Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

bluetooth commands & iphone buggy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:41 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluetooth commands & iphone buggy!

just recently, within the last couple days, my cars been acting up! first it was my iphone. i have a 3GS and its running 4.0. it was working FINE since i updated to 4.0 but just recently its been really buggy! half the time it wont let me choose songs from my playlists from the car, and other times itll play one song and then stop after it finishes and start acting weird again. a few times if i disconnect the iphone from the usb it says check connected device. i dont have the navi package so i dont have bluetooth audio. i run it straight from my ipod app on my phone.
i went to go make a car today via the bluetooth voice commands. again, BUGGY! i'd say "call" and then my friends name and then it would say "CORRECTION" and go to the first options all over. it wouldnt pick up when i tried using other friends' names either.
do you think this is a phone issue or the car? is there anyway to reset the car's audio menus and all? i soft reset my phone but it didnt help.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:01 AM
CDONNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mystakin
just recently, within the last couple days, my cars been acting up! first it was my iphone. i have a 3GS and its running 4.0. it was working FINE since i updated to 4.0 but just recently its been really buggy! half the time it wont let me choose songs from my playlists from the car, and other times itll play one song and then stop after it finishes and start acting weird again. a few times if i disconnect the iphone from the usb it says check connected device. i dont have the navi package so i dont have bluetooth audio. i run it straight from my ipod app on my phone.
i went to go make a car today via the bluetooth voice commands. again, BUGGY! i'd say "call" and then my friends name and then it would say "CORRECTION" and go to the first options all over. it wouldnt pick up when i tried using other friends' names either.
do you think this is a phone issue or the car? is there anyway to reset the car's audio menus and all? i soft reset my phone but it didnt help.
Honestly I think its the iPhone. After I did the most recent update my BT is very sketchy. Call quality sucks now, I have the iPhone 4
Old 10-04-2010, 07:57 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've got an iPhone 4 on the most recent OS and my BT has always worked flawlessly, both with my original iPhone and my 4.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:01 PM
RustyGator

Mine isn't that great with newest software on Iphone 4 and my wife's isn't great either with iPhone 3G and older software.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:08 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

i think im just going to throw my old ipod video in my car and call it a day. only use my phone for calls. i hate all the updates for the iphone.. i wish they just patched up the issues with the phone and NOT the parts that interfere with bluetooth xD