Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Wind noise from passenger window

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Branman36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wind noise from passenger window

Hi all
I bought a certified pre-owned, manual G37s with 25k miles on it. It drives perfectly however there is wind noise coming from the passenger side window. It is not noticeable under 60 mph. At 80 mph and above it becomes unbearable.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any ways to fix this or do I bring it back to the dealer and let them worry about it??
Old 02-07-2011, 06:54 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
hm...no, not really. although i do get a lot of road noise? if it's certified, you shouldn't have a problem taking it back to the dealer, no? is the car tinted by chance? i'm not sure if our infiniti's come with these, but some makers (Acura) have this odd little triple seal piece down below the groove of the window (where it sits out of side, behind the door panel). it's possible that if your cars been/is tinted, the previous owner/installer, took off the door panel and cut the THIRD plastic hard piece in an effort to prevent scratching. eek! no idea...but it's a start, right? good luck! it ended up scratching up my previous tints with the small piece cut. thats what i get for taking it to a moron. ugh...i HATE ignorance.

edit: what am i saying? i'm the one who took it to him in the first place? ...sh*t
Old 02-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Amon_Ra

yea I get it from time to time....@ speeds above 70... its a little stronger from the windnoise you normally get on the highway...usually occurs when there are crosswinds in the area or over a highwaybridge...

I did go to the dealer for it but the tech said it sounded like the regular window noise created from the wind turbulence going over the side mirrors...didnt feel like arguing about it so i may just go to another dealership for it
Old 02-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Branman36

thanks guys. I did get a new tint on it from an extremely talented shop here in NJ and they stated they couldn't find any noticeable problems. The wind noise was there before and after any tint work
Old 02-07-2011, 07:23 PM
FM37

Your window alignment is off. Reset it. Roll down, roll back up hold for 3 secs. If noise is still there they need to take off your door panel and realign it.

I know this cause i had the same issue after a body shop took out my windows then reinstalled them.

FYI if the reset doesnt work, more than likely at 1 point the window was taken out for whatever reason...
Old 02-07-2011, 08:35 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Branman36
Hi all
I bought a certified pre-owned, manual G37s with 25k miles on it. It drives perfectly however there is wind noise coming from the passenger side window. It is not noticeable under 60 mph. At 80 mph and above it becomes unbearable.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any ways to fix this or do I bring it back to the dealer and let them worry about it??
This was a common problem. there is another thread about this and i believe there is a tsb for it. some people brought the car to the dealer and they installed new weathering in the window. some others and i just used auto window sealant purchased from the auto store and that fixed it too. the sealant was put where the rubber meats the glass on the passenger side small fixed window all around it.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:45 PM
cvroom

read this thread. This should help you if its teh same problem

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ml#post3011297
Old 02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Branman36

warranty

ok so I can take it to a local dealer and get this covered under warranty, should the reset not work? Should I mention the tsb?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:55 AM
cvroom

^ the problem i was referring too was a sealing issue with the small rear fixed window on the passsenger side. while driving speeds of 60+ there is a hissing sound coming from that window. if that is your problem the window reset is not applicable ot it.

a quick fix is with the silicone sealant. if you want to get it done right bring it to the dealer and have them fix it under warrenty. if you have any issues you can mention its covered under tsb ITB07-004
Old 02-08-2011, 10:58 AM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The dealer might try to stuff some foam behind the seal near the area of the air leak. It will push the seal harder into the window when the door closes.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:02 AM
fcarpio

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FM37
Your window alignment is off. Reset it. Roll down, roll back up hold for 3 secs. If noise is still there they need to take off your door panel and realign it.

I know this cause i had the same issue after a body shop took out my windows then reinstalled them.

FYI if the reset doesnt work, more than likely at 1 point the window was taken out for whatever reason...
Yes, I get this too.

I threw my window alignment out of whack when I disconnected the battery to install the stereo. As you probably know the window switch has two clicks up and two down. What you need to do is to roll the window all the way down holding the switch on the first click only and once down hold the switch in the same position for 10 seconds. That will tell the computer how far down the window is supposed to go then you do the double click for auto roll down. Do the same for the up position. Voila! Hopefully that will fix your problem.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Branman36

no fix

no fix with the window manual reset. Looks like i will have to take this in to the dealer. Thanks guys, great advice.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Branman36

Guys,

I brought it in to Salerno Duane Infiniti of Denville NJ and they rejected my claim to ITB07-004 as they said it was the wrong window (this TSB is for a four door). I can't believe a window air leak would not be covered under warranty??? Any ideas on how to proceed?
Old 07-02-2011, 04:29 PM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you fix the problem ? i am having the same issue for both sides normally on highway or strong wind.
Maybe its normal because no upper window frame like the Sedan or maybe not.
I dont know if i could do somthing , will see.

Last edited by advan37; 07-02-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:38 PM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
maybe Side Window Deflector (CF made) will help , i know it will look ugly.

Quick Reply: Wind noise from passenger window