Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Vossen experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Jesse_G37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vossen experience

I'm very disappointed in Vossen at this point... My CV3's held up for about 1 month before chipping and peeling... I should state that the wheels were no abused in ANY way.

I can not believe I paid $2400+ from CARID for a set of cast wheels... I could of gotten so much more. Never again!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:43 PM
BosMaSwaG37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesse_G37
I'm very disappointed in Vossen at this point... My CV3's held up for about 1 month before chipping and peeling... I should state that the wheels were no abused in ANY way.

I can not believe I paid $2400+ from CARID for a set of cast wheels... I could of gotten so much more. Never again!
Sorry to hear that man. Your story is the first i've heard. Hit up Jav from Vossen and tell him about it. They have really good customer service. I'm sure there's something they can do for you.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:55 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't give up on Vossen just yet make the attemp to contact them and tell them your issue! Could just be your set because myself among many others never had issues especially CV3s Wich I have ran for 3-4 months before and up to 16 sets of Vossens w no issues at all. Rare incident if u ask me, I can vouch for these wheels I have yet to run into a set that would bring any regrets to running multiple rims from them. Personally I wouldn't run any other wheels, I'm just giving 100% honesty and feedback I am not just saying this I really give honest reviews on all sets I have tried. Give them a shout that's all I'm saying. GL to u man hope u don't swap them out they truly are worth it.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Jesse_G37

Originally Posted by VossenG37S
Don't give up on Vossen just yet make the attemp to contact them and tell them your issue! Could just be your set because myself among many others never had issues especially CV3s Wich I have ran for 3-4 months before and up to 16 sets of Vossens w no issues at all. Rare incident if u ask me, I can vouch for these wheels I have yet to run into a set that would bring any regrets to running multiple rims from them. Personally I wouldn't run any other wheels, I'm just giving 100% honesty and feedback I am not just saying this I really give honest reviews on all sets I have tried. Give them a shout that's all I'm saying. GL to u man hope u don't swap them out they truly are worth it.
I appreciate your thoughts on the matter, but trust me when I say that I have tried everything possible before posting on here. I do not take posting on an open forum lightly as I know it can directly effect a companies profit and image. If my situation would of been taken care of, I would simply of not said anything and moved on. It is my understanding that you are sponsored by Vossen. I wouldn't bad mouth my sponsors either. I'm sorry, but as far as I'm concerned your word and opinion can easily be bought in your position. I'm not saying it is but I suggest everyone takes what you have to say about this brand with a BIG grain of salt.

I was like most of you and was very taken by the quality designs offered by Vossen. It wasn't until after I purchased the wheels and had my first round of issues that I started really researching these wheels. It is my understanding that these are a low pressure cast wheel which is one of the cheapest methods of making a wheel next to gravity casting. They come from overseas. The finish is very cheap quality. And they weigh a ton. We are actually "down grading" when we install these types of wheels on our G's. Our factory wheels are higher quality.

Basically, we are being raped on price for what we are getting from Vossen...

I have unfortunately given up on these wheels. I have installed snow tires on them and they are now my winter throw away set. I have a $2400.00 set of winter wheels... I spent about the same amount and got a set of Volks and I couldn't be happier. I wouldn't even consider selling these CV3's and making them someone else's problem.

I'm not trying to bash anyone or any company, but I think it is only fair that people realize what they are putting on their G's. These wheels are a 100% downgrade! They offer no performance upgrades (more downgrades...) and are simply a cosmetic piece for looks only. If that is what you are looking for, then fine. But please don't try and tell me that these wheels are any type of upgrade.

I was completely naive to the whole world of aftermarket wheels until this incident happened and now I can tell you anything you want to know about cast vs flow form vs forged, offsets, finishes, etc. I do not care how awesome a wheel looks, I will never buy based on design alone again.

/rant
Old 01-22-2012, 03:35 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I ran vossen's before n I can tell you the craftsmanship on the wheels is top notch. I didn't have any issues with my set. Vossen will definitely stay behind their product if something was to go wrong, Not many wheels company do that. Just bc a set is defective doesn't mean the all the wheels suck or their craftsmanship is wack. Vossen's FTW!!
Old 01-22-2012, 03:40 PM
VossenG37S

I think going with Vossens is a upgrade from stocks by far! Their concave designs and fitment has been perfect for these cars. At only 27 pounds I don't believe they are way heavier then stocks. Sorry for your bad experience man!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Jesse_G37

Originally Posted by VossenG37S
I think going with Vossens is a upgrade from stocks by far! Their concave designs and fitment has been perfect for these cars. At only 27 pounds I don't believe they are way heavier then stocks. Sorry for your bad experience man!
Explain to me how these are a performance upgrade from stock? Enkei manufactures our stock wheels and they are lighter then these. The stock rears weigh under 26lbs. The front CV3's weight 27lbs., the rear CV3's weigh closer to 32lbs.

I'm not discounting the design and fitment. They are great looking wheels with the proper offsets. But that is where it ends! Can you really justify a 2k + price tag for this alone? Does no one care that the are getting a cheaply made wheel from overseas for what you would pay for a custom forged multi-piece wheel?

If my wheels were defective, why did CARID and Vossen do nothing about it? I will tell you why, they have no wheels to replace mine with! I was informed by another vendor that Vossen pulled their inventory and no one can get these wheels right now. Hmmmmm sounds like their was an issue to me.

When I originally inquired about a replacement, the exact quote I received was, "Currently Vossen is out of CV3's." I inquired again several weeks later and received the same statement. Then I decided to called Vossen again and I stated that "I was in the market for a set of CV3's for my G37". They told me that they do not currently have any... I doubt that I was the only one that received a bad set from them and they pulled the rest of the wheels in that batch. Now they are sweeping me under the rug and pretending it never happened.

I did not want to state the above openly but I feel I need to so you can understand exactly what I have been dealing with. I never received a replacement set and CARID refuses to refund my money, "until Vossen gives them a clear direction of how to resolve the situation".

The above is not what I consider great customer service by either party. I completely understand that if you own these wheels, you do not want to feel bad about your purchase. I am not trying to make anyone regret purchasing these wheels. If your happy, then great!

I'm simply trying to warn others that are in the market for these to do their research. There are so many other brands out there that offer you a lot more for your money.

Last edited by Jesse_G37; 01-22-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:31 PM
VossenG37S

The price tag for Vossen wheels is really not much! Forged wheels for the same price ? Really where? Maby used curbed volks I guess. Comparing stocks to Vossens let's see you are going from yeah maby a slightly heavier wheel w 9.0 and a 10.5 rear w wider tires that I can honestly say YES they look better and ride better then stocks, performance is fantastic still lol, maby cause my 305 rear tires on the CV2s? Handles so sick amd grips so nice. The looks and fitment is why I love them! I was never going for performance upgrades when searching for wheels but for looks, these are the best IMHO.

Back to Patriots vs Baltimore lol.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:32 PM
NoKaOi G37X
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Explain to me how these are a performance upgrade from stock? Enkei manufactures our stock wheels and they are lighter then these. The stock rears weigh under 26lbs. The front CV3's weight 27lbs., the rear CV3's weigh closer to 32lbs.

I'm not discounting the design and fitment. They are great looking wheels with the proper offsets. But that is where it ends! Can you really justify a 2k + price tag for this alone? Does no one care that the are getting a cheaply made wheel from overseas for what you would pay for a custom forged multi-piece wheel?

If my wheels were defective, why did CARID and Vossen do nothing about it? I will tell you why, they have no wheels to replace mine with! I was informed by another vendor that Vossen pulled their inventory and no one can get these wheels right now. Hmmmmm sounds like their was an issue to me.

When I originally inquired about a replacement, the exact quote I received was, "Currently Vossen is out of CV3's." I inquired again several weeks later and received the same statement. Then I decided to called Vossen again and I stated that "I was in the market for a set of CV3's for my G37". They told me that they do not currently have any... I doubt that I was the only one that received a bad set from them and they pulled the rest of the wheels in that batch. Now they are sweeping me under the rug and pretending it never happened.

I did not want to state the above openly but I feel I need to so you can understand exactly what I have been dealing with. I never received a replacement set and CARID refuses to refund my money, "until Vossen gives them a clear direction of how to resolve the situation".

The above is not what I consider great customer service by either party. I completely understand that if you own these wheels, you do not want to feel bad about your purchase. I am not trying to make anyone regret purchasing these wheels. If your happy, then great!

I'm simply trying to warn others that are in the market for these to do their research. There are so many other brands out there that offer you a lot more for your money.

Thanks for the information. I'm looking at different wheels and was considering Vossen, Stock IPL's and other Enkei. While you maybe be in the minority I helps me decide what to buy. Thanks again.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
OP I am very sorry for your poor experience. Vossen is one of the most involved and attentive vendors on this forum (and a number of others). You have to realize that they do an exceptional job of marketing. There are many fanboys of their product who will not realize that a million satisfied customers doesn't help you if you are the one guy that has a major issue that cannot be resolved satisfactorily. That's why they love them and you don't, it's all about perspective. Yes you are right in that they have popular designs and less than stunning build process. They will always be popular becasue they are not crazy expensive like custom forged wheels and they have done a great job of implanting themselves into the car community. Their people are very accessible. They have built a cult like following. They are a lower priced alternative to high end forged wheels but they still retain some of that look. The majority of wheel buyers on this forum don't know or care at all about performance and build quality of the wheels they buy, just if they are popular, affordable, and look good.

Yes, you could have found better wheels performance wise for what they cost. But I guess you have found that out now after doing your research after the fact. Lesson learned.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:04 PM
G2B_TWINTURBO

Hey listen if u don't want them I'll take them .... I love the rims and all I have to do is reprint them simple and fast how much u want ?? Or there do bad ill have them pay shipping and handling ... I don't mind I don't want u having nightmares cause there near you
Old 01-22-2012, 05:05 PM
G2B_TWINTURBO

Sorry excuse my typing ... Repaint * and if there that bad let me have them *
Old 01-22-2012, 05:08 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I prefer vossen wheels over the stock 19's anyday.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry to hear the issue. Most wheels that are cast and popular are heavy. No doubt forged light wheels are the way to go, but then your looking at around $3,500.00 up and most would rather settle for cast at around $1,800.00. I don't think u can get forged wheels for $2,500.00? At least not quality light wheels new.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:17 PM
G2B_TWINTURBO

Relax people this guy probably bought fake ones ... Like people buy fake rolex :-) and one of u think the price was ba why did you buy them in the first place ? No one made you do it ..... So now u probably hit something and what your money back or a free rim ....

Quick Reply: Vossen experience