Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

just got pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
just got pulled over

for my hks exhaust in SF. lucky he didn't gave me a ticket but warned me if he sees me again he'll send my car to the state ref which could cost hundreds. for the peeps that lives in the city avoid downtown 7th street during rush hour.
he even asked me to open my hood and check the engine bay. i'm all stock other than my exhaust. i'm taking a different route home now.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:58 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn that sucks man. Luckily no ticket.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:59 PM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn man they are strict over there
Old 09-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Weiboy718

this is my first time i ever got pulled over in my G. i had other things he didn't mentioned like tinted windows and no front plates. he did looked at my smoked taillights for a few minutes too. luckily it wasn't too dark. lights still go through perfectly. what do i do now since he recognizes me. taking alternate route don't always solve the problems. i thought if your exhaust is under a certain DB you're okay to have???
Old 09-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Super strict man. HKS isn't even that loud without HFC's or TP's.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by Gamedog
Super strict man. HKS isn't even that loud without HFC's or TP's.
i know man! i think he's just going by the book. even CHP don't get us for that. i guess i'll just have to take a more congested street home from now on just to avoid seeing him again.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:32 PM
jnguyen

it is way to strict there. Baton rouge you don't get pulled over for anything except traffic violations. I can have 0 percent tint and still be fine. Also as long you're not acting like a ricer driving fast and reving then you are pretty much free in baton rouge
Old 09-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Weiboy718

i know it's just the cop being strict. it's always the cop on motorcycle looking for some stuff like this. squad cars don't give a damn about it. he even said that my fog lights should be in the bumper and i was like these are stock lights. the fog's are integrated on our housing. he doesn't believe it lol.

i just called hks and asked them is our exhaust street legal. they even said yes and by CA law, if it's under 95db it's legal. man, i was hoping they have a carb legal sticker for us but nope, they don't.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:52 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
So you got pulled over because it's too loud or because you have an aftermarket exhaust? Where you driving aggressive or just cruising?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
damn too strict...
Old 09-02-2009, 08:03 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
i know it's just the cop being strict. it's always the cop on motorcycle looking for some stuff like this. squad cars don't give a damn about it. he even said that my fog lights should be in the bumper and i was like these are stock lights. the fog's are integrated on our housing. he doesn't believe it lol.

i just called hks and asked them is our exhaust street legal. they even said yes and by CA law, if it's under 95db it's legal. man, i was hoping they have a carb legal sticker for us but nope, they don't.
lolz i would love to see him give you a ticket for your foglights
Old 09-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by aliiin
damn too strict...
i think he's just really going by the book

Originally Posted by G37Sam
So you got pulled over because it's too loud or because you have an aftermarket exhaust? Where you driving aggressive or just cruising?
yeah, because of my exhaust. i was just cruising home, going the same route i've been going for years.

Originally Posted by jnguyen
lolz i would love to see him give you a ticket for your foglights
no man, he say's my lights are aftermarket. i tried to explain to him that it's like that but you know, they're always right so i just said yeah, it's aftermarket. didn't want to argue with him.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:16 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Over here, any major mod to your car is illegal (unfortunately, "major" was not defined) so legaly speaking, an aftermarket exhaust (even if it makes the note quiter) is considered illegal
Old 09-02-2009, 09:00 PM
xyz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cat-backs are legal in CA last time I checked. If HKS says they are legal, just get documentation from them saying the cat-back is under 95 db, and show to the cop next time if he pulls you over. The cop can still be an *** and have you do the test at state referee though . . . .
Old 09-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by xyz
Cat-backs are legal in CA last time I checked. If HKS says they are legal, just get documentation from them saying the cat-back is under 95 db, and show to the cop next time if he pulls you over. The cop can still be an *** and have you do the test at state referee though . . . .
yeah, i know they're legal, i know it's was just the cop being strict. i tried to ask hks to get the documentation and they said they don't offer those carb stickers no more. the only way to get it certified is to go to the state ref and do the DB test and if i pass they'll give me some kind of paperwork regarding the exhaust. then if i ever get pulled over again i could just show them that. don't think anyone is gonna do that lol

Quick Reply: just got pulled over