Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Ziebart scratched my car fixing clear shield, please HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Kwang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hm, I'm no expert, but I think your reason sounds rational enough -- it'll save a lot of time and stress.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:14 PM
HTP AutoWorks

You need to have them remove the entire clear bra. If they cut film there to get the kit to lay down they did it elsewhere. I am a fellow installer and it pisses me off when these guys do this. The should not be installing film on cars until they know how to properly do it. I would be willing to bet that they cut in other areas as well... and you wont know it until the film is removed. The rason is when they cut the film, the blade line is right dwn the edge of the film.

Have THEM remove the entire bra, document the damage, and have the car repainted. thye have insurance for that type of damage and should pay for it. If you dont you are letting them off to easy and they will keep doing it to other people.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:26 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks
You need to have them remove the entire clear bra. If they cut film there to get the kit to lay down they did it elsewhere. I am a fellow installer and it pisses me off when these guys do this. The should not be installing film on cars until they know how to properly do it. I would be willing to bet that they cut in other areas as well... and you wont know it until the film is removed. The rason is when they cut the film, the blade line is right dwn the edge of the film.

Have THEM remove the entire bra, document the damage, and have the car repainted. thye have insurance for that type of damage and should pay for it. If you dont you are letting them off to easy and they will keep doing it to other people.
You should have definitely done what HTP AutoWorks stated... you just gave them the easy way out for doing a ****ty job.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:24 PM
l2awin

The shield was computer cut so the installer only cut into a few selected spots to fix it. I'm pretty sure there's a total of 4 spots. (2 under the bumper). I've read that a repaint wont be able to match it 100% and often times has to be blend in from the bumper to hood etc. In addition, the purple tint on AG also worries me as it would probably be even harder to match. (I saw a thread on repainting a bumper 3 times) I guess it was the most convenience option for both parties so that's why I took it. Hope i didnt miss any other cuts though.

Last edited by l2awin; 04-06-2009 at 07:50 PM.