Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

DBALL/DBALL2 Malfunctions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 09:14 AM
Jestered
Premier Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Gwhizz
Hey guys,
I installed the dball2 and when I go to program the key, it flashes orange 6 times and then does nothing else. Any idea what it could be? I've tried resetting the module, but it does absolutely nothing after flashing orange.

Thanks for your help.
What steps are you following to learn the key? Also, make sure the over-ride switch for the DBALL is "off" when learning the key. "Off" does not mean the box is off. It means the over-ride is off, which means the box is on.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:42 PM
Gwhizz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I've tried with the ignition off, acc and on positions. With the red and blue connectors only attached to the module, the light is green for 3 seconds and the door unlocked. If I add the black connector on the other side, the light is solid orange for a couple of seconds, then flashes orange 6 times. After both of those scenarios, it does nothing.
The bypass switch is off.

Thank you
Tom
Old 03-27-2015, 09:21 PM
Jestered
Premier Member

I've tried with the ignition off, acc and on positions. With the red and blue connectors only attached to the module, the light is green for 3 seconds and the door unlocked. If I add the black connector on the other side, the light is solid orange for a couple of seconds, then flashes orange 6 times. After both of those scenarios, it does nothing.
The bypass switch is off.

Thank you
Tom
I did it exactly how the instructions tell you and didn't have any problems. Well, actually I did have the over-ride switch set to "on" and it didn't work. That's how I eventually found out that the switch being "on" is actually turning the box off.

When the box is flashing orange, did you hit the unlock button on the fob? If not, you need to do that, then put the fob into the slot in the car. At that point the box should still be orange and that's when you press the brake pedal all the way down until the box flashes green then goes out. Have you tried those things before?
Old 03-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Gwhizz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I never got it to flash orange as the instructions say. I'm wondering if I have a bad connection from the BCM and it's missing a signal. I'm going to look at it again, in the morning. I'll post back what happens.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:07 PM
Jestered
Premier Member

I never got it to flash orange as the instructions say. I'm wondering if I have a bad connection from the BCM and it's missing a signal. I'm going to look at it again, in the morning. I'll post back what happens.
I thought you said it did flash orange at first. Also, I don't think you mentioned if you bought the DBALL with the correct firmware already installed, or if you did it yourself. How did the firmware for the G37 get on the box? A bad connection was my next guess. Post back with what you find out.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:57 PM
kelvin21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help

Originally Posted by filipinowise
I'm having the some issues on my 2011 g. My car won't start remotely after a few weeks. I hit the unock on fob 3x and nothing, repeat the process and nothing... Then the alarm goes off! I had it professional install and I've taken it back three times already and going back for the fourth and final time. 1st time they flash it to a uk firmware, it worked a few weeks then stopped. 2nd they replaced the kit, it work a few weeks, and then stopped. 3rd time they got support on the phone for assistance, they said xpress had them flash it for a different car and flash it back to infiniti g37, GUESS WHAT? it worked a few weeks and stopped. So I'm scheduled to take it back next week and they will contact xpresskit again for support. I'm like WTF! I was planning to get the viper smart start but it use dball2 as well.. So it will be an ongoing issue.
i know this old but im having the same exact problem and have brought it to the installer 4x im getting tired of having to call him every 2-3 weeks did u find a solution?
Old 11-23-2015, 12:55 PM
rvazquezdt
Registered Member

Hello guys, I been looking around the forums and I found this older thread. I have the dball 2 installed in my G37 and I am having this weird issue. Once I start my car with the factory fob, I am unable to pop the trunk using the factory fob. I have to walk to the trunk with the key and then press the trunk button on the car for it to open.

Also the car no longer beeps using the door buttons on the outside of the doors as well as pressing the trunk button on the car either.

But when the car is off everything works the way it originally did. Trunk release on the fob works. Beeps when I use the physical buttons on the car to indicate its locked or unlocked.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:56 PM
Krys Sipko

Anyone still on this issue?

I need some help with programming a key fob to dball2 bypass module. Any experts out there?