Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

HPAutoworks

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Bird_Jenkins8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HPAutoworks

Andy at HPAutoworks...

Ordered a set of Tein S-Tech springs as well as a set of Vossen 084 wheels - Brushed Aluminum w/Black Accent Finish 20x9.0 and 20x10.5 and Vredestein Tires 245/30-20 & 285/25-20. Received the springs in about a week and thought the wheels and tires would soon follow. Three weeks go by and I email Andy asking him what the hold up is on the wheels and tires. He advises that he didn't have them in stock and had to order the wheels directly from the manufacturer and tires from a different company. Another two weeks goes by and still no wheels and tires. Andy stated the wheels would be in by the end of that week and tires were in house. Provided me with a UPS tracking number that following Monday and states the wheels and tires would be in TX by Sat. Saturday comes and no wheels and tires. Send Andy another email and try to call him and the response I get is they'll be here that following Monday. (All this time the UPS system still shows the items haven't been received at the hub, but that the shipping info has been received.) Monday comes and no wheels and tires. At this point its been over two months and I proceed to ask Andy for my money back, only he now doesn't have my money. Advsd. he's waiting on refund check from UPS now and would know something by the end of that week. End of the week comes and apparently UPS has issued a check to Andy, but it was mailed and once he receives it, will deposit and send me a refund. Week goes by that Andy is to receive check and he proceeds to tell me he did receive the check and was waiting to deposit funds. Next Monday rolls around and still no refund. I proceed to call UPS and they state no refund check was ever issued and I should file a claim with PayPal. Proceed to file claim with PayPal which I won, but no money was in the account Andy had used so they couldn't proceed to issue funds. Advised by PayPal to request chargeback from credit card company which I did. Andy advises me he can pay me back in installments of $300-$400 a month. Credit card company took two days to side in my favor and return funds to me. All in all, it took me 5minutes to send over $3,000 for wheels and tires and over three months for me to get my money back.

Proceed to reorder wheels with Derrick from D2Autosports and both wheels and tires were received in less then two weeks. Couldn't be happier with the experience I had with Derrick and he stayed in constant communication with me.

I have all emails, Paypal information, and any other information received from beginning to end if anyone questions my transaction with Andy. Wouldn't recommend doing business with him to anyone after what transpired over a 3-4 month period.....honestly don't feel he should be viewed as a reputable vendor on this site anymore regardless of what transactions have transpired with other members. Its ridiculous that you front someone that kind of money for wheels and tires and they somehow don't have the money for refund when asked for.

Last edited by Bird_Jenkins8; 01-06-2010 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Removed Vendor Title....
Old 01-06-2010, 11:32 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Wow. I ordered my GT Spec STB and Eibach's from Andy, got them here pretty quick. But this was in late 2008.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Bird_Jenkins8

Got my springs in no time.....wheels and tires, not so much.

Andy basically attempted to screw me out of $3,000+

Same scenario has occurred with others I've spoken with as well
Old 01-06-2010, 01:04 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had a set of Tanabe Sustecs on order since June 09, Andy keep saying in a month.. in another month... nobody else can get them either we all buy from the same guy. Apparently that's not the case as Lou can get them. So I'm attempting to cancel my order and be refunded.

In the past Andy has been straight up and returned calls promptly, I don't know what's going on now. He's not returned my calls and you can never reach him at the shop number. His signature is reporting banned so I take it he's been banned from the site?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^ Yup he's long gone. Sorry to hear about your guys' troubles. His failure to come through and poor business practices is what caused him to be banned from the site.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:54 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anyone know what happened? Is Andy still on other sites?
Old 01-06-2010, 04:42 PM
g37rider

Obviously Andy took the money and ran to pay off someone else he screwed, created a UPS shipping label to register the imaginary shipment in the UPS systems, then gave you the run-around for three months. What a jerk-off.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:12 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
that sucks to hear...I know some people (including myself) had good experiences with him, but that's just not acceptable for that to be happening. I hope it all works out with you guys getting your $$ back and working things out.

At least we've still got Amplified, Autokits, Limited Edition, 180Customs, and the handful of other honest vendors going for us
Old 01-06-2010, 05:21 PM
amoney805

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
He tried to jack me for $1800 for an HKS exhaust a while back. Kept promising me a refund week after week and blamed the delay on the CC company. I finally issued a claim and got my money back. I think his strategy is to keep giving empty promises until the statute of limitations runs out and you can longer file a claim through your credit card company.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:34 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Yeah I feel your pain. Overall I'd say that I had some positive experience dealing with Andy and when things took a lot longer than expected (5 months on my XIX wheels) it was the XIX and not him who screwed up. My rule of thumbs when dealing with any vendor on this forum is to always get confirmation that the part is available in stock before even placing an order. If not, then I'll call the manufacturer directly to find out availability before placing an order. I really dislike waiting for part beyond a couple of weeks.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:23 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Andy's started off on this site great. Everyone swore by his customer service and prices which were unbeatable. Up until beginning of 2009, we start receiving complaints. It was hard to believe Andy would do such a thing the first time that happened. But we thought, oh well, **** happens. But then complaints started rushing in one after the other and they kept piling up till they got to a point where it was simply BS. IB later on decided to ask him to take his business elsewhere and was banned off all IB sites.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:24 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Andy's started off on this site great. Everyone swore by his customer service and prices which were unbeatable. Up until beginning of 2009, we start receiving complaints. It was hard to believe Andy would do such a thing the first time that happened. But we thought, oh well, **** happens. But then complaints started rushing in one after the other and they kept piling up till they got to a point where it was simply BS. IB later on decided to ask him to take his business elsewhere and was banned off all IB sites.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:13 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That svcks!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:13 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So wonder if that means we don't still have lifetime warranty on the Xenon HID capsules?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:14 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ we still have it.. juz email him and he should take care of u

Quick Reply: HPAutoworks