Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

just got pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:24 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just bad luck running into that cop. I've been pulled over by CHP once because I was falling asleep and he didn't mention anything. Been tailed by CHP/local PD many times and have no problems with my tint/hks/bluebat gtr tails... He's just being a jerk imo. HKS isn't even loud lmao..
Old 09-03-2009, 02:43 AM
SFG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wei, most SFPD are assigned to a district or "Hood" . Most SF motor cops come out of Bryant st. He sounds as if he was on the rag that day. Just keep an eye open and feather the go pedal when crusing the area he yanked ya over in.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:53 AM
G37_6MT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yo Wei, I got my exhaust certified by a state referee on my last car and got paperwork for it.

I don't think they charged me but it was almost 5 years ago lol... maybe try calling and ask?
Old 09-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SFG37S
Wei, most SFPD are assigned to a district or "Hood" . Most SF motor cops come out of Bryant st. He sounds as if he was on the rag that day. Just keep an eye open and feather the go pedal when crusing the area he yanked ya over in.
yeah i know, that was a bad spot to actually go to cuz it's so close to the hall of justice and that's where all the motorcycle cops comes out to get people. i was really just driving normally. i'm still consider lucky though. no tickets yet. i'm taking fremont exit from now on when coming back from oakland. less motorcycle cops there. hehe

Originally Posted by G37_6MT
Yo Wei, I got my exhaust certified by a state referee on my last car and got paperwork for it.

I don't think they charged me but it was almost 5 years ago lol... maybe try calling and ask?
sup ting! that is something i want to do if i don't have all these other mods on my car. i'll just do that if i really have to.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:30 AM
Buru

Yea the cops in bay area are strict. I got 2 speeding tickets for doing 75 on freeway, 1 ticket for not stopping completely for at least 3 sec when turning right on a red light ( i was the only car on the road too ) 1 ticket for stopping only 1 sec at a stop sign in my school parking ( it was 6 30 in the morning and i was also the only car there too ) ...
Old 09-04-2009, 06:49 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Buru
Yea the cops in bay area are strict. I got 2 speeding tickets for doing 75 on freeway, 1 ticket for not stopping completely for at least 3 sec when turning right on a red light ( i was the only car on the road too ) 1 ticket for stopping only 1 sec at a stop sign in my school parking ( it was 6 30 in the morning and i was also the only car there too ) ...
tell me about it... i got this one before lol.. total BS! and i did a complete stop, he said 3 secs wtf
Old 09-10-2009, 06:46 PM
G_rev

Exhaust under 95db are legal yes... but having an aftermarket parts on the car IS ILLEGAL. Even though your car is quiet and you were sent to the ref ... you can still fail upon inspection. I've been pulled over before for having an exhaust (aftermarket) on my subaru which happens to be HKS. It was a pain to get it written off each station I went told me to go to ref and puts ref sticker on my ticket. Luckily while it was still fresh I slowly peeled the sticker off and go to another station to have it written off. Mind you I switched my exhaust back to stock.

Another I got pulled over for my exhaust thread =/ I've seen it all lol... good thing you weren't ticketed. If you were in socal that's guaranteed ticket lol. Gotta pay to play =]