Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help Window switch covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 02:25 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Window switch covers

Does anyone know if these will pop off or do I have to remove the entire door panel ??? Having them done in cf ... Thanx !
Old 09-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Atlbrav1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey there. Not sure if you have found your answer or done this yet, but i replaced mine last night and it was super simple. And you DO NOT need to pull the whole door panel off. I did take some pics when I did mine and if I can figure out how to post them, I will. Basically all I did with each door open, was brace the bottom of the door with my leg while reaching in to the door pull area and with both hands pulled up and towards myself at the same time. The switch bezels are in pretty tight, but they will pop out. Make sure not to use any type of tool to pry them out as you will definately damage your door panel. Once you get the bezel pulled up enough you should be able to get you fingers underneath and pull them up and out. Once they are out, simply use a small flat head screwdriver to release the tabs on the switches. The tabs on the window switch are pretty tight so don't pry/twist to hard. Then just click the switches in to the new bezel and pop/push them back in place. Took about 15-20 minutes total and that included time taking pics along the way. I will update later on with the part numbers and pics of I can get them to upload.

Last edited by Atlbrav1; 09-20-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Atlbrav1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's an update with the part numbers for the graphite color (black) driver and passenger front switch bezels for a 07-08 G35 sedan.
Driver side sedan front switch bezel in graphite (black) color part # 80961-JK60A.
Passenger side sedan front switch bezel in graphite (black) color part # 80960-JK60A
Old 02-01-2019, 03:28 PM
kimster500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlbrav1
Hey there. Not sure if you have found your answer or done this yet, but i replaced mine last night and it was super simple. And you DO NOT need to pull the whole door panel off. I did take some pics when I did mine and if I can figure out how to post them, I will. Basically all I did with each door open, was brace the bottom of the door with my leg while reaching in to the door pull area and with both hands pulled up and towards myself at the same time. The switch bezels are in pretty tight, but they will pop out. Make sure not to use any type of tool to pry them out as you will definately damage your door panel. Once you get the bezel pulled up enough you should be able to get you fingers underneath and pull them up and out. Once they are out, simply use a small flat head screwdriver to release the tabs on the switches. The tabs on the window switch are pretty tight so don't pry/twist to hard. Then just click the switches in to the new bezel and pop/push them back in place. Took about 15-20 minutes total and that included time taking pics along the way. I will update later on with the part numbers and pics of I can get them to upload.
I'm having trouble popping my window switch plate on the driver's side. It feels like it's on there really secure (which is a good thing) but I need to take it out in order to put back in the window switch cap button thing since it popped off.
i have an '08 g37 coupe, and can't get the life of me to pry it off without damaging it.

Hoping I don't have to pull of the whole interior panel.
Any thoughts is appreciated, thank you!
Old 02-01-2019, 04:25 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,253 Likes on 1,015 Posts

From what I remember when I did the mirror swap the switch bezel is attached to the door panel with 3 or 4 screws. Unfortunately you do have to remove the door, at least for the Coupe. The sedan may be different.

If it is any consolation, the door panel is super easy to remove: 3 bolts and it pops right off.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...oor-panel.html