South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

DFW shop for spring install.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 06:43 PM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
DFW shop for spring install.

Hey everyone, I assume there's atleast a few people on here that live in the Dallas-Ft Worth Metroplex. I recently bought some Eibach springs for my sedan and before I bought them, I went around town while I was getting my oil changed and getting my tires replaced, asking for a quote for install just out of curiosity. Most places I asked told me it would be 500-700 for the install, but im assuming thats high because none of them were custom auto shops or anything of that nature. I currently live in Ft Worth, but I drive back to see family in Plano (just north of Dallas) on some weekends. Has anyone on here who lives in the metroplex had a spring install done around the area and have a shop they would recommend? (one that hopefully isn't going to charge me an arm and a leg for the install)
Old 03-25-2013, 07:07 PM
vivema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you not bold enough to try and install them yourself? I'm waiting for the Tein S.Tech to be available, they seem to be on a national back order, I'm gonna take the plunge to do it myself. There are some REALLY GOOD DIY guides on this forum
Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 PM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

I would love to try it out myself if i had the time. I'm a medical student with board exams coming up in 2 months. And knowing me, I'd probably need to dedicate an entire day to it, which I can't see myself doing.

Then again, if no one has a shop to suggest I might just wait to do it myself after my boards.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:04 PM
MrSeafoo

Originally Posted by SunnyD89
I would love to try it out myself if i had the time. I'm a medical student with board exams coming up in 2 months. And knowing me, I'd probably need to dedicate an entire day to it, which I can't see myself doing.

Then again, if no one has a shop to suggest I might just wait to do it myself after my boards.
Sorry I don't have a specific shop suggestion as I don't live in your area. I did do some research before I ordered some Swift springs last week.

Two tires shops wanted over 500.00 for the install. A local performance shop that has good reviews is charging 250.00.

If you don't have the time to do it yourself, keep calling around.

Seafoo
Old 03-25-2013, 11:19 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
If you're not planning on camber/toe kits the install is pretty easy. You can remove the front struts & take them to a shop w/ your new front springs and have them switch the springs for a reasonable price. Compressing and swapping the springs is the most time consuming part, so if you have that done you could DIY the rest in a couple hours. Took me about 4 hours to do the camber/toe kits and spring swap using compressors from autozone. If your not one to do mechanic work it may take a bit longer, but it's pretty straightforward (if you have the breaker bar, impact wrench & jackstands
Old 03-26-2013, 12:08 AM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MrSeafoo
Sorry I don't have a specific shop suggestion as I don't live in your area. I did do some research before I ordered some Swift springs last week.

Two tires shops wanted over 500.00 for the install. A local performance shop that has good reviews is charging 250.00.

If you don't have the time to do it yourself, keep calling around.

Seafoo
Yea the places I went to were tire shops as well so ill definitely look for different auto shops.

Originally Posted by blnewt
If you're not planning on camber/toe kits the install is pretty easy. You can remove the front struts & take them to a shop w/ your new front springs and have them switch the springs for a reasonable price. Compressing and swapping the springs is the most time consuming part, so if you have that done you could DIY the rest in a couple hours. Took me about 4 hours to do the camber/toe kits and spring swap using compressors from autozone. If your not one to do mechanic work it may take a bit longer, but it's pretty straightforward (if you have the breaker bar, impact wrench & jackstands
interesting ill have to see if a shop would be willing to do that for me. then i could study while they do haha. how much would you say is a reasonable price for going that route?

also i think you've answered every single question ive ever posted on these forums blnewt. what a BAMF.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Dupree28

Try Jotech Motorsports in Garland. They installed my swift springs for $150. They work on a ton of Nissans/Infinitis, and are very knowlegable. Ive also had my exhaust installed there.

Trending Topics

Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Dupree28
Try Jotech Motorsports in Garland. They installed my swift springs for $150. They work on a ton of Nissans/Infinitis, and are very knowlegable. Ive also had my exhaust installed there.
Now that's a hellofa deal, Sunny looks like you've got a win!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:01 AM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Now that's a hellofa deal, Sunny looks like you've got a win!
Awesome I'll give them a call today and see what they can do for me! Thanks!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 AM
G Nepal

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
I know a guy in Richardson who can do it for cheaper. He works outside of his shop. PM me if u want his num. I had my exhaust installed by him. Great guy.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:42 PM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

back on the lookout again. they quoted me double that at $300...
Old 03-26-2013, 07:48 PM
MrSeafoo

I made a couple more calls to see if I could get a quote closer to 150.00 as posted above. A performance shop said they needed 3 hours at 110.00 an hr.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:55 PM
G Nepal

I'm telling u again. Polly this guy can do it for abt $70-80. Lmk
Old 03-26-2013, 08:12 PM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G Nepal
I'm telling u again. Polly this guy can do it for abt $70-80. Lmk
Hey sorry I wasn't ignoring you I just forgot to reply. I've had people work on my cars in the past outside of their shops at home before and its gone badly. hence my fiancee is against it cause its been really expensive getting those screw-ups fixed. Thanks for lookin out though, I appreciate it!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 PM
G Nepal

Originally Posted by SunnyD89
Hey sorry I wasn't ignoring you I just forgot to reply. I've had people work on my cars in the past outside of their shops at home before and its gone badly. hence my fiancee is against it cause its been really expensive getting those screw-ups fixed. Thanks for lookin out though, I appreciate it!
Sure thing dude. IMHO I see it this way... if its the same person working at the shop.. we ready to pay 120 an hr but hesitant to pay 80 for 2 hrs. But I sure understand where u coming from.... all the best. I had my springs put for $40. Guy did a great job.