Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Assistance/recommendations required (drive idle 500rpm)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 11:21 AM
Gabe Cady
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Assistance/recommendations required (drive idle 500rpm)

ok so as the top states. I cleaned at least one side of my throttle body and had to take it to a shop bc I barely got the crap back on and it was never touched on my car period since then it was idling at 500rpm even when cleaned. Looked a bunch of forums no solution so I took it to the dealer THEY ACTUALLY FIXED IT (or so it seemed.) They definitely fixed it since when I started the car again it jumped from 500rpm rough idle to 650rpm perfectly smooth and was great. the rep was awesome and the guys in the back were total car guys and loved working on G's. came home went to bed. moment of truth this morning. Started up was at 650, drove it 500-570rpm rough idle in drive only. When I took it in they said my car wasn't accepting the parameters (computer issue?) and that I shouldn't touch the tb since they're very sensitive and can break (someone had a g35 in yesterday at the same time but he broke his tb and wasn't taking care of the car yikes) they said mine aren't broken but the computer wasn't doing/accepting the right parameters (like it is again now) so..since it's still happening but after I drive for a random amount of time it'll go back to 650rpm and be all good. My question is. Can I live with it? I've only had one hesitation issue when it still idles at 500rpm but when it's at normal idle speed it's fine. any long term side effects to be aware of at all? also getting a obdII scanner to do the air volume relearn again just in case. Not sure if I messed up and needed to drive more before shutting my car off originally or anything like that. Please lmk!