Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Forged Performance - My Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 11:35 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
They were testing Juan & DPJones cars before handing them over to the customer

Old 04-17-2010, 11:41 AM
dpjones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
They were testing Juan & DPJones cars before handing them over to the customer

Awesome!!!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 11:45 AM
dpjones

I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to everyone out there that has sent me positive replies and PMs. I simply don't have the time to reply to everyone of them individually....not to mention this is on two other forums as well. This has been a crazy long road, and at times has consumed me.....ask my wife or my boss Hopefully the end is in sight and I will finally have a TT G37 before my brand new car is 2 or 3 model years old
Old 04-17-2010, 12:06 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol good luck and you have support from us on the other forums as well.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Hexxum001
FIGHT ON!!!

Originally Posted by dpjones
I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to everyone out there that has sent me positive replies and PMs. I simply don't have the time to reply to everyone of them individually....not to mention this is on two other forums as well. This has been a crazy long road, and at times has consumed me.....ask my wife or my boss Hopefully the end is in sight and I will finally have a TT G37 before my brand new car is 2 or 3 model years old
Keep your head up bro. Sam and GTM will take good care of you and you will be enjoying your TT sedan soon. Hopefully Sharif wises up and settles this instead of trying to blame everyone else but himself.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:50 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I think the funniest thing about all this is that Modme installed it all himself in his garage with basic tools in about 4 weeks.

Forged a 'top tuner' shop with lifts and multiple employees cannot install a basic bolt on kit in under a year without demolishing it.

And why did both cars end up with collision damamge? WTF Forged, are they playing bumper cars after work or something?

Modme should come out with ModForged. Double the quality, half the cost.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Loi

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Keep your head up bro. Sam and GTM will take good care of you and you will be enjoying your TT sedan soon. Hopefully Sharif wises up and settles this instead of trying to blame everyone else but himself.
What if it turns out that Sharif was the installer all along......
Old 04-17-2010, 02:39 PM
DashKid
Banned

HOLY ****. I don't personally know FP but F**K that is some sh!tty as work.

To the OP. Good thing you hired a lawyer since FP has no ***** to fully admit they f**ked up and won't pay for any of your bills.

Keep us updated and my best hope and wishes are with you.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Hexxum001
FIGHT ON!!!

Originally Posted by Loi
What if it turns out that Sharif was the installer all along......
If Sharif was the installer all along . . . . well then FP is fvcked. But I don't think that is the case. I think Sharif just hired some knuckleheads that butchered these installs. Where Sharif really effed up was in the QC department. He should have been keeping close tabs on projects of this magnitude to insure that everything was being done right. The car was there for months, so there is no excuse for him not knowing. So it is either some bigtime negligence on Sharif's part or he simply didn't care. Either way, he is going to have to pay for the horrible job that FP did on these G's.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:31 PM
J2S2M

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Good luck to OP settling this in the court.. I hope that justice is served to all parties and that FP will be forced to compensate you & GTM from all the repercussions for their mistakes.

I am glad to see that you have documented everything in detail via photos, invoices, emails, PM's, etc which will all benefit you greatly when presenting your complaint in court. I really commend you for being able to keep calm & staying professional throughout this whole mess. Most importantly, having the ***** to share with the community/public so that no one else is forced to have similar experiences through FP.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
I find it hard to believe that the man-in-charge would not know about the "modifications" taking place on all these parts to make them fit. I know the shop floor can be busy and noisy but how long can a guy just sit there and beat a on a pipe until someone asks, "dude, what are you doing?"
Old 04-17-2010, 09:22 PM
deepFlip

exactly ^ lol
Old 04-17-2010, 10:45 PM
patmsb1

Any good repair / service shop always has a service manager or someone else in charge to make sure the work has been properly completed so these problems with the customer are avoided. You always make sure that you protect your business reputation by just doing your job right and when problems do come up you make sure the customer is informed and if it's your fault then you just correct it. I have made some mistakes in my line of work and when I use this approach with my customer's they appreciate it and are more than willing to work with me and still recommend my service to other people. But there are people out there you just can't make them understand problems do come up no matter what you say or do. Believe me you don't want these type of customers and just suck it up and take the hit. I hope everything works out for you and please post some videos when you finally get your car back.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:58 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
I find it hard to believe that the man-in-charge would not know about the "modifications" taking place on all these parts to make them fit. I know the shop floor can be busy and noisy but how long can a guy just sit there and beat a on a pipe until someone asks, "dude, what are you doing?"
I agree with you. Like I posted the man-in-charge should of checked out the car when finished and during the install.

God if he beat on my car like that I found out. I would of took the parts off and shoved it up his A$$
Old 04-17-2010, 11:51 PM
camp3r

Speechless!!!!

Quick Reply: Forged Performance - My Experience