Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

GPS Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 01:29 PM
CaptainH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GPS Updates

I have a 2013. I test drove some 2009-2011s even drove a 2010 home for the night. This car shows traffic and gives weather warnings. Do earlier models do that? I don't remember seeing it.

I read the year/model updates thread but they mainly seemed to be about mechanical differences.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:43 PM
dc2r

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have a 2008 with gps.

I have traffic but not weather updates; i believe those were only offered in 2010+
also the updates are not included, you require a subscription from XM radio to get the warnings/updates

i subscribed to xm radio and xm navtraffic which is what its called.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:58 PM
CaptainH

That makes sense, the car I tested didn't have a current XM subscription.

So far one of my favorite options on the car is the trunk lock in the glove box. I am so paranoid about opening the roof. My wife borrowed the car and I told her not to put anything in the trunk. She came to me later and said the trunk wouldn't open. I reminded her about the lock (would not have been a good day in our household). She said agreed that it is definitely a good feature.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:39 AM
Roan de Rossi

I have 2010 vert but don't have XM subscription and still get both weather and traffic update.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Blake008

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 2011 'vert. I'm the 2nd owner. When I bought it, it had xm as well as the traffic and weather updates. Then, the subscription expired. I called yesterday to get the xm back as well as the traffic and weather stuff. As I was on the phone with XM, they told me that the XM NavWeather option was not available for my car. Needless to say we had our little disagreements over the phone...me saying how it was on my car when I bought it....them saying that it's no longer available for my car. I think I'm stuck now with just XM (which is still good) but no NavWeather. Any suggestions?
Old 03-19-2014, 04:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake008
I have a 2011 'vert. I'm the 2nd owner. When I bought it, it had xm as well as the traffic and weather updates. Then, the subscription expired. I called yesterday to get the xm back as well as the traffic and weather stuff. As I was on the phone with XM, they told me that the XM NavWeather option was not available for my car. Needless to say we had our little disagreements over the phone...me saying how it was on my car when I bought it....them saying that it's no longer available for my car. I think I'm stuck now with just XM (which is still good) but no NavWeather. Any suggestions?
You should be able to add it using your online account. Sometimes I find that when you call and they don't known how to do something they just say you can't do it. I have a Sirius lifetime subscription and the person told me I couldn't transfer it to xm radio. So when I got home I just went on to my online account to see what I could do and it allowed me to transfer there and I was done.