The M - Spot General discussion for the M35/M45

m37 bose audio

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 06:14 PM
allied

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m37 bose audio

hi all, i just installed a sub amp at best buy and when the car is in idle or you acelerate a litle it mekes a huming noise?
they said is the noise cancelling system in the car. they taped in the factory sub cables.

any suggestions

thanks.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Bombay

Can I ask you Question, Why? That system already rocks!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:57 AM
pauliewalnutzz
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Did you check if a hummingbird flew in your car??
Old 08-02-2011, 09:45 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
yes the noise cancellation has two microphones in the car, one by the sunglass holder, one in the rear....

and two.... why the hell would you go to best buy to have a system installed?
Old 08-02-2011, 10:20 AM
clutch5

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not knowing the layout of the noice cancelling system, I guess it's possible in theory that they added wires or cables that run parallel to some of the noice cancelling circuitry, or the power or ground of the new amp is inducing noise. I don't know how they could be so sure that the noise cancelling is the issue however (how did they conclude that?). I mean, if they know the cause, it seems they should be able to resolve it either with extra shielding or re-routing wires or power supply filtering or different grounding. Are they saying they hooked it up and whatever happens from there is not their problem?
Old 08-03-2011, 12:41 AM
allied

Originally Posted by Bombay
Can I ask you Question, Why? That system already rocks!!!
i like deeper bass the sub in that car is not good for lower hz
Old 08-03-2011, 12:44 AM
allied

Originally Posted by da mayor
yes the noise cancellation has two microphones in the car, one by the sunglass holder, one in the rear....

and two.... why the hell would you go to best buy to have a system installed?
its just a 2channel amp install, i really did not want to run wires my self . if it would have been a full install like i did with my g defenetly not them.

they actually did i nice job!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:50 AM
allied

Originally Posted by clutch5
Not knowing the layout of the noice cancelling system, I guess it's possible in theory that they added wires or cables that run parallel to some of the noice cancelling circuitry, or the power or ground of the new amp is inducing noise. I don't know how they could be so sure that the noise cancelling is the issue however (how did they conclude that?). I mean, if they know the cause, it seems they should be able to resolve it either with extra shielding or re-routing wires or power supply filtering or different grounding. Are they saying they hooked it up and whatever happens from there is not their problem?
found the problem...they taped into the sub cables for signal.. at idle and low rev the bose noise cancelling sends a signal to 4 main speakers and sub to cancel noise.. by taping to the sub that signal gets amplified and sound comes out the new bigger sub!

if you tap into the other speaker you get a weaker high hz signal tha makes the sub sound like shi!!!..
Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 PM
DHCrocks

so what was the solution? I want to install a sub in my car too but not if it's going to introduce noise.

Where did they tap for the source, at the speaker wires or before the bose amp?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:12 AM
equetefue

Interested in knowing where to tap as well.

Not to hijack, but can the rest of the speakers be replaced for better ones ?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:07 PM
allied

i taped at the sub speker wires, singal from head to amp is digital so a high to low converter wont work. still working a solution for the low hz hum, keep in mind you would only have this problem on cars equiped with the 16 speaker bose system.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:32 PM
marsb007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the same problem... ended up getting some inline high-pass filters (I assume they were 100hz). It was just something I had from about 10 years ago when I was doing stuff like this... You're just getting engine whine (typically around 30mph was the worst for me).

I think BB has some filters you can ground really well and maybe the problem will go away....

Just so you know, I realized that my amp was always turned to low via the **** that I had mounted, so I ended up taking out the system completely (on the upside, I should have my hearing for slightly longer, and I've shed 50 lbs out of my trunk...)

Good luck...
Old 01-26-2015, 01:16 PM
xclusivex

Seems like it should be an easy fix. Like others said, you're getting feedback because of the Active Noise Cancellation system. Try unplugging the Microphones, Without an input signal of noise, The amp shouldn't be outputting the cancelation effect.
Old 02-12-2024, 10:57 AM
M37baby

Voice cancellation

Originally Posted by allied
hi all, i just installed a sub amp at best buy and when the car is in idle or you acelerate a litle it mekes a huming noise?
they said is the noise cancelling system in the car. they taped in the factory sub cables.

any suggestions

thanks.

hey I had to clip my voice canceling wire it was back by the stock amp when I closed my doors my subs would hummmm but I noticed my intelligence brake assist is off all the time and my cruise light is always on hmm?