Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help iPhone 3g / G37 ipod cable

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:16 AM
kkokko
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out my post on here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/186479-does-base-car-have-ipod-hook-up.html#post2443701

Dealextreme has some 3g iphone charger for under 10$ shipped, works well with mine
Old 11-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by DannyA
Turns out that the passPort isn't very reliable. My phone suddenly rebooted on me while I was driving. It is now essentially fried. I just returned the passPort to the Apple store, and was given a new phone.
Well I wish I hadn't read your post from just a few hours earlier and ordered one! Sheesh!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by DannyA
I am currently using the Scosche passPort. It looks similar to the cable jive, but doesnt have the usb female connector on the side.

I mention this because the scosche site has it retail for $30, or you can buy it at the Apple store directly for $25.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS...mco=MjE1MDc5OQ
Well I got this POS. It seems to work properly (so far) as far as charging the phone, but it doesn't lock in so if I knock my phone off the center console, it comes right out. Do any of the other aftermarket 3G adapters actually lock into the phone like the OEM cords do?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:58 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Well I got this POS. It seems to work properly (so far) as far as charging the phone, but it doesn't lock in so if I knock my phone off the center console, it comes right out. Do any of the other aftermarket 3G adapters actually lock into the phone like the OEM cords do?
dealextreme! mine works well so far. I believe it does lock in it. I have both the 3g iphone aux and 3g iphone charger

i think it was like $5 shipped for black.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:30 PM
ObsidianGT

This one should work, too:

Kensington 4 in 1

As long as it uses "USB charging" instead of "Firewire charging". I might pick one up to test it out.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:36 AM
ObsidianGT

Originally Posted by ObsidianGT
This one should work, too:

Kensington 4 in 1

As long as it uses "USB charging" instead of "Firewire charging". I might pick one up to test it out.
Just reporting in. It's 5V and it works. Also, it's slimmer than the Scosche PassPORT so it fits much better in the center console. Basically, you plug the USB charger into the accessory port, plug the USB-to-iPod pass-thru cable into the iPod, and then plug the Infiniti iPod cable into the pass-thru cable. Since the pass-thru cable is removable, you can use the USB charger for other USB-chargeable devices.

The Scosche PassPORT is a bit too long for the center console compartment, but it does work. It takes the 12V trickle charge from the Infiniti iPod dock cable and converts it to 5V.

In both cases, you don't get the "accessory not supported" message anymore. You can get the Kengsington, and the Scosche PassPORT, from www.Newegg.com or www.Amazon.com.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:34 PM
DannyA

The Scosche PassPORT is a bit too long for the center console compartment, but it does work. It takes the 12V trickle charge from the Infiniti iPod dock cable and converts it to 5V.

In both cases, you don't get the "accessory not supported" message anymore. You can get the Kengsington, and the Scosche PassPORT, from www.Newegg.com or www.Amazon.com.
I'd be VERY careful with the passPORT. In fact I don't recommend using it as I had bought one when the passPORT debuted and plugged it in. The charging seemed to work as expected, but found out after only a few hours of use that it basically fried some components in the iPhone(I believe it was the baseband). I basically could not connect to the AT&T network nor any wifi stations. Apple had to issue me a new phone.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:18 PM
isointeractive

This site has the converter from ipod to iphone.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...n-for-g37.html
Old 12-22-2010, 11:57 PM
jmaxtr

Originally Posted by ObsidianGT
Just reporting in. It's 5V and it works. Also, it's slimmer than the Scosche PassPORT so it fits much better in the center console. Basically, you plug the USB charger into the accessory port, plug the USB-to-iPod pass-thru cable into the iPod, and then plug the Infiniti iPod cable into the pass-thru cable. Since the pass-thru cable is removable, you can use the USB charger for other USB-chargeable devices.

In both cases, you don't get the "accessory not supported" message anymore. You can get the Kengsington, and the Scosche PassPORT, from Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more! or Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more.
Sorry how do you "plug the Infinity ipod cable into the pass-through cable" if the pass through cable is plugged into the (iphone) on one side and the usb charger on the other.
I see how this can be used to charge the iphone/ipod but how is it connected to the 08 infinity cable?
Old 12-23-2010, 12:08 AM
voltic

Very simple.

You buy a Scosche passPort, plug the Infiniti cable into that, and plug the other end of that into your iPhone. If you have a coupe, it will be a tight squeeze and you'll be fitting your iPhone into the center console diagonally if you want it to close.

Also, gravedigger!

Last edited by voltic; 12-23-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:15 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Hmmm???

My iPhone charges. I just happened to have a dead phone leaving work, plugged it into my USB port, and it fired up, had a full charge in an hour.
Unfortunately my drive was 2 hours to get home.... damn LA traffic!!