Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2009 G37x iphone music streaming

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 11:05 PM
JustDoIt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 G37x iphone music streaming

hello there, new to the forum thought i can make some contribution...i'm sure what i'm going to talk about has been mentioned a few times here in the forum, but i thought i could make a summation English is second language btw

previously i have been a fan of lexus/toyota, mainly due to their reliability. Up until recently, family needs another car, and a friend of mine at the dealership shot me a message about a 2009 G37x Coupe just traded-in for sale, which has only 40,000 km on it, lady driven . so i bought it

After i bought it i realize it has nav/bluetooth/bose, but does not stream music via bluetooth. the reason being the bluetooth transceiver in AV Control Unit does not have A2DP Profile(or protocol) capability, and this protocol is critical/essential for bluetooth streaming functionality.

so i ended up getting a apple 30pin to lightning adapter cable from local market for $25, and it looks like this

and of course it plays music but does not charge. unfortunately both Scosche passport charging adapter and cablejive dockstub have been discontinued and hard to find... so i bought a 30pin to 30pin converter cable from volks wagon dealership...it costs me $21 bucks and the part number is 000051443C, and it looks like this

Now, i can stream music from my phone to the car digitally. However, the screen keeps saying "There is no song", i understand this because i was using music app instead of local musics...

i had discovered how much it would cost to use bluetooth. It is possible to swap your 2009 AV control unit to 2010 av control unit if you can find one cheap, but from what i've read on this forum, it requires tons of re-wirings, screen upgrade, this might cost another $1,000 your own labor included, for a 10 years old car, maynot worth it..

Alternatively, if you buy a 30pin to bluetooth adapter from Amazon, like coolstream carpro, it would also cost you close to $60-80 i believe...

Anyhow, after a few days spent on Google and myG37 forum, i have finally figured out why things have to be so complicated like this... i can answer any questions, let me know
The following users liked this post:
labowsky (03-26-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 11:21 PM
CasaDelGatos

As far as I can tell, this is going to do it for me (using aux in)
BT Streaming Adapter
Old 03-26-2019, 02:32 PM
labowsky

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good thinking on this! This might be the way to go for the folks using bovee or other adapters.

I might swing by and pick this up to test if it helps with the delay from my bovee since the cablejive is discontinued and will cost more than double for me to acquire one.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:46 PM
CasaDelGatos

Originally Posted by CasaDelGatos
As far as I can tell, this is going to do it for me (using aux in)
BT Streaming Adapter
Forget this one. It was worthless without a regular single plug aux in.