Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bluetooth Music Streaming Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Bluetooth Music Streaming Questions

I'm new to the BT music stuff. Have a iPhone 4, downloaded Pandora and HD radio apps. I get them to work but have a few questions:{I have Navi}

1. Only Play and Pause comes up on the car's BT Audio LCD screen? Can't seem to change Radio stations or genres on the iPhone Apps from the LCD screen. Is that possible ? Or is that solely accessible thru the Phone. I did Plug into the USB port when doing this.

2. When I do first plug into the USB port a Message comes up on the phone's screen that I am required to "dismiss"...each time that I make that hook up?? I will pay more attention to the wording of the Message next time I do this and posts here..

3. Is there a way to have TXT messages sent to the LCD screen? Similar to the New Ford Synch system?
Old 07-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Almatti
I'm new to the BT music stuff. Have a iPhone 4, downloaded Pandora and HD radio apps. I get them to work but have a few questions:{I have Navi}

1. Only Play and Pause comes up on the car's BT Audio LCD screen? Can't seem to change Radio stations or genres on the iPhone Apps from the LCD screen. Is that possible ? Or is that solely accessible thru the Phone. I did Plug into the USB port when doing this.

2. When I do first plug into the USB port a Message comes up on the phone's screen that I am required to "dismiss"...each time that I make that hook up?? I will pay more attention to the wording of the Message next time I do this and posts here..

3. Is there a way to have TXT messages sent to the LCD screen? Similar to the New Ford Synch system?
I have a Droid Charge and I can stream anything, including Pandora to the BT system, It does allow me to change tracks (forward/backward) with the selector on the wheel, but I haven't tried to see if it changes the stations on Pandora. I don't see any kind of message that comes up with USB connection, but I haven't gotten the system to pull my phones data in for some odd reason. I haven't seen anything about pulling my text messages to the screen, but I do have it setup when I pair my phone my SMS reader comes on, so it speaks the messages over the system. I still wish there was a way to get a notification of an email or text message if your paired on BT but listening to the Music Box, XM or a CD. On a plus note it will record ANY CD and so long as you have the text built onto the CD Musicbox works perfectly
Old 07-20-2011, 05:29 PM
1BadAssG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No you can not as of yet see the text on the BT menu when streaming. It will be available iOS 5
Old 07-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I have a Droid Charge and I can stream anything, including Pandora to the BT system, It does allow me to change tracks (forward/backward) with the selector on the wheel, but I haven't tried to see if it changes the stations on Pandora. I don't see any kind of message that comes up with USB connection, but I haven't gotten the system to pull my phones data in for some odd reason. I haven't seen anything about pulling my text messages to the screen, but I do have it setup when I pair my phone my SMS reader comes on, so it speaks the messages over the system. I still wish there was a way to get a notification of an email or text message if your paired on BT but listening to the Music Box, XM or a CD. On a plus note it will record ANY CD and so long as you have the text built onto the CD Musicbox works perfectly
ALPHA - Can you elaborate on what app you have or how you are getting the text messages read over bluetooth?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
ALPHA - Can you elaborate on what app you have or how you are getting the text messages read over bluetooth?
Most certainly. Its called drivesafe.ly and it can be found on the android store. It is a free app that reads all your sms messages over the speaker
Old 07-21-2011, 11:46 AM
bitNine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iOS 4 uses a version of the AVRCP Bluetooth profile that dues not support text. iOS 5 will support AVRCP 1.4 which has those abilities.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Actually I just tried it yesterday Ibenez and it isn't working at the moment, hopefully they will have an update that gets it working again. I have just been using my Music Box lately lol