Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

HELP! Hidden Dealer Menu "Factory Reset" option removed menus from my controler

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:20 AM
novaleadfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKG37X
Someone showed me how to get to an additional list of settings, such as various diagnostics options, and a few fun toys. I didn't get a chance to play around for too long, but my favorite so far is to turn on the back up camera as I drive. It's very James Bond. Unfortunately you cannot listen to the radio while doing it.
The way to this is to park, have the radio off, press down and hold the Settings button while turning the Volume **** back and forth very very fast. And a different menu appears on the screen.
interesting find...thanks
Old 10-18-2010, 10:44 AM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is great info.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:36 AM
37Gs

I just found this from the service manual last friday... I thought I read in there that you CAN adjust the cameral angle +/- 20* and well as calibrate the green v. yellow lines on the back-up? I'll look through it again but am almost sure I read you can make a small adj as well to change the RGB value of the screen. Not sure what colors you can change to but more R and B would/should = more green LOL.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:58 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
How to use your backup camera in DRIVE

Couldn't find any threads on this. Before we begin:

Objects in camera may be MUCH closer than they appear.

Okay, so you guys might be aware that we have a diagnostic menu in our cars. You can get into this menu by turning off your car stereo (push volume ****) and then hold the [Settings] button and (Turn) **** until you see the first menu shown in the video. After that, just follow what I do. When you are exiting, make sure you hit [Back] and not [Enter]. Not sure if back saves settings or not but I believe it does't (just in case). You are now in the camera calibration menu, however you can use this to look back while in drive. It definitely helps to have an extra set of eyes.

Note: Tested on an 08 Coupe (Anyone confirm newer models + sedan?). I made the video in a controlled environment (parking lot) & you cannot listen to music while in the diagnostic menu (includes viewing the cam). Sorry if I missed anything, it's 7am and I just got off work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aY1sfJysGw
HELP! Hidden Dealer Menu "Factory Reset" option removed menus from my controler-bkwk7l.jpg

Thought I'd sneak a pic in here. What you guys think, this is how my car looks now with the bluebatmobile gt-r overlays (they show better since it's all misted up) & the blacked emblems & spoiler.

Last edited by jesse550; 05-13-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:11 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
This may be an inb4tehlock thread....
Old 05-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
Well....you're not clipping wires to use the monitor while driving, it's just another menu that's built into the car that OP is telling us about.

Not too sure if this one will get locked
Old 05-12-2012, 07:47 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Not saying you would ever do this but due to it's unsafe nature it may get deleted.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:09 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I think it's more beneficial than unsafe, it's no different than having your rear-view mirror. It's not like one is watching a series of scenes unfold and listening to dialogue.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:31 AM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Originally Posted by Mattster
Not too sure if this one will get locked
Not saying you would ever do this but due to it's unsafe nature it may get deleted.
Pfft, it wasn't deleted the first time it was posted, so no reason whatsoever to delete this one either, except the fact that it's old news, especially for those of us that have been here from the beginning and actually know their way around this forum...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...he-screen.html

and there was this one too... (be careful)

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...controler.html

Originally Posted by jesse550
Couldn't find any threads on this.
Keep trying!
Old 05-12-2012, 11:43 AM
SwissCheeseHead

CaptainObvious. I deeply apologize for not being able to "be here from the beginning." I also deeply apologize for not knowing my way around this forum. I bow to your immeasurable omnipotent powers. Two threads in a pool of thousands should be an easy find for even the most simple minded beings. I hate to admit that I am not even that. Please forgive my callousness. MOD EDIT, keep responses clean and on point. per Mattster's request.

Last edited by cereal2k; 05-12-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
We don't drive RV's, if you need this on a G you shouldn't be driving. Most people laugh at the backup camera to begin with.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:00 PM
DashKid
Banned

I don't think this is a good idea. This is very dangerous to yourself and to others who are going to buy your car in the future. Would stay away from doing this.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Thanks for posting this info.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Seraphix

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
CaptainObvious. I deeply apologize for not being able to "be here from the beginning." I also deeply apologize for not knowing my way around this forum. I bow to your immeasurable omnipotent powers. Two threads in a pool of thousands should be an easy find for even the most simple minded beings. I hate to admit that I am not even that. Please forgive my callousness.
^^ lol at this, the sarcasm was almost BB like... Needed a good laugh
Old 05-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Sharkroy1

Neat post Jesse, didn't know about the diagnostic menu before (and I'm also one of those members "not here from the beginning"). I had wondered if this was possible before, and had done tons of searches, but found no previous posts. I don't really see a danger in this, it's really no different than the rear-view mirror, and even with the novelty factor I don't see someone just staring at it while driving. Not very useful, but cool to know it's there.
Also, the blackout looks good Jess.

Quick Reply: HELP! Hidden Dealer Menu "Factory Reset" option removed menus from my controler