Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Beshoff Infiniti? (Help!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Airick637

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beshoff Infiniti? (Help!)

So I'm new to this Infiniti scene, and I'm from SF (I just purchased a used G37S coupe from Stevens Creek Lexus about 3 weeks ago) and all these little things kept popping up. So I decided to take care of them one by one, and basically this is about my experience and I was hoping you guys could help me. Warning: A bit of a read, please be patient with me.

My AFS light was blinking when I bought it, the Front Bumper was protruding a little bit, and a week into me buying the car - my GAS COVER SNAPPED. Turns out the gas cover was GLUED on by its previous owner and I had NO IDEA when I checked out the car out prior to purchasing it.

One week after, my maintenance light came up ... and so I decided to take it into Infiniti since I still have warranty. ('08 16,500 Miles). I took it to the Redwood City one, and it was cool but they weren't that much help. They asked me to come in another time, told me I couldn't get a loaner car (because I don't turn 21 until early September), and they would have to charge at least $180 for the diagnostic for the AFS lights. And here I am thinking, the WARRANTY should cover this, but no - the manager tells me that there was previous bumper work on my car, and it would void the warranty unless they found something wrong with the light itself. However, they did give me a brand new iPod adapter without hesitation, and I went home and weighed out my options and gave him a call back and I left a voicemail. He hasn't returned my message after 3 weeks now.

So I did some research online and yelped and blah blah and I figured if I drive 30-40 minutes to Redwood City I might as well just drive extra 20 to Beshoff since I've read such good reviews. Turns out - I should've read MORE because Brian left? Either way, I go there and here are a couple things that bother me

The Service Manager? says to me,

The AFS will cost $300 in labor for me to check out? Alrite whatever, I called Stevens Creek Lexus and they said they'll fix it, and they had already fixed the Gas Cap for free. (Only problem is that they don't give out loaner cars for used cars apparently).

I ask for a loaner car because he said it'll take 2-3 hours, and he kind of snickered at me, then agreed to give me one. I've never personally got a loaner car before, but my family has (Benz and Lexus), so i don't know if 75 miles per day limit it about right? So I got a G25 for my mom and I to take run errands with, so we go to the San Mateo area to take care of some things, and we come back and the tank is almost empty. He tells me that I had used 74 Miles, and they asked me to fill the tank up to a quarter tank? Is that right? Something felt off for me here.

Bright note: Some dude named "Willis?" I think was pretty cool and I was ultimately able to get a loaner car, even though I wasn't "21" yet, and they did a pretty good job on my car I guess - fixed exhaust rattle, replaced cabin filter, oil change, car wash and what not.

My main question is - am I being played around? Are there BETTER people to go to regarding this?

Thanks in advance guys and sorry for the long read!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
#1 the maintenence light you can set or reset on your own by using your onboard screen and controls. the blinking AFS light can mean either the bulb and plug is installed wrong or the previous owner swapped them out completely, if that's the case you'll have to live with the light. the part where the bumper is popped off is it by the edge where it meets the fender?

Beshoff is probably one of the best dealers around the bay. so, Lexus fixed your car and not Beshoff right?
Old 07-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Sounds like the car you bought may have been in a frontal collision. Can you confirm/deny?

Standard practice is to return a loaner/rental with the amount of gas it had in it before you left. If you drove 74 miles, ~3-4 gallons of gas sounds about right.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When you rent a car at Enterprise or Hertz you replace the gas you use or else you get charged.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:03 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
I've never had to replace the gas on any Infiniti loaner car while they were doing service. The following dealerships I've personally used Montclair Ca, South Beach Ca, and Beaverton OR. all had $0 charge for gas. BMW and Benz have never charged me for gas while servicing my cars either. I think you we're played around with.

But as Hapa stated I have had to replace gas on Enterprise & Hertz rentals, but that's stated on their contract. They even give you the option to not replace the gas on your own, and buy gas from them at a higher rate before you even leave with a rental. I think rental / loaner are two different things.

I have never seen / signed any contract when given an Infiniti loaner car, nor have I seen any age restrictions. I'd assume if you are over 18, you should get a loaner.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:04 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
you do have to be of specific age, just as renting a car. And yes you have to return the vehicle with the same amount of gas as you received it, just our practice. Also want to mention that Willis is a greeter and the person that ultimately got you your loaner would have been your service adviser. Do you remember the name of the person who you spoke with about fixing your vehicle? Also want to mention if you were quoted 300 then it would have been a repair and not just a diagnostic.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:24 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your story is kinda misleading to begin with. So did Steven Creek Lexus fix your car? I didn't know Lexus could service our cars, let alone under warranty. I assume you mean Beshoff cuz I doubt a Lexus dealership would give out a G25 loaner?

Filling in gas back to 1/4 is correct because that's what they give you the loaner with. The last time I got a loaner from them I filled it back to 1/4. Not sure what would of happened if I didn't.

As long as you're 18 and you have a driver's license you will get a loaner. True story.

I didn't know they charge you just to check out the problem, just like ^kaoticdemize said. The $300 quote would be for repairs that are NOT covered under warranty.

AFS has to do with your headlights. The previous owner probably swapped it out to non-AFS lights or something. If the gas cover is broken, it would not be covered under warranty also.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:10 PM
hechen507
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm 19 and I brought my G to the dealer in Ann Arbor, MI. They wouldn't let me have a loaner since I wasn't 21.... @ssholes made me wait 4 hours in the lobby.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:46 AM
mw09g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There isn't a specific age for a loaner car, but keep this in mind. you're NEVER entitled to a loaner car. You can be offered a loaner car if your service takes longer than x amount of hours. Diagnostics typically don't fall under this. They will shuttle you anywhere within like 45-50 miles. if they're nice, they'll take your insurance info and as long as you're old enough to make your own decisions (ie 18). and yes, loaner vehicles typically are 75 mi daily limit. I don't know what happens if you go over... it's typically not an issue.

second they will inspect the AFS issue and if it falls under warranty, you don't pay the diagnostic check, if it doesn't fall under warranty, you are due the diagnostic fee... this is not new. They have to quote you this because they can't be sure the nature of the issue.

if you got a cheaper price from another infiniti dealer, beshoff will typically match it. But when you ask for a price match, don't be an *** about it... they're doing you a favor... it's not their policy.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:58 AM
G-MENTED
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from what i've seen, beshoff is not the cheapest compared to other stealerships. if you want a few suggestions of truthworthy, reliable dealerships, go to niello in concord or infiniti of marin.

as for the loaner car, it's usually policy to make sure you return the car with the same gas. it makes sense doesnt it?
Old 07-28-2011, 03:31 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mw09g37
There isn't a specific age for a loaner car, but keep this in mind. you're NEVER entitled to a loaner car. You can be offered a loaner car if your service takes longer than x amount of hours. Diagnostics typically don't fall under this. They will shuttle you anywhere within like 45-50 miles. if they're nice, they'll take your insurance info and as long as you're old enough to make your own decisions (ie 18). and yes, loaner vehicles typically are 75 mi daily limit. I don't know what happens if you go over... it's typically not an issue.

second they will inspect the AFS issue and if it falls under warranty, you don't pay the diagnostic check, if it doesn't fall under warranty, you are due the diagnostic fee... this is not new. They have to quote you this because they can't be sure the nature of the issue.

if you got a cheaper price from another infiniti dealer, beshoff will typically match it. But when you ask for a price match, don't be an *** about it... they're doing you a favor... it's not their policy.
didn't know that. some good info there. thanks!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:16 PM
itisagoodname

Originally Posted by Airick637
So I'm new to this Infiniti scene, and I'm from SF (I just purchased a used G37S coupe from Stevens Creek Lexus about 3 weeks ago) and all these little things kept popping up. So I decided to take care of them one by one, and basically this is about my experience and I was hoping you guys could help me. Warning: A bit of a read, please be patient with me.

My AFS light was blinking when I bought it, the Front Bumper was protruding a little bit, and a week into me buying the car - my GAS COVER SNAPPED. Turns out the gas cover was GLUED on by its previous owner and I had NO IDEA when I checked out the car out prior to purchasing it.

One week after, my maintenance light came up ... and so I decided to take it into Infiniti since I still have warranty. ('08 16,500 Miles). I took it to the Redwood City one, and it was cool but they weren't that much help. They asked me to come in another time, told me I couldn't get a loaner car (because I don't turn 21 until early September), and they would have to charge at least $180 for the diagnostic for the AFS lights. And here I am thinking, the WARRANTY should cover this, but no - the manager tells me that there was previous bumper work on my car, and it would void the warranty unless they found something wrong with the light itself. However, they did give me a brand new iPod adapter without hesitation, and I went home and weighed out my options and gave him a call back and I left a voicemail. He hasn't returned my message after 3 weeks now.

So I did some research online and yelped and blah blah and I figured if I drive 30-40 minutes to Redwood City I might as well just drive extra 20 to Beshoff since I've read such good reviews. Turns out - I should've read MORE because Brian left? Either way, I go there and here are a couple things that bother me

The Service Manager? says to me,

The AFS will cost $300 in labor for me to check out? Alrite whatever, I called Stevens Creek Lexus and they said they'll fix it, and they had already fixed the Gas Cap for free. (Only problem is that they don't give out loaner cars for used cars apparently).

I ask for a loaner car because he said it'll take 2-3 hours, and he kind of snickered at me, then agreed to give me one. I've never personally got a loaner car before, but my family has (Benz and Lexus), so i don't know if 75 miles per day limit it about right? So I got a G25 for my mom and I to take run errands with, so we go to the San Mateo area to take care of some things, and we come back and the tank is almost empty. He tells me that I had used 74 Miles, and they asked me to fill the tank up to a quarter tank? Is that right? Something felt off for me here.

Bright note: Some dude named "Willis?" I think was pretty cool and I was ultimately able to get a loaner car, even though I wasn't "21" yet, and they did a pretty good job on my car I guess - fixed exhaust rattle, replaced cabin filter, oil change, car wash and what not.

My main question is - am I being played around? Are there BETTER people to go to regarding this?

Thanks in advance guys and sorry for the long read!
Stevens creek lexus huh? This wasn't by chance a black '08 at a ridiculously low price was it?

+1 For Beshoff, the only Infiniti dealership i'll deal with. Stevens Creek Infiniti were total *******s when i stopped there. Is this warranty work? Beshoff has been A++++++ when it comes to my warranty repairs, and there have been a ton.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Airick637

Hey guys I just wanted to thank you guys for all the help, sorry I've been on a hiatus for a while and haven't really had the opportunity to reply but hey better late than never I suppose.

After months and months of running around I'm happy to say I have fixed the underlying issues. Long story short, I've been to Beshoff a couple times and it's been a fair experience I'd say. There were some issues here and there but for the most part they've been pretty understanding and as far as Lexus of Stevens Creek goes - they paid for all of my headlight issues and had it installed for free (not without some struggle) but I'm happy to say I'm finally past all these things.

My carfax and such say the car's never been an accident but I think it might've been in a small one considering the left headlight was Non-AFS. (But, Lexus paid for the AFS Headlight and had it installed.)

itisagoodname - My G was the Grey one at 16,500 miles =D

Once again, thanks for all the help guys!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:36 AM
cCarlo

If your gas cover snapped off. Blame goes to the dealership, not the previous owner. Because technically, the dealership became the previous owner. Slap em in the face and tell em to fix it.

oops sorry. looks like they did fix it. lols.