Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Constant XM Loading After Accident Repair

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 10:34 AM
New2Infinity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Constant XM Loading After Accident Repair

Hi I have 2009 G37X with Navigation and Bose. I have never had any issues with XM reception and the constant loading prior to this. It is constant no matter where I'm at, the weather, etc. All places that prior to the repair it worked fine.

A few months ago someone hit me in the back which busted the bumper bar and also required some work on both side panels to line them flush with the tail lights, etc. ~3k worth of work. The XM still worked fine before the repairs.

After the repairs, the XM radio is constantly "loading." It just dawned on me that maybe a connection was jarred loose, antenna punctured or impinged, etc. Any other ideas or things to look for?

I want to take it back to collision center but looking for any other possibilities in case I get push back from them. Their work is guaranteed through my insurance company since it is authorized repair center.

Car is no longer in warranty and I have a hard time believing the antenna just went "bad" after trouble free functioning for 4 years. TIA