Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Wind noise from passenger window

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 06:01 PM
akiradavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bringing this back from the dead

Before, I was getting the noise only from the driver side window, but I thought that was due to the tints. Removed the tints, noise was quieter but still there. Figured it was due to the body shop screwing up the alignment but it was around the time when a family member died so I couldnt deal with it. Forgot about it, just turned up the music.

Fast forward to recent, my passenger side window is bashed in one morning my some scumbag. They didnt take anything but the window had to be replaced. I replace it using an emergency glass shop. It was horribly aligned so bad that I couldnt talk with the windows up! Brought it back to the shop and it took them 3 more tries (kept coming back) for them to get it where its at now. But its not perfect by a longshot. Now both sides have wind noise.

I may just replace the seals and ask the stealership to align the windows properly. Just a heads up for people who have this issue. Window reset doesnt do much and it has to do with how glass is aligned on the track. If you take a look at the glass while in the door, you will see it is almost floating on track. It's a bitch to align it on both a X, Y AND Z axis, but thats how it goes (from the untrained eye). Anyhow, this is my 2 cents. If your G gets broken into, you may run into this issue after fixing the window.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:15 PM
jman09

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by akiradavis
Before, I was getting the noise only from the driver side window, but I thought that was due to the tints. Removed the tints, noise was quieter but still there.
how/why would tints cause this???
Old 06-23-2015, 06:55 PM
AzNBoY92

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts
Poorly made. My passenger side one is torn and wind noise is coming in badly. The problem is when the window goes up it doesn't go up into the seal but actually goes past it and so since its not sealed in correctly noise comes in. Wonder how much to replace.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:59 PM
amciner28

I feel like people keep talking about tints and windows for this... but I'm not sure why. Stop me if someones said this already but I have the same issue on the passenger's side (doesn't start making noise until 80-90 MPH) but to me it must be the side view mirror that the noise is coming from.

To make sure I'm talking about the same sound as everybody else: it's a high pitched whistling.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:10 PM
SpeedBallDEVIL
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
My 2011 coupe had the same issue, however it was coming in from the rear of the window near where the seatbelt rests. My driver side was so badly worn that you could see into the car if you looked at the right angle.

I brought the car to infiniti and had both driver and passenger seals replaced under warranty. Even got a free rental for the day under warranty.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:02 PM
acousticapertur
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpeedBallDEVIL
My 2011 coupe had the same issue, however it was coming in from the rear of the window near where the seatbelt rests. My driver side was so badly worn that you could see into the car if you looked at the right angle.

I brought the car to infiniti and had both driver and passenger seals replaced under warranty. Even got a free rental for the day under warranty.
How long did they take to replace the seals? I've been chasing the high speed air leaks in both windows of my car for almost a year now - this is insane. Been to the dealer for it 4x, and I'm ready to go in a 5th.

Passenger side they found the window regulator was broken plus the window was out of alignment, and driver side my window was out of alignment as well. The driver side they fixed the leak in the front but created a leak in the back top corner. Passenger side was drastically reduced from the vacuum cleaner sound, and is now also an air leak relegated to the rear top corner.

I'm wondering if my weather seals are out of shape - can anyone show me a properly sealed window seal at the back top corner?

It's infuriating going to the dealer and they claim they can't hear anything - everyone who's been in my car, including my hard of hearing Dad, can hear it, but of course the dealership "can't hear anything."
Old 01-18-2016, 02:08 AM
Nxf0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got wind noise & no warranty

Hey guys ,
So I just purchased 2011 g37xs coupe with 31k mile and just came to know that I have this crazy wind noise . (Both side , passenger side gets insanely annoying at speed 60+ ) took the car back to dealer where is purchased the car (not Infiniti , it's an Acura dealership) and they told me that they cannot help me. I don't think they like me that much since I didn't buy the 3rd party extended warranty from them

Anyways .. Anybody was able to get this fixed at local body shop ? How about Infiniti dealer , anyone knows how much they will charge me to fix this ? By the way I checked everywhere and I cannot see any torn on window seal ... Not sure if I was looking at the right place though .. Tried the window reset technique as well and that didn't help either :/ any tip , will be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-18-2016, 12:59 PM
isosunrise

I have the same problem. 2 dealers have replaced the window moldings and nothings helped.. Brought to a local body shop and they say the door alignment is off. When I push the door in with my body the seal becomes much tighter. Unbelievable the dealer I purchased from (englewood infiniti) wont help.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:15 PM
scaperd
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Wanted to chime in on this thread. I have been chasing the wind noise for awhile and wanted to pass on some updated wisdom for future readers.

Part 1: If your car was in a wreck(regardless if carfax says it was) your door alignment wont be factory perfect and you get the horrid wind noise from around the sides or corners of the window. To fix this you need to have the door realigned and then the window has to be aligned. Yes this is a two part alignment. Your window can be aligned by two screws hidden under your door panel, the screws adjust how high the glass sits in the front and rear of the window. This goes without saying but do this after the door is set properly.

Part 2. As are cars are aging I've had both my rubber seals along the top of the mirror crack like in previous posts. This part as of January 2016 is 45 dollars from your dealership and takes about an hour to DIY it in place. You take the door panel off, then the mirror off and replace it. No more wind noise, or at least a massive reduction lol.

Hope this helps future drivers.

FYI I have an 08 G coupe, accident free.
The following 2 users liked this post by scaperd:
Armyed (09-08-2016), Bravo at (02-28-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 02:39 PM
spinna001

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by scaperd
Wanted to chime in on this thread. I have been chasing the wind noise for awhile and wanted to pass on some updated wisdom for future readers.

Part 1: If your car was in a wreck(regardless if carfax says it was) your door alignment wont be factory perfect and you get the horrid wind noise from around the sides or corners of the window. To fix this you need to have the door realigned and then the window has to be aligned. Yes this is a two part alignment. Your window can be aligned by two screws hidden under your door panel, the screws adjust how high the glass sits in the front and rear of the window. This goes without saying but do this after the door is set properly.

Part 2. As are cars are aging I've had both my rubber seals along the top of the mirror crack like in previous posts. This part as of January 2016 is 45 dollars from your dealership and takes about an hour to DIY it in place. You take the door panel off, then the mirror off and replace it. No more wind noise, or at least a massive reduction lol.

Hope this helps future drivers.

FYI I have an 08 G coupe, accident free.
whats the part number?
Old 01-26-2016, 01:49 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Definitely interested in the part number as well.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:08 PM
scaperd
Registered Member

I still have the driver side seal in the bag(Its cold as hell in Ohio and I'm procrastinating lol), Ill take a picture and upload it tonight of the seal and part label.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:23 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by scaperd
I still have the driver side seal in the bag(Its cold as hell in Ohio and I'm procrastinating lol), Ill take a picture and upload it tonight of the seal and part label.
So you replaced both sides for 45$?
Old 01-26-2016, 09:19 PM
scaperd
Registered Member

The following 3 users liked this post by scaperd:
Bravo at (02-28-2016), quakerroatmeal (01-27-2016), takemorepills (05-29-2018)