Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Vossen experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 05:18 PM
G2B_TWINTURBO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If * bad* want * damn iPhone
Old 01-22-2012, 05:19 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G2B_TWINTURBO
Hey listen if u don't want them I'll take them .... I love the rims and all I have to do is reprint them simple and fast how much u want ?? Or there do bad ill have them pay shipping and handling ... I don't mind I don't want u having nightmares cause there near you
I'm second on that
Old 01-22-2012, 05:21 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
God I miss my CV3s, they sure made me happy and turned so many heads vs Stock 19s Ha.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Jesse_G37

VossenG37S,

If turning heads is what you are going for then great! I'm not arguing that these wheels don't look great (when the finish doesn't fail). I bought my new Volks for 2890.00 Shipped. I got quoted on a set of iForged for 3100.00. When your talking 2400.00, those prices are not far off. You can easily get a nice set of used Volks in great condition for around 2000.00 to 2500.00 if your willing to look around. What other cast wheels (besides BBS) can you show me that even come close to Vossen's price? At least with BBS your getting the fancy name, lol...

I'm not going to argue the laws of physics with you. (4) heavy pieces of cast aluminum spinning on your vehicle is not good for performance no matter what you believe. I can install a 305 on a 20x10.5 piece of steel that weighs 60lbs and it is going to stick, lol... (exaggerated example) If you go wider you will stick better regardless of build and weight. That is not the argument.

NoKaOi G37X,

Glad I can help. Also check out Forgestar. They have the CF5 which is very similar design to the CV3 and is much better quality and lower in price (I think 1800 is the lowest I found for 20x9 / 20x10.5). They are flow formed (weigh much less), custom offsets, custom sizes, and powder coated finish. I almost bought these before I decided to spring for Volks. PM me if you want, I did a lot of research on these.

Black Betty,

Thanks for your POV. I agree with you 100%. The purpose of my posts were not to bash or harm anyone or any company. As a car enthusiast and as a part of my local car community, I feel it is my duty to let other know what I have found. I hate seeing what I believe to be unfair. I know there are countless others that will read this and reconsider. That's all I want.

Everyone else,

As for the other comments, wow... You obviously didn't read what was posted. These are not replicas, they are real and all attempts to rectify my issues have been exhausted. Vossen can not replace my wheels because there any no wheels to replace them with. But don't listen to me, contact some vendors and see what the lead times currently are. If they tell you they are in-stock, they are lying. Like I said previously, there were issues with the wheels, hence the unavailability of them...
Old 01-22-2012, 05:58 PM
VossenG37S

They are unavailable because so many have sold, I even tried to get another set and I got to wait, I'm sure if they were in stock u would get replaced however they in fact are sold out and are waiting more shipment. I'm getting another set of cV3 but got to wait, it's all good.

I also have my buddy who went from CV3 to 19S sport wheels and ran 245/275 and still he feels the cv3 w 245/285 gave a better road feel/handling/ etc.... , I won't argue the laws of physics either, I'm missing my game lol. Anyway it's all good man enjoy the volks they are nice for that price ! I still will say though Vossens can't be beat for the money.

Last edited by VossenG37S; 01-22-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Info on your Volks for $2890 shipped please. PM me if you want. Which wheels, what size and offset, what finish, what vendor?

Keep in mind that almost any vendor that has happy customers will have folks speak up in their defense when another customer has a problem with their product or service. Particularly if they are sponsored by or friends with the vendor. That's just how the forum is. Most forums for that matter.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:35 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesse_G37
VossenG37S,

If turning heads is what you are going for then great! I'm not arguing that these wheels don't look great (when the finish doesn't fail). I bought my new Volks for 2890.00 Shipped. I got quoted on a set of iForged for 3100.00. When your talking 2400.00, those prices are not far off. You can easily get a nice set of used Volks in great condition for around 2000.00 to 2500.00 if your willing to look around. What other cast wheels (besides BBS) can you show me that even come close to Vossen's price? At least with BBS your getting the fancy name, lol...

I'm not going to argue the laws of physics with you. (4) heavy pieces of cast aluminum spinning on your vehicle is not good for performance no matter what you believe. I can install a 305 on a 20x10.5 piece of steel that weighs 60lbs and it is going to stick, lol... (exaggerated example) If you go wider you will stick better regardless of build and weight. That is not the argument.

NoKaOi G37X,

Glad I can help. Also check out Forgestar. They have the CF5 which is very similar design to the CV3 and is much better quality and lower in price (I think 1800 is the lowest I found for 20x9 / 20x10.5). They are flow formed (weigh much less), custom offsets, custom sizes, and powder coated finish. I almost bought these before I decided to spring for Volks. PM me if you want, I did a lot of research on these.

Black Betty,

Thanks for your POV. I agree with you 100%. The purpose of my posts were not to bash or harm anyone or any company. As a car enthusiast and as a part of my local car community, I feel it is my duty to let other know what I have found. I hate seeing what I believe to be unfair. I know there are countless others that will read this and reconsider. That's all I want.

Everyone else,

As for the other comments, wow... You obviously didn't read what was posted. These are not replicas, they are real and all attempts to rectify my issues have been exhausted. Vossen can not replace my wheels because there any no wheels to replace them with. But don't listen to me, contact some vendors and see what the lead times currently are. If they tell you they are in-stock, they are lying. Like I said previously, there were issues with the wheels, hence the unavailability of them...
Well, what are you looking for in a wheel? You obviously don't want unsprung weight, so are you planning to go FI or what is your overall goal with wheels? There are many different opinions on unsprung weight....
Old 01-22-2012, 06:44 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
*I 100% can't believe any of this. The Vossen vendors are on here NONstop, are very direct/upfront/honest business men, and are some of the easiest to work with guys you can ever work with. They back up all of their products to the very end.

*The price of Vossens is DIRT cheap for what you get! 2800 for Volks shipped??? WHERE????? Prove it! I just dropped over 3300 for my 3 piece wheels, so lets see it....

*Last but not least....Are we really comparing Vossens for performance? I'm prrrrrretty sure NO ONE purchases them for a pure performance need, so how can you possibly be worried about the weight over stock wheels if you purchased them?
Old 01-22-2012, 06:53 PM
VossenG37S

Lance I agree with you 100% most of us Vossen users buy specifically for looks an fitment, if u want performance then yeah go with 3500-5000 Forged 3 piece lightweight wheels. Everytime I swap wheels I only seek offsets and tires for specific fitment, I'm all about the exterior looks. Performance been an issue cause driving a stock G and my car back to back I still feel w my set up rides excellent and is better then stock.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:12 PM
MJmoonwalker

Dude vossen from what I know, have great customer service what you need to do is call there (1-800) line explain your problem and let them know what's going on vossen is a premier company with loyalty to there customers and product... It's a fact every top company has a bad batch you just happen to be that guy the cv3s are amazing wheels and vossen backs them 100% just give them a call and let them know... I'm sure they will take care of you or tell you what you need to do...
Old 01-23-2012, 01:46 PM
BosMaSwaG37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by VossenG37S
Ahhh man! All good ok back to topic do OP post your pics ASAP cause I wanna see them 82s now.
Yo D if I lived in MIA my wheels would have been on the day I got them, ha! Just got snow the other day. I'll take pics of them sitting in my living room so you can see how fresh and clean they are haha. Thanks for my first thread-jack Jesse_G37! Always a pleasure to see that happen
Old 01-23-2012, 02:46 PM
dagon68
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Also kep in mind that the stock rims are cast. I was worried about cast wheels until I found out the stocks are cast as well. I am now a happy owner of Vossens.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:06 PM
VossenG37S

Lots of love for Vossens ! I'm currently a proud owner of these bad boys !

Old 01-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Mike@Vossen
SUPPORT AUTHENTICITY!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure how I missed this thread. Jesse_G37, sorry to hear about your troubles, please PM me or email me at mike@vossenwheels.com if you don't mind. Thank you. We have numerous examples of people happy with our resolution process so please contact me (and this is for any member of this forum )

dagon68, Vossen Wheels are actually low pressure cast which is a more intensive process than most OEM Cast wheels.

This is our warranty which is on our website.

Vossen Wheels

Our Industry Leading Warranty

Our warranty is a statement of confidence in the quality of our wheels. Every Vossen wheel is put through the highest standard in testing and quality control. These high standards allow us to provide an industry leading 5 year workmanship warranty and a lifetime structural warranty, which proves we stand behind our product 100%.

Within the first 5 years of ownership, if any defects in material or workmanship arise under normal and reasonable use when properly installed and maintained, Vossen Wheels will replace or refinish your wheels free of charge. Our lifetime structural warranty will guarantee the replacement of your wheel in the event of a structural failure caused by a manufacturer defect. Please contact us for our warranty guidelines and a return authorization number to file a claim.

We take great pride in the warranty that we offer to our customers. The bottom line is that a warranty is only as good as the company that stands behind it.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Jav@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Jesse_G37
I'm very disappointed in Vossen at this point... My CV3's held up for about 1 month before chipping and peeling... I should state that the wheels were no abused in ANY way.

I can not believe I paid $2400+ from CARID for a set of cast wheels... I could of gotten so much more. Never again!
Hey Jesse, sorry to hear about the problem you are having with our wheels.

I just had a staff meeting and no one is aware of any G37/CV3 warranty issue... And I just called the company that you said you purchased the wheels from (CARID) and they said that so far they have never had any warranty claims on any CV3 wheels.

So as of right now, no one is aware of any issues you are having with your wheels. Can you please email me some images of the defects as well as your contact information to: jav@vossenwheels.com.

Thanks,

Jav

Quick Reply: Vossen experience