SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

7AT Problems.. FML

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 11:04 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Hopefully they get on the ball for you, although im surprised they would say they ordered the trans, you have their car.
When i was having muffler replaced evry 1k , a total of 4x.
I pushed them to eat a payment, for the loss of use.
The csr rep got a manager who okd it, saved almost $500
Try to get them to bite, this way you can save a payment or 2.
Sometimes the dealer is more of a headache causing the delays.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:02 PM
jbehren

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Transmission shift program

Originally Posted by cyberBeach
I drive in DS yet auto a fair amount because in normal D, from standing at a stop sign, then hitting the gas, there's a pause before acceleration kicks in, and the transition is not smooth, can bounce your head around instead of just pinning you back.

Maybe it's important to hit the gas hard from stop and not ease in to it, so that the car learns that when you come off a full stop you want a full go.
Hi all - I've got a 2011 G37s Convertible and it does the same thing. Of course, it's especially prominent when turning a corner.. It's somewhat startling and annoying all at the same time. When I tried to show the dealer, it didn't exhibit with the same strength as usual, leading the dealer to assume I'm an idiot.

I find that driving in DS mode reduces this to some extent. Caveat is that if I mash the brakes too hard, the downshift has been known to cause my rears to lose traction.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:20 AM
JGabucci

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbehren
Hi all - I've got a 2011 G37s Convertible and it does the same thing. Of course, it's especially prominent when turning a corner.. It's somewhat startling and annoying all at the same time. When I tried to show the dealer, it didn't exhibit with the same strength as usual, leading the dealer to assume I'm an idiot.

I find that driving in DS mode reduces this to some extent. Caveat is that if I mash the brakes too hard, the downshift has been known to cause my rears to lose traction.
We are referring to a car stalling, not hesitating. Drive is Manual mode if you want to avoid hesitation between gear shifts.

Manual Transmission is the only way to go in this car. THe fun factor is cut in half with the 7 Speed in the vert.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:54 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JGabucci
We are referring to a car stalling, not hesitating. Drive is Manual mode if you want to avoid hesitation between gear shifts.

Manual Transmission is the only way to go in this car. THe fun factor is cut in half with the 7 Speed in the vert.
^ speaks the truth.

I hear that a Hypertech programmer fixes the launch bog by eliminating the throtle restriction...