Go Back  MyG37 > Tech Area > TSB - Technical Bulletins
Reload this Page >

[TSB] Electronic Steering Column Lock (ESCL)

Notices
TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

[TSB] Electronic Steering Column Lock (ESCL)

Old 11-16-2015, 05:39 PM
steene

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Model Year: 2011
Model Type: G25
Mileage: 62,750
Cost of Repair: $1200 parts + $460 labor = $1660 total

Same as others, both key fobs could lock/unlock the doors but could not start the car. Tried the override key slot to the left of the steering wheel but still didn't work. Stranded in an empty parking lot at night, AAA sent someone to jump the car, which didn't work. Took another 2 hours for a tow to the dealer, which was closed. The next morning, it only took a few hours for the dealer to figure it out and let me know it'll cost over $1500 to fix since the 5-year/60k-mile warranty ended 2,750 miles ago.

While they did the work, I found these forums reporting the same problem, but the dealer couldn't/wouldn't cover the cost since Infiniti hasn't issued a recall itself.

Last edited by steene; 11-16-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:08 PM
midnightmenace

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post
Mine failed today. Luckily it was intermittent, after hitting the start button and wiggling the steering wheel a few times I got it to unlock. After that I searched the issue and found this: Steering Lock: cut one wire. /switch optional - Nissan 370Z Forum

It was a super simple fix. Just cut one wire while its unlocked and you will never have to worry about the failure again. This just saved me the $1100+ others are paying to have this fixed.

By the way mine is:
2010 G37x
79,XXX miles
Can someone who's done this before explain which wire to cut?

I've got a 2008 G37S

Thanks!