SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

7AT Problems.. FML

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 03:12 PM
JGabucci

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7AT Problems.. FML

When the infiniti dealer tells you he doesn't know what's wrong with the car, I start to panic. Not because the car isn't eventually going to get fixed but the fact that this is going to be a very drawn out ordeal.

Last wednesday night 7/26 after a 25 minute drive at highway speeds I approach the off ramp of the belt parkway. I approach the traffic light and come to a complete stop. Let's turns green, after a mildly spritied run two traffic lights down on ocean pkwy I come to another light and stop. As the car comes to a complete stop the rpm's almost instantly drop and jump almost violently.. I put it up to neutral and the rpms stabilize.. I said wtf was that?!? Light turns green put it back into drive and the car instantly stalls. Back into park, start, reverse or drive instant stall. Okay in neutral or park.

If I push the car from neutral and put it into drive the car will get into gear and shift without hesitation or problem. Its when I come to a stop and approach 0 mph, or try to get into drive from a stop that the car stalls.

Call a tow truck, and some how when he arrives a day later the car will go into drive or reverse but make a terrible hiss/hum only when put into gear.

Dealer calls me friday says car is ready and needed a idle relearn.. Yea right.. Pick it up saturday at 730am, drive 2 miles down sunrise highway come to a stop and guess what it stalled again... The dealer obviously didn't test drive the car, and tells me well the computer didn't throw a code so I dnt knw what wrong with it.. I say tranny.

Any ideas?
Old 08-01-2011, 03:47 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JGabucci
When the infiniti dealer tells you he doesn't know what's wrong with the car, I start to panic. Not because the car isn't eventually going to get fixed but the fact that this is going to be a very drawn out ordeal.

Last wednesday night 7/26 after a 25 minute drive at highway speeds I approach the off ramp of the belt parkway. I approach the traffic light and come to a complete stop. Let's turns green, after a mildly spritied run two traffic lights down on ocean pkwy I come to another light and stop. As the car comes to a complete stop the rpm's almost instantly drop and jump almost violently.. I put it up to neutral and the rpms stabilize.. I said wtf was that?!? Light turns green put it back into drive and the car instantly stalls. Back into park, start, reverse or drive instant stall. Okay in neutral or park.

If I push the car from neutral and put it into drive the car will get into gear and shift without hesitation or problem. Its when I come to a stop and approach 0 mph, or try to get into drive from a stop that the car stalls.

Call a tow truck, and some how when he arrives a day later the car will go into drive or reverse but make a terrible hiss/hum only when put into gear.

Dealer calls me friday says car is ready and needed a idle relearn.. Yea right.. Pick it up saturday at 730am, drive 2 miles down sunrise highway come to a stop and guess what it stalled again... The dealer obviously didn't test drive the car, and tells me well the computer didn't throw a code so I dnt knw what wrong with it.. I say tranny.

Any ideas?
Dude - that sux!
Aside from the trans, I would look at the ECU and specififcally air/fuel related issues. Have you done any work to your intake? Perhaps the MAF sensor is fouled. Also, have you done any wiring in the car? Maybe a loose ground.
Just my $0.02 - keep us posted & good luck!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:57 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Check the MAF's I read something similar on here or on the Z forum for the same thing. Are you stock? Oh wait was on here, The MAF was plugged in backwards.. Sounds like a MAF issue? No CEL's.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:11 PM
kool_yaar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any updates?
Old 08-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Beer Magazine

My car has done the extreme RPM dip at lowspeeds and almost has stalled several times. There was a transmission reflash that seemed to help a bit. I don't notice it as much anymore, but it seems strange because I've never seen a car do that...ever. I feel like the car tries to go into too high of a gear at low speed and when the car realizes that the gear is wrong it blips the throttle.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:45 PM
JGabucci

Update.

Originally Posted by kool_yaar
Any updates?
Well... There are no codes being flagged.

The dealer is saying a tranny is ordered. They are 90% sure its the tranny. I feel real confident when the Infiniti Dealer says they are 90% sure and not 100% sure.. I happen to think the torque converter is ****ed but I could be wrong.

Now days if no code comes up the tech probably doesn't have to much of a clue. Nothing like an old school tech. Its been a two weeks now without my Vert. This is the biggest pain in my *** ever, I had things scheduled to be done and its all getting pushed back.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:14 PM
JGabucci

Update:

Today will Mark exactly a month that my Vehicile sits at the dealership. I am being told that due to the Tsunami, parts, especially Transmissions are hard to come by.

I called Infiniti Consumer Affairs and reported this to them, stating I am concerned because I haven' had my car for over a month.

I do not know what my options are at this point other then waiting. I am really angered over this. I bought a convertible so that I could enjoy the summer months..

Not to mention all four powder coated wheels were ****ed on the flatbed. I am feeling realliy happy.

Last edited by JGabucci; 08-17-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: EDIT
Old 08-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm impressed that they'd drop in a new trans... On the other hand, after 30 days in the shop, the lemon law would be nearing in some states.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:37 PM
JGabucci

Originally Posted by Boomer-Bob
I'm impressed that they'd drop in a new trans... On the other hand, after 30 days in the shop, the lemon law would be nearing in some states.
From: The New York State Attorney General -New Car Lemon Law Fact Sheet

Duty to Repair:

A reasonable chance for a manufacturer or its authorized agent to repair a problem for a new car is considered to be:

Four or more attempts to repair and the problem continues to exist; OR
The car is out of service by reason of repair of one or more problems for a cumulative total of 30 days or more.

Wondering how I should proceed.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:42 PM
JGabucci

Duty to Repair:

A reasonable chance for a manufacturer or its authorized agent to repair a problem for a new car is considered to be:

The car is out of service by reason of repair of one or more problems for a cumulative total of 30 days or more.

Doesn't apply to me because it wasn't a reason of repair. Thats out.

This is from the fact sheet:

If the same problem cannot be repaired after four or more attempts;

or if your car is out of service to repair the problem for a total of 30 days during the warranty
period; or if the manufacturer or its agent refuses to repair the substantial defect
or condition within 20 days of receipt of notice sent by receipt requested; then
you may be entitled to either a comparable car or a refund of your purchase
price, plus license and registration fees, minus a mileage allowance only if the
vehicle has been driven more than 12,000 miles. Special notification
requirements may apply to motor homes.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Duty to Repair:

Nicely mention to the dealer and/or Infinti Corporate that the lemon law in your state states that after 30 days you can file, and you dont REALLY want to file but you will IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE TO. I.E. be nice but firm and make them clearly get the idea you are considering doing so.

Youd be amazed at how quickly they can find parts. The tranny went out on my new Accord at 1200 miles and it was backordered everywhere (not because of weather.......because EVERYONEs Accord trannies were dying). After waiting the 2 or 3 weeks I was originally told the dealer came out and said they had no clue when it would actually show up. A polite but firm call to Honda America in NJ got me a free bumper to bumper extended warranty, and mysteriously a couple days later my replacement tranny showed up.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM
JGabucci

Originally Posted by Chris11LE
Nicely mention to the dealer and/or Infinti Corporate that the lemon law in your state states that after 30 days you can file, and you dont REALLY want to file but you will IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE TO. I.E. be nice but firm and make them clearly get the idea you are considering doing so.

Youd be amazed at how quickly they can find parts. The tranny went out on my new Accord at 1200 miles and it was backordered everywhere (not because of weather.......because EVERYONEs Accord trannies were dying). After waiting the 2 or 3 weeks I was originally told the dealer came out and said they had no clue when it would actually show up. A polite but firm call to Honda America in NJ got me a free bumper to bumper extended warranty, and mysteriously a couple days later my replacement tranny showed up.
I have been extremely patient and understanding of the situation. My approach would certaintly not be an aggressive one. I am waiting for the Service Rep to call me back and mention it to him nicely.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:06 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
my tranny went out too, due to the same situation, took it to the dealer, and got a call back about an hour later and told me that i need a new transmission and that theyll replace it for free under warranty. they also told me that they had to order one from japan and that itll take about 2 weeks, im glad it was fixed on time, took them about 2 week and a half to have it ready. some dealerships are just lazy... but hope you get it soon, in perfect condition. good luck!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I have been extremely patient and understanding of the situation. My approach would certaintly not be an aggressive one. I am waiting for the Service Rep to call me back and mention it to him nicely.
IMHO, the right way to go. Sometimes things are going on that the customer doesn't hear about.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:47 PM
JGabucci

Dear Infiniti,

After leasing six vehicles, dealing with a dealership that refused to service my Infiniti because I did not purchase from them, 28 days without a convertible in the middle of the summer and giving me the run around telling me parts are on order when consumer affairs tells me they are still "Diagnosing" the problem and blowing smoke up my *** it is time to say goodbye. After my lease is up its on to a new family. F You NISSAN!

Thank you,

John G.

Consumer affairs called me friday afternoon to inform me that there has been some sort of "miscommunication".. No parts were ever order for the car. They are still trying to Diagnose the vehicle. After 28 days they are still Diagnosing the vehicle.

I call the dealer today and he tells me they think its "software". ****ing Software. The transmission sounds like its ready to meltdown and they think its software! After all this wasted time thinking a new transmission is on its way.. Nothing has been done. No parts on order, nothing. When i ask if the software programming was done I get "Oh the tech left for the day". I am so furious and enraged by the run around I have been getting for over a month. Never again. This experience has been one to certaintly remember.

Infiniti if you out there reading this.. Big time **** up and it seems as if no one gives a rats *** about getting my car back to me anytime soon. What burns me more is that another payment is due, and I make my payments on time. I simply wanted my car back in a timely fashion or a replacement and not your G37 Loaner Sedan!

Quick Reply: 7AT Problems.. FML