Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Iphone audio with USB cable

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 10:34 AM
mbar

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Iphone audio with USB cable

Hi everybody,
Just got my new 2013 G37xS coupe (with Nav).
My Iphone 5 is streaming audio via Bluetooth without any problems.
I'm trying to connect my Iphone Via USB (better audio quality) and having some problems:

Sometimes audio will play, sometimes it won't. The name of the song might appear on the screen, however I can't hear anything.

Is there a way to just start the car plug the phone and get music?

Thanks
Old 08-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Fairlady G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have the exact same issue on 2013 g37s coupe journey...
Old 09-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Mr. Inspired

I have a 2013 xs coupe with tech & nav. I don't have any problems when start car if its in audio Bluetooth mode it will automatically start plating from my iPhone 4S. When I plug the USB in it automatically switches over and he sounds really jumps and clears up. I have done it multiple times and switches immediately. I would point my finger at the cable or usb connection. Good luck.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:40 PM
perdido34

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mbar
Hi everybody,
I'm trying to connect my Iphone Via USB (better audio quality) and having some problems:

Sometimes audio will play, sometimes it won't. The name of the song might appear on the screen, however I can't hear anything.

Thanks
When nothing plays, is it because your iPhone is set to Vibrate Mode? The audio plays in the phone, but it isn't getting transmitted over either bluetooth or USB when the phone is set to vibrate-only mode.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:51 PM
TXGTR

Originally Posted by mbar
Hi everybody,

Thanks
I just picked up a 2010 G37s and had the same issue after pairing my iphone 4S, it was just because while playing music the phone itself was set to pair to the car through bluetooth instead of play through the USB dock.

While plugged into the USB port and playing music, select the icon in the bottom right of your phone and make sure it's set to "Dock Connector", not "My Car" or whatever your bluetooth connection is called.

I switched mine to dock connector and now that seems to be the default, it plays fine through USB or bluetooth.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:28 PM
1waels

Touch screen

Hello everyone ,i have a2009 g37x with no gps and no touch screen ,however i want know if the touch screen would hoock right up or i would have to do some modifications ?my buddy did an accident and i could take only the creen though since the inssurance has already inspected the car.thanks for your help