; 11-29-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Has anyone replaced the front seats in their sedan?