Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

G37x sedan Bose sound system

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:47 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Absinthe
Unless there tossing the Bose Studio On Wheels in for free on the newer models, the upgraded audio is very much an option and not standard.
Oops. Sorry, I forgot that my 6MT came standard with it and other trim levels weren't included. The only things I really could've added were…..first aid kit….
Old 03-21-2014, 06:36 PM
Noddy11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2010 G37X had the Premium Package and I thought that sound system was abysmal. I was really taken aback by how bad it was. I was kicking myself for not checking it out before I got the car.

My current 2012 XS has the Nav package and a better sound system, but it's still not very good. My old Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX had a much better system, an Infinity I think. It's a mystery to my why they couldn't put something decent in it.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:58 PM
fromtheillstate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris11LE
Im a good amount older than 25 but would still like more LOW bass from the Bose. The bass we feel seems like midrange (maybe the high end of low range, but definitely not low bass)

I can tell the difference between my car and my wifes '03 Acura with its Bose....hers definitely hits lower than ours, but ours feels like it has more volume. If I could combine the two it would be great. Mark Levinson great? Probably not, but still the best stock stereo Ive ever had.

I really do think a simple line out converter -> amp -> small sub/enclosure would help the system immensely. The stock speakers and "subs" dont really sound too bad, they just need a little help on the low end.

BEFORE I was 25 I had a "system" in every one of my vehicles. They all sounded incredible, but required a lot of work to install, tweak, etc. I dont want that anymore....Ill take a good stock system any day at this point. I have better things to spend my time doing.
I hear you. Low bass is the bugaboo of our set up, but to your last point. Keep it clean and low maintenance for me. I still have the remains of some of my "systems" all over my garage...lol Alipne and Kenwood decks. Subs, Amps. All too much of a hassle for me now.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:31 PM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by fromtheillstate
I hear you. Low bass is the bugaboo of our set up, but to your last point. Keep it clean and low maintenance for me. I still have the remains of some of my "systems" all over my garage...lol Alipne and Kenwood decks. Subs, Amps. All too much of a hassle for me now.
God that brings back memories of the "Great Garage Cleanout" I just finished last weekend. 15 assorted Kenwood, Alpine and RF amps, an OEQ-1, miles of hookup and speaker wire, 30' of 0 gauge welding cable and a box full of links, connectors and fuse blocks. Craigslist is going to be my friend in the coming months.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:19 AM
asian_kool_aid

For some reason my g37 does not have bose in it idk by my sound system and bass is great i can actually walk in a convenient store and still here it if I'm parked at the door
Old 03-26-2014, 09:14 AM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by asian_kool_aid
For some reason my g37 does not have bose in it idk by my sound system and bass is great i can actually walk in a convenient store and still here it if I'm parked at the door
You more than likely have the base model without the premium package. Do you have memory seats or power tilt/telescope steering column? Isn't the base stereo only 6 speakers?
Old 07-28-2021, 09:52 PM
malachiingraham

Originally Posted by Tim30250
I'm happy with the Bose sound system, although I did feel the need to add a 10" subwoofer to accentuate and deepen the bass which is the one aspect I deemed a bit lacking. Now, it's perfect for me.. Good volume, decent frequency separation and satisfying overall range.
How did you do this? I own a g37x and was looking at putting in a different sub and possibly a different amp. And was wondering your thoughts.