Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Recommendations for a shop that does a proper tranny oil flush

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 10:20 AM
gman69
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Recommendations for a shop that does a proper tranny oil flush

Hey everyone, Can any of you let me know where you have taken your Infiniti to get the transmission flushed? Also let me know how much you paid for it. Looking for a location on the Orange County or Inland Empire area.
Thanks..
Old 06-19-2017, 11:03 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
It's a closed system that can only be performed at a dealership. Paid about $300 for my flush? Could see if a Nissan location could do it for cheaper
Old 06-19-2017, 11:19 AM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
I was going to have it done at Mission Viejo Infiniti, but I didn't see the coupon when I looked on Thursday, I am hoping it will be back soon. My car could really use it. It was 229.95 I missed my appointment, I prob should have just called and found out if it was still at the deal price.

Orange County INFINITI Service Specials | Auto Repair Coupons CA
Old 06-19-2017, 11:27 AM
gman69
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RMB5190
It's a closed system that can only be performed at a dealership. Paid about $300 for my flush? Could see if a Nissan location could do it for cheaper
Correct me if I'm wrong but there are people on this forum that have done it themselves. So I'm guessing that another shop other then a Infiniti dealership would be able to do it as well. I hate taking my car's to dealerships..
Old 06-19-2017, 11:29 AM
gman69
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ezbme
I was going to have it done at Mission Viejo Infiniti, but I didn't see the coupon when I looked on Thursday, I am hoping it will be back soon. My car could really use it. It was 229.95 I missed my appointment, I prob should have just called and found out if it was still at the deal price.

Have you had it done before? How many miles are on your car? Feel any difference after you had it done?
Old 06-19-2017, 11:42 AM
ezbme
Registered Member

Haven't had it done yet. The car has around 44k since the last one, I bought the car 7k ago. I wish they had done it before it was sold to me, I bought it there. They tell me it is available til the end of the month. It isn't on their site right now. With summer heat and all, it is good to replace your fluid. I might set up the appointment this week or early next week.

There are people who do it themselves. Some even use non-factory fluid like Valvoline, or Amsoil. I have seen the fluid as low as 8 a quart, but shipping isn't included. The car has 9.7 quarts. The safest thing is to get a drain and fill, the flush will take pretty much ever ounce of the old fluid. Every once in a while the car will rev more in 1st and there can be a little clunk when in sport mode and it shifts down from 2nd.

I know that my old 330i, would start in 2nd when not pressed too hard. Ours always start in first. I wish that wasn't the case. Bmw was ahead of their time in the 80s and 90s not so the case now, they seem lost. I thought about getting a 2007 330i, but I didn't like how they keep putting more stuff in the way of the engine. The E36 were very easy to work on, the E46, a little harder, and then they made it even worse on the E90. I haven't looked closely at the newer ones.

How did you get the auto start? Was that part of the car, I wouldn't mind that feature. I wish these cars came with the duel injectors like the Lexus, they would probably have 20 more hp. I also wish they had the folding mirrors and turn signals on the mirrors. From what I understand the ECM and TCM don't communicate well. Might eventually get a tune, but I want to do more maintenance first.

Last edited by ezbme; 06-19-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:47 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gman69
Correct me if I'm wrong but there are people on this forum that have done it themselves. So I'm guessing that another shop other then a Infiniti dealership would be able to do it as well. I hate taking my car's to dealerships..
Not from what I've read. It's a closed system that is emptied using some sort of special pump that Infiniti uses. They use a specific fluid too but the whole thing was created this way so people wouldn't be destroying transmissions while attempting this themselves.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:57 PM
gman69
Registered Member

Haven't had it done yet. The car has around 44k since the last one, I bought the car 7k ago. I wish they had done it before it was sold to me, I bought it there. They tell me it is available til the end of the month. It isn't on their site right now. With summer heat and all, it is good to replace your fluid. I might set up the appointment this week or early next week.

There are people who do it themselves. Some even use non-factory fluid like Valvoline, or Amsoil. I have seen the fluid as low as 8 a quart, but shipping isn't included. The car has 9.7 quarts. The safest thing is to get a drain and fill, the flush will take pretty much ever ounce of the old fluid. Every once in a while the car will rev more in 1st and there can be a little clunk when in sport mode and it shifts down from 2nd.

I know that my old 330i, would start in 2nd when not pressed too hard. Ours always start in first. I wish that wasn't the case. Bmw was ahead of their time in the 80s and 90s not so the case now, they seem lost. I thought about getting a 2007 330i, but I didn't like how they keep putting more stuff in the way of the engine. The E36 were very easy to work on, the E46, a little harder, and then they made it even worse on the E90. I haven't looked closely at the newer ones.

How did you get the auto start? Was that part of the car, I wouldn't mind that feature. I wish these cars came with the duel injectors like the Lexus, they would probably have 20 more hp. I also wish they had the folding mirrors and turn signals on the mirrors. From what I understand the ECM and TCM don't communicate well. Might eventually get a tune, but I want to do more maintenance first.
Your quote ( The car has around 44k since the last one) ?? Since the last one what? You have or haven't had your tranny oil changed? I love my Infiniti but I hate the way our trannys shift sometimes. When I'm cruising and want to accelerate a little faster then normal it always kicks down a gear or two as if I floored it and takes off... I think that's what they all do. I know changing the oil won't help but I can't see keeping the same oil in there forever. I have 76K on my 2013 and I've let it go to long and need to get it done.
As far as my auto start I had that installed back in Jan of 2016. The installer is located in Corona. The same company installed an auto start in my 2007 Mustang Gt 5-speed. I bought the Mustang brand new in 2007 and that was the first thing I had installed. Most shops won't install an auto start with a manual transmission.. But this guy didn't care.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:16 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Change out your diff and trans case fluid if you haven't done so. Might make things smooth out;
Old 06-19-2017, 03:19 PM
gman69
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RMB5190
Change out your diff and trans case fluid if you haven't done so. Might make things smooth out;
My diff was already done at 42,000 miles.... Well see how it runs after I get the tranny done..
Old 06-19-2017, 04:10 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

I have the Diff fluid sitting at home, I plan on doing it when I do my brakes..I have that sitting at home as well. Got ATE typ200m, Hawk Rotors, Akebono ASP Pads, and Mobil 1 for the Diff. My local Nissan store uses Mobil 1 for the diff.

Yes, the transmission was serviced at 120,900 or so. I was going to have it serviced last Friday, they took off the deal on their site. Since they have it back now, I will probably bring it in Thursday or so. The car has 165,700 approx, and 158xxx when I bought it. I have a list of the service done by the dealership. They replaced the rear brakes, rear tires and did an oil change. I am sure they inspected a good amount of the wear items. I will probably need some suspension parts too.

I put Amsoil in my old bmw's, only did a drain and fill once. One had the typical reverse gear go out at 212k and I sold it. The other one for some reason had a big leak. My mechanic fixed the car, but it has lost about 2 quarts and I probably shouldn't have drove it to his shop. The car had several issues and was 17 years old, so I sold it to the dealer. That one had a slight delay going into reverse. Both shifted well, even after their problems.

Last edited by ezbme; 06-19-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:26 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Yea it's tough, these motors can last quite a while if you take care of them so if the trans goes then your kind of in a dilemma. Do you repair the trans and hope the engine continues or just move on? From what I've read and have seen, if you get the services done for the trans, diff and t.case every 40k miles then there's no reason this car won't stay alive. The 7AT isn't as stout as the 6MT but it will hang in there if you go against Infiniti's recommendation and get it serviced sooner rather than never.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:25 AM
gman69
Registered Member

I'm looking at the link you posted. I don't see the coupon that says $229.00 for the tranny service. Can you pm me the link or post it here? Thanks.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:12 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

The service writer says it is still available. I don't know why it isn't on their site. I got to get it done this month before it expires. The local Nissan dealer wanted 450, fk that.

I had it done, the service writer gave me a discount for being in the High Mileage club. I paid 203.99. It looks like they used BG Full Synthetic ATF. I hope at least it is the High efficiency stuff.

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/trans.../#bg-product-4

Last edited by ezbme; 06-28-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:03 PM
antirice
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
So has any of you got it done at the Infiniti dealership? Plan to get mine done soon, would like to know which dealership you guys went to and the cost.