Picture Share G Vert Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Vert.

Atlanta g37 meet pics January 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Falcons023

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoshLee89
Hey Falcons.
First, it is totally up to you, but after lots of research on my own. Our factory (All chrome) Grill is not meant to be painted. I first was going to paint my grill and took it to well known shop in Nalley, Nalley Collison center. They told me in the long run, the paint will not hold up very well in that texture of the grille no matter what, and easily get rock chips. And they admitted that the quaility and durability of painted grills won't be good as Factory ones which already comes painted from factoy, "Midnight Grill" OEM ones. So if it was me, I will go with OEM.

Second.
Don't pay anyone to do install simple things like grill. It is pretty simple and I have fun working on my car so. lol
There is DIY for it on the forum. also all the LEDs interior and exterior that you asked about. Just buy all the right bulbs for less than 80 ish, and DIY!
I agree completely with your 1st point. The guy at Magnum said they are going to sand, put a prime and them pain the grill. They are not doing it on the chrome itself. That is the only reason....i am considering of doing it. Also, They are not charging for the installation at all. All they were charging is for the labor (2.5 Hrs) and materials

I will go your route of ordering the lights from VLED's for interior and License plate and change the bulbs myself.

I will reach out to you...if i have a question..
Old 01-24-2011, 11:22 PM
JoshLee89

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This is what I used

post 73
https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...e-plate-5.html

Post 91
https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...e-plate-7.html
I didnt do exactly what He did, but used it as reference
Old 01-24-2011, 11:24 PM
JoshLee89

I am sure Vled carries very similar bulbs.
Vled I think has best quaility bulbs so you should research and find right size, and color that you want.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Falcons023

I will take a look at that thread...thanks for the links Josh
Old 01-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Falcons023

I will probably try out the license plate bulbs to see the color of the light and then....order the rest of the interior lights
Old 01-25-2011, 10:53 AM
FukinG37S
Banned

I think I am going to go with a scheme setup on my ride. I have been looking at the exhaust first to purchase. And will be going with the Tanabe Medalion setup, seems to be best, and isn't too loud, but has a nice beefy sound to it. I was thinking of an intake - but that'll be later down the road. I may also purchase the Vossen Forged 3 piece VF084 later on.

I seen some locking lugs/key from Infiniti I am going to get these as soon as I can get over to the dealer this coming monday. Need to change my oil anyways.

I do want a drop, but only slightly. If I get those wheels, I am going to go 19's with a NICE offset in the rear and a wider tire probably a 10''. I loved the stance on Josh's ride, looked so good.

Gotta get some change together for some tires in the mean time.

I should run 245/45/19 Fronts
275/40/19 Rear?

Correct?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:00 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by JoshLee89

Me and BJ =)
MONEY$$$$ SHOT!!!!!!!!

LOVE the rolling shots too guys! cars looks amazing!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:59 PM
gumpdriver

Well i can't wait to get mine when i get back to the states around christmas
Old 01-25-2011, 01:37 PM
JoshLee89

^^^^ I took that photo with my camera. hehehe
Old 01-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Falcons023

Originally Posted by FukinG37S
I think I am going to go with a scheme setup on my ride. I have been looking at the exhaust first to purchase. And will be going with the Tanabe Medalion setup, seems to be best, and isn't too loud, but has a nice beefy sound to it. I was thinking of an intake - but that'll be later down the road. I may also purchase the Vossen Forged 3 piece VF084 later on.

I seen some locking lugs/key from Infiniti I am going to get these as soon as I can get over to the dealer this coming monday. Need to change my oil anyways.

I do want a drop, but only slightly. If I get those wheels, I am going to go 19's with a NICE offset in the rear and a wider tire probably a 10''. I loved the stance on Josh's ride, looked so good.

Gotta get some change together for some tires in the mean time.

I should run 245/45/19 Fronts
275/40/19 Rear?

Correct?
I am planning to change my wheels as well but sometime during the Christmas...I might get Work Schwartz SC1. I am thinking of
19" x 8.5"
19" x 9.5"

with the same tires you mentioned. I was originally thought of dropping on Eibach PK...but not so sure right now.

I think there is a lot of time to think about for me..
Old 01-25-2011, 04:01 PM
FukinG37S
Banned

Ya I wanted to go full JDM with the Work Wheels. I was quoted for some nice offsets $5400. But they are Work wheels so... I believe they were 2 piece. I think the work equip 05's are 2 piece. Not for sure.

Ya, I want to do a drop, but I am more concerned about the performance of the vehicle over all of these mods. If it is going to hurt anytthing as far as the engineering. I know lowering it will, and I might not do anything like that, but we will see.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Falcons023

Originally Posted by FukinG37S
Ya I wanted to go full JDM with the Work Wheels. I was quoted for some nice offsets $5400. But they are Work wheels so... I believe they were 2 piece. I think the work equip 05's are 2 piece. Not for sure.

Ya, I want to do a drop, but I am more concerned about the performance of the vehicle over all of these mods. If it is going to hurt anytthing as far as the engineering. I know lowering it will, and I might not do anything like that, but we will see.
I like the way my car handles right now...i am not sure how Eibach PK will change the handling of the car. I have asked a lot of people and i got a lot of mixed reviews...
Old 01-25-2011, 04:40 PM
JoshLee89

Clearification

Lowering Springs are mainly for looks, but drop like Eibach will actaully have same or very similar ride quaility and feeling to Stock Springs and actually will have slight better handling than stock (due to lower center of gravity). So basically lowering springs won't hurt your handling, but it will add to looks and slightly better handling.

For my case with S-tech, probably handling is better than stock. But since is lowww, I gotta be careful going over bumpy roads. So actually you will get habbit of driving slower and watch for potholes on the roads that I never been into.

If, you want to go performance route (superb handling), you gotta get K3 COILS, which will replace everything in suspension, shock etc. Getting a coil is a lot more expensive but handling will be alotttttttt better than stocks.

And from my experience. If you care about handling, i think you gotta care more about the witdth of tire size. wider the tire, better handling. I had 245/35/20 and 285/30/20 before now I have 235/35/20 265/30/20. when I had wider tires, it handled 10000x better.

So Falcons, I think you have a misconception (question) that "Eibach PK will change the handling of the car??" the right question should be "Eibach PK will change the height too much and will I scrape?" (and answer is No but may be sometimes)
and you should care about ""tire size"" for handling.

and 20"s are most likely for the show, not performance, If you care only about performance not look, you must get 19", But you gotta remember that look of the car even with most expensive, niciest design etc won't be even comparable to cars with nice 20"s.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 PM
FukinG37S
Banned

Oh of course, Josh, I know certain properties pertain to looks and others pertain to performance. Yes, I want the greatest performance, but the car was designed the way it is to give the max output of the car. Needless to say, I can slam a stage 2 GTM kit on it, and go fast, but I want to remain stock motor for now(trying to buy a house) and do mostly looks on this ride. But I also want to maintain a lot of the performance in it as well. I am deep into Skylines and thats what I look at this thing as. I want a haggard look on this G... slammed, wicked offsets, stretched rubber, mitch match colored fenders, tons of zip ties, CF hood (to bad lights are 1 piece, i cant take half of it out) CF trunk, stupid rainbow lights inside with cloth wrapped dash in WTF material, dingly danglies from the headrest all the around, 12 point cage, bride seats, and stupid *** ***** shift ****....

For now I need tires...

And slide the G slideways... I only bought the G because no matter how much money I stuck in the 240 it wouldn't ever make room for a VK56DE... Nissans GT motor... Common in Saudi Arabia in Nissan Patrols (with boost!)

On youtube a Patrol pulled on a GTR... Heh, a suv... I've also seen on youtube (kid clearly didn't know how to drive it) a TT G37 pull on a GTR....

I don't know which way I want to go. I want a vette, lol

Maybe I should rent a vette before I buy one. Z06 vette pulls anyone? ^^

Lol I was on way to girls house one night on 61 in Carrollton, and this Q45 kept screwin with me... I had a passenger he didn't. 1 car length ahead, he snaps it, I just blew on by....

VQ POWA > VH POWA

and VK's and VR's win us all, mmmmmmmmmmmm....
Old 01-26-2011, 04:03 AM
skykingania

I love the black top on that red vert. Is it a all view sun roof? where did he get that staff?

Quick Reply: Atlanta g37 meet pics January 2011