Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Changing Locations with NAV systems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:34 AM
DownstairsDave
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OR they could just kick your door in while you're sleeping, shoot you and your family, THEN clean your house out and steal the car...

Infiniti7, you've done it again.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:45 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
I was concerned that if a thief believes nobody is home he can drive to your house and with your Homelink just drive into your garage, and then with easy access into the house clean the place out, (or worse if somebody is home).
I'd imagine there's the same problem with any garage door opener; before I had a car with homelink I just kept a push-button opener in the car. I'm sure many people do. Although, now that I think of it, my garage isn't attached to the house, so I'm one step ahead!

Really, if a thief wants to get into your house, he's probably going to be able to find a way with or without a garage door opener. And it's probably not that difficult to determine whether someone is home, stolen car or not.

Not that that's more reassuring or anything!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:21 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
In that regard, I have LoJack with the “early warning” option which means as soon as a thief attempts to move the car I will receive a phone call, or if not answering, the cops will be called before the car gets towed anywhere.
I believe the early warning only kicks in if there is an attempt to start the car, not move just move it. If true, your car can still be towed away and dropped in an alley. The police will still only respond when lojack gets your call.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
I believe the early warning only kicks in if there is an attempt to start the car, not move just move it. If true, your car can still be towed away and dropped in an alley. The police will still only respond when lojack gets your call.
That is not true. The early warning feature kicks in whenever an attempt is made to move the car. No entry into the car or starting attempt is necessary. The feature involves an extra fob (about the size of a quarter) that I’ve attached to my regular IK fob.

This is from their website:

The LoJack Early Warning Recovery System provides an added layer of protection for your car. The LoJack Early Warning Recovery System notifies you directly if your car is moved without your authorization. LoJack will alert you by phone, e-mail and/or pager so you can quickly check on the status of your vehicle. If a theft has occurred, the LoJack Early Warning Recovery System enables the police to track and recover your vehicle even sooner.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:59 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
That is not true. The early warning feature kicks in whenever an attempt is made to move the car. No entry into the car or starting attempt is necessary. The feature involves an extra fob (about the size of a quarter) that I’ve attached to my regular IK fob.

This is from their website:
Thanks ... great info!